roid1234 is offline New Member

Erythropoietin EPO

Anybody know anything about this stuff .If it is a weight gain steroid then I can't use it .Does it have side effects like normal steroids or is it just for endurance .Also anybody know where I can purchase it for the UK ? It's for my boxing training.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Not much... so I did some reading....
    (from Wiki)
    Erythropoietin, or its alternatives erythropoetin or erithropoyetin (pronounced /ɨˌrɪθrɵˈpɔɪ.ɨtɨn/, /ɨˌrɪθrɵˈpɔɪtən/, or /ɨˌriːθrɵ-/) or EPO, is a glycoprotein hormone that controls erythropoiesis, or red blood cell production. It is a cytokine for erythrocyte (red blood cell) precursors in the bone marrow.

Also called hematopoietin or hemopoietin, it is produced by the peritubular capillary endothelial cells in the kidney and liver, it is the hormone that regulates red blood cell production. It also has other known biological functions. For example, erythropoietin plays an important role in the brain's response to neuronal injury.[1] EPO is also involved in the wound healing process.[2]

When exogenous EPO is used as a performance-enhancing drug, it is classified as an erythropoiesis-stimulating agent (ESA). Exogenous EPO can often be detected in blood, due to slight difference from the endogenous protein, for example in features of posttranslational modification.

Blood doping
    ESAs have a history of usage as a blood doping agent in endurance sports such as cycling, rowing, distance running, race walking, cross country skiing, biathlon, triathlons, and, most recently, billiards.[17]

Though EPO was believed to be widely used in the 1990s in certain sports, there was no way to directly test for it until in 2000 when a test developed by scientists at the French national anti-doping laboratory (LNDD) and endorsed by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) was introduced to detect pharmaceutical EPO by distinguishing it from the nearly-identical natural hormone normally present in an athlete’s urine.

In 2002, at the Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Don Catlin, MD, the founder and then-director of the UCLA Olympic Analytical Lab, reported darbepoetin alfa, a form of erythropoietin, for the first time in sports.[18]

In 2010, Floyd Landis admitted using performance-enhancing drugs, including EPO, throughout the majority of his career as a professional rider.[19]

Since 2002, EPO tests done by U.S. sports authorities have consisted of only a urine or “direct” test. From 2000–2006, EPO tests at the Olympics were conducted on both blood and urine.[20][21]

I read several websites, nothing about weight gain. But there is a screen for it and could test positive for it if it is checked for a fight.

roid1234 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Not much... so I did some reading....
    (from Wiki)
    Erythropoietin, or its alternatives erythropoetin or erithropoyetin (pronounced /ɨˌrɪθrɵˈpɔɪ.ɨtɨn/, /ɨˌrɪθrɵˈpɔɪtən/, or /ɨˌriːθrɵ-/) or EPO, is a glycoprotein hormone that controls erythropoiesis, or red blood cell production. It is a cytokine for erythrocyte (red blood cell) precursors in the bone marrow.

Also called hematopoietin or hemopoietin, it is produced by the peritubular capillary endothelial cells in the kidney and liver, it is the hormone that regulates red blood cell production. It also has other known biological functions. For example, erythropoietin plays an important role in the brain's response to neuronal injury.[1] EPO is also involved in the wound healing process.[2]

When exogenous EPO is used as a performance-enhancing drug, it is classified as an erythropoiesis-stimulating agent (ESA). Exogenous EPO can often be detected in blood, due to slight difference from the endogenous protein, for example in features of posttranslational modification.

Blood doping
    ESAs have a history of usage as a blood doping agent in endurance sports such as cycling, rowing, distance running, race walking, cross country skiing, biathlon, triathlons, and, most recently, billiards.[17]

Though EPO was believed to be widely used in the 1990s in certain sports, there was no way to directly test for it until in 2000 when a test developed by scientists at the French national anti-doping laboratory (LNDD) and endorsed by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) was introduced to detect pharmaceutical EPO by distinguishing it from the nearly-identical natural hormone normally present in an athlete’s urine.

In 2002, at the Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Don Catlin, MD, the founder and then-director of the UCLA Olympic Analytical Lab, reported darbepoetin alfa, a form of erythropoietin, for the first time in sports.[18]

In 2010, Floyd Landis admitted using performance-enhancing drugs, including EPO, throughout the majority of his career as a professional rider.[19]

Since 2002, EPO tests done by U.S. sports authorities have consisted of only a urine or “direct” test. From 2000–2006, EPO tests at the Olympics were conducted on both blood and urine.[20][21]

I read several websites, nothing about weight gain. But there is a screen for it and could test positive for it if it is checked for a fight.
    So it doesn't put weight on then and doesn't have the dangerouse side effects of normal steroids ie geno baldness etc If that's the case I might purchase some.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roid1234 View Post
    So it doesn't put weight on then and doesn't have the dangerouse side effects of normal steroids ie geno baldness etc If that's the case I might purchase some.
    What I am saying is you should continue to read and study before making your final decision....

Please research what you are about to put into your body. EPO does have some extremely dangerous side effects. To keep it simple, EPO increases your Red Blood Cell count and ogygenates your blood. This in turn increases the level of Hematocrit in your blood. When your Hematocrit levels become elevated so does the viscosity of your blood. If your blood becomes too thick and sludge-like it is as if you are trying to suck a very thick milkshake through a coffee straw. No blood flow = no life. You can stroke out and die. You must always keep your levels in check and even give blood at times if the levels get too high. Dosing EPO needs to be an exacting science and constant monitoring is required. If you value your health, please dont half ass your EPO regimen. Please safeguard your life and read, read, read. remember, cardio and resistance training are your friends far before this crap. typically this is used by professional atheletes who are willing to die for fame / fortune and their dreams and not for a person you just wants to improve their endurance. try sprinting up a mountain with a 50Lb weight vest :-). I wish you the best.

depfife is offline Associate Member
    I hear this from people all the time... People fear what they know very little about. I have used EPO for years VERY SAFELY!!! Why is it safe? because I know how to use it!! AND IT'S NO BIG TRICK!!! "willing to die for fame/fortune and their dreams"? I DON'T THINK SO!!! also read it from an expert.. http://www.rajeun.net/bicycle.html
    Quote Originally Posted by armwrestler22 View Post
    Please research what you are about to put into your body. EPO does have some extremely dangerous side effects. To keep it simple, EPO increases your Red Blood Cell count and ogygenates your blood. This in turn increases the level of Hematocrit in your blood. When your Hematocrit levels become elevated so does the viscosity of your blood. If your blood becomes too thick and sludge-like it is as if you are trying to suck a very thick milkshake through a coffee straw. No blood flow = no life. You can stroke out and die. You must always keep your levels in check and even give blood at times if the levels get too high. Dosing EPO needs to be an exacting science and constant monitoring is required. If you value your health, please dont half ass your EPO regimen. Please safeguard your life and read, read, read. remember, cardio and resistance training are your friends far before this crap. typically this is used by professional atheletes who are willing to die for fame / fortune and their dreams and not for a person you just wants to improve their endurance. try sprinting up a mountain with a 50Lb weight vest :-). I wish you the best.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    It is used to increase your endurance. Cyclist use it so they can keep riding. I know of one body builder who uses it so he can get more intense work outs because he will not slow down. I have read some dangerous things about it and some good things about it. It is really up to you to decide what you want to do.

Thread Information