FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member

Just a little H20 educational thread I found

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:35 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Importance Of Water

Water is a fundamental part of our lives. It is easy to forget how completely we depend on it. Human survival is dependent on water - water has been ranked by experts as second only to oxygen as essential for life. The water you drink literally becomes you! Since such a large percentage of our bodies is water, water must obviously figure heavily in how our bodies function. We need lots of fresh water to stay healthy. Aside from aiding in digestion and absorption of food, water regulates body temperature, carries nutrients and oxygen to cells, and removes toxins and other wastes. This "body water" also cushions joints and protects tissues and organs, including the spinal cord, from shock and damage. Conversely, lack of water (Dehydration) can be the cause of many ailments.

Water and Weightloss

Among it's other benefits, water plays a major part in weight loss. Since water contains no calories, it can serve as an appetite suppressant, and helps the body metabolize stored fat, it may possibly be one of the most significant factors in losing weight.

Drinking more water helps to reduce water retention by stimulating your kidneys. Studies have recommended that if you are overweight according to average height and weight comparison charts, you should add one glass of water to your daily requirement (of eight glasses) for every 25 pounds over your recommended weight.

Dehydration leads to excess body fat, poor muscle tone & size, decreased digestive efficiency & organ function, increased toxicity, joint & muscle soreness, & water retention. Water works to keep muscles and skin toned.

Digestive Systems

The digestion of solid foods depends on the presence of copious amounts of water. Constipation is a frequent symptom of dehydration. Increased water, along with increased fiber, will usually totally eliminate a problem. Pain from ulcers and heartburn all decrease with increased water intake. Water eliminates toxins and water from the body.

Water Loss

Adults lose nearly 6 pints (12 cups) of water every day. We lose 1/2 cup to 1 cup a day from the soles of our feet. Another 2 to 4 cups is lost from breathing. Perspiration accounts for another 2 cups. Another 3 pints (6 cups) are lost in urine.

Water Retention

If you're not drinking sufficient water, your body starts retaining water to compensate for this shortage. To eliminate fluid retention, drink more water, not less. If you don't drink enough water to maintain your body's fluid balance, you can impair every aspect of your body's physiological function.

Joints

Water lubricates our joints. The cartilage tissues found at the ends of long bones and between the vertebrae of the spine hold a lot of water, which serves as a lubricant during the movement of the joint. Joint pain frequently decreases with increased water intake and flexing exercises to bring more circulation to the joints.

Back

75% of the upper body weight is supported by the water volume that is stored in the spinal disc core. 25% is supported by the fibrous materials around the disc. Back pain is frequently alleviated with hydration.

How much water should you drink?

A non active person needs a half ounce of water per pound of body weight per day. That is ten 8 ounce glasses a day if your weight is 160 pounds. For every 25 pounds you exceed you ideal weight, increase it by one 8 ounce glass. An active, athletic person needs 2/3 ounce per pound which is 13-14 8 ounce glasses a day if you're 160 pounds. The more you exercise the more water you need. Spread out your water intake throughout the day. Do not drink more than 4 glasses within any given hour. After a few weeks your bladder calms down and you will urinate less frequently, but in larger amounts.
    We know how to do things right. Just say FKITLETSDOIT and let go of the worries. Our cars are Dupont Registry. Our meals are chef's adouir. Our possesions are Rob Report and Our women are Victoria's Secret..So just say FKITLETSGO and join in the fun!!

Well I thought someone might have appreciated my water thread..atleast please give me a sarcastic thumbs up so that ill have the illusion of doing something good for humanity and for the well being of bodybuilders abroad

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin

Andy is offline Associate Member
    Cool post bro. I always enjoy info threads --

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Very good post! Bump for more reads!!!

I'm sure that most people on this board already know how important water is, but it's a damn good reminder, and something good for the newbies to read!!!

br808 is offline New Member
    BUMP!

Thank you guys I feel appreciated now.....lol...

barbell2 is offline New Member
    very informative, much appreciated!

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    With all the importance of water, being the number one nutrient that must be consumed... It is the number one nutrient most do not consume enough of... All the threads about I'm bloating and can grow or loosing muscle mass probably are lacking in water consumption besides their diet... There can never be enough information threads... so... good looking out bro... I just think some people are lazy and would rather ask a shit load of questions in stead of searching for the answers here... I love real life data, personal guinea pig learning lessons and info threads. gotta love my guinea pig brothers...

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Water seems to be very helpful in body functions, it sounds like i need to drink a lot more water each day.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Water is one of the best supps. IMO. Plus it is cheap.

Pain

Thread Information