DopeBoy Fresh is offline New Member

Newbie needs advice....

Hi guys. I'm looking to start my first cycle but not sure what to take on top of test. I'm 5'9, 164lbs with about 10-12% body fat. I'm not looking to get super huge, I'd like to put on about 15-20lbs of lean mass and just maintain that weight. I work out and exercise regularly. The main reason I want to cycle is because I play amateur baseball and I'm ready to take my game to the next level and gaining weight/muscle naturally is hard for me. I'm not looking to get too heavy and big because I play short stop and speed and mobility is a huge part of my game. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Also, are there and suggestions on how to maintain the weight and muscle once I'm off the cycle? I'd really like to do one or two cycles and then stay off the juice. Post cycle suggestions?
    Last edited by DopeBoy Fresh; 08-23-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Normally, a first cycle is a long ester like Test E, 500mg/wk, 12 weeks PCT with Nolvadex and Clomid.

Sector is offline Associate Member
    Age? Lifting experience?

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    First question is how old are you?

@ 5'9 and 164lbs you have not done enough natural growth. I would advise staying away from anabolics right now. If your current diet and training are not adequate to put on more muscle naturally, then you wont keep any gains you may get from using gear.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Normally, a first cycle is a long ester like Test E, 500mg/wk, 12 weeks PCT with Nolvadex and Clomid.
    bro at least wait for his stats before you parrot the info he could have gained in 5 mins reading the begginer cycle sticky...i now your new and want to help but maybee just hang and read and see how things are done here before giving any advise.....

27 years old. I've been lifting since high school. I've done creatine, protein for a while. It got me from 150 to 164 where I am now but it just seems like I hit a wall and can't go much further. I just upped my calorie intake to about 4-5k a day but no changes yet. I make sure I eat my weight in grams of protein. I also live an active lifestyle and have a high metabolism. I lost 6 lbs last week playing a double header while keeping myself plenty hydrated and eating lunch between games.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I doubt you're eating 5K cals a day.

Mind listing your diet?

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    I doubt you're eating 5K cals a day.

Mind listing your diet?
    I eat whatever I get my hands on. PBJ, chicken, pasta, eggs, milk, steak, rice, beans...... About 3000 are actual food and about 2000 is weight gainer. I've only been doing that about a week and a half but I had no gains whatsoever, I actually lost 2 lbs. I know it would show gains after several months but to be honest I'm trying to get to 175 lbs by mid october.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeBoy Fresh View Post
    I eat whatever I get my hands on. PBJ, chicken, pasta, eggs, milk, steak, rice, beans...... About 3000 are actual food and about 2000 is weight gainer. I've only been doing that about a week and a half but I had no gains whatsoever, I actually lost 2 lbs. I know it would show gains after several months but to be honest I'm trying to get to 175 lbs by mid october.
    If you want to make serious progress you should really be weighing your food, and calculating your diet.

Guessing is doomed to failure.

themoreyouknow is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    @ 5'9 and 164lbs you have not done enough natural growth. I would advise staying away from anabolics right now. If your current diet and training are not adequate to put on more muscle naturally, then you wont keep any gains you may get from using gear.
    x2..

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    If you want to make serious progress you should really be weighing your food, and calculating your diet.

Guessing is doomed to failure.
    I do. Everything I eat is entered into my iphone app that keeps track of all my calories, protein, carbs, etc.... It's an awesome app. I know exactly my totals for each day minus maybe a couple sodas I might not enter.

I'm going to keep eating and try to do it naturally for a while before I start any kind of a cycle. I'd like to have it by mid oct but it's not mandatory. If I don't see any gains in a month or two I'm gonna juice up. In the meantime, I'm just trying to do my research and get all the advice I can get from people with knowledge and experience. Suppose I can't do it naturally, what are your suggestions for a good stack to achieve my 15-20 lb goal and have it easily maintained once I'm off it?

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    In a month or two? Fresh you will need to devote more time than just 4-8 weeks for anything worth doing..

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches o.O View Post
    In a month or two? Fresh you will need to devote more time than just 4-8 weeks for anything worth doing..
    I should see some gains! I realize I won't gain 10lbs in a month or so but I should see 2-5 seing how I doubled my calorie intake. It's very discouaraging to get on a scale only to see that I've lost 2lbs. In a month or so if I've gained 3-4 lbs I'll stick with it naturally but if I can't gain a couple pounds in a month even after I doubled my food intake then I have issues.

I appreciate all the advice guys and I know your looking out for what's best for me but I am really wanting some advice on what to use if I decide to go the anabolic route. I would much rather do it naturally but incase I can't I'll go with the juice. The juice is my last option, trust me.
    Last edited by DopeBoy Fresh; 08-23-2010 at 06:49 PM.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeBoy Fresh View Post
    we are not trying to slam you or be overly negative, we are poiting out where there areas are that will cause you problems in not gaining lean weight. Most novice anabolic users dont understand that gear will not make you grow if you dont eat to grow. You have not hit your natural potential and there ar emany factors that are keeping you from growing. As I stated before, whatever gains you will see on gear, will leave cause you are not currently eating to get any more muscle @ 165lbs, why do you think your diet can sustain, say, 180lbs? Its all going to dissapate when you come off.

See where I highlighted... weight gainers are BS, ever wonder why you need so many scoops of the crap? Its all carbs (essentially simple sugars)... great for energy (in a way) but there are no building blocks for muscle tissue in carbs. Throw that shit away and eat properly.

Head over to the diet section and post accurately your current diet, those boys in there will set you on the right path real quick

-KP

No, I completely understand u guys mean well. Like I said I'm gonna try to reach my goal naturally before I consider any gear. I'm just doing my research now before the time actually comes when I may need the juice. I'm sure once I reach my goal I won't be satisfied, usually how it goes. It's like getting one tattoo. Basically I'm asking what steroid would be best for lean mass on an athlete that still requires speed,agility and endurance. I understand size comes with strength but I will sacrafice size for strength if possible. I really don't want to get above 185 lbs. I rely on my speed and quickness.

There are good weight gainers. They just cost more.

Thread Information