Pheedno is offline Respected Member

17aa liver breakdown

Can one of my fellow brothers put up some actuall documentation of the break down of 17 alpha alkylated steroids . Specifically the proccess of how and why it is passed through the liver twice.

I have been searching this and have yet to find anything that confirms this. I would like to add this tidbit of info in the files.

stinky is offline Associate Member
    Bump

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It is passed more than twice. It is passed several times. It is because the drug is protected from liver and stomach enzymes from the 17AA bond. I will try to find a medical or chemical paper when I get a chance. Here is a post I made several months ago explaining the process a little better. There may be some errors as I am not a chemist.

Kaoz,
    That is one of the best questions I have heard asked on this board since I have been here. I will give you the best answer considering I am by no means a chemist and someone can come along later and correct my mistakes. The quick answer to your question is yes the fact that a steroid is a 17-Alkylated steroid makes it tougher on the liver. Here is why. The 17-methyl group which works to block liver enzymes and stomach acids from reacting with the steroid molecule must go through the liver several times before the compound is rendered useless unlike non 17-AA compounds which have the 17 beta-hydroxyl group removed rendering them useless once passed through the liver. However, the ester on the (injectible) steroids makes the pass much slower (over a longer period of time) while the orals make the pass through the liver many times in a matter of hours. 17 AA metabolites are always 17 AA metabolites so for instance dbol aromatizes into a 17aa estradiol-type coumpound. I think the substance itself does play a role in how elevated ones liver values get (understand that elevated liver values only mean the liver is working harder and doesn't necessarily indicate damage). Anavar and winny seem to be much less liver heptoxic then dbol and anadrol . Varying biochemical differences between people make this tough to calculate accurately.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Rickson, thanks bro. Thats basically what I was looking for.

The variation in liver values would be so inconsistant from person to person that actuall studies to find an approximation or average of toxcity would'nt be feasable.

Thanks again

Thread Information