The Wolfman is offline Senior Member

Final verdict? Nolvadex "safe" using with nor19?

Well so is it safe, and won't cause gyno, rather then prevent it?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Safe....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Safe....
    x2....Read Swifto's posts in this thread.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=438133

The Wolfman is offline Senior Member
    Great, thanks

dieseljimmy is offline Associate Member
    Doesn't california classify nolva as a carsinogen?

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseljimmy View Post
    Doesn't california classify nolva as a carsinogen?
    Yes, they've found this to be the case in breast cancer patiens who have been administered the drug for months and YEARS.

As a bodybuilder who uses it for a few weeks at a time (primarily for PCT), you have nothing to worry about.

And i'd like to know where these rumors came from about Nolvadex upregulating the progesterone/prolactin receptors on breast tissue. I bought into that for years until I read the recent research that proves the contrary.

livingwithdoms is offline Associate Member
    yea nolva is all good

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    And i'd like to know where these rumors came from about Nolvadex upregulating the progesterone/prolactin receptors on breast tissue. I bought into that for years until I read the recent research that proves the contrary.
    Just one such study that someone posted at one time that I still had on my computer:

J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2005 May;95(1-5):83-9.

Aromatase inhibitors: cellular and molecular effects.

Miller WR, Anderson TJ, White S, Larionov A, Murray J, Evans D, Krause A, Dixon JM.

Breast Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. [email protected]

Marked cellular and molecular changes may occur in breast cancers following treatment of postmenopausal breast cancer patients with aromatase inhibitors. Neoadjuvant protocols, in which treatment is given with the primary tumour still within the breast, are particularly illuminating. In Edinburgh, we have shown that 3 months treatment with either anastrozole, exemestane or letrozole produces pathological responses in the majority of oestrogen receptor (ER)-rich tumours (39/59) as manifested by reduced cellularity/increased fibrosis. Changes in histological grading may also take place, most notably a reduction in mitotic figures. This probably reflects an influence on proliferation as most tumours (82%) show a marked decrease in the proliferation marker, Ki67. These effects are generally more dramatic than seen with tamoxifen given in the same setting. Differences between aromatase inhibitors and tamoxifen are also apparent in changes in steroid hormone expression. Thus, immuno-staining for progesterone receptor (PgR) is reduced in almost all cases by aromatase inhibitors, becoming undetectable in many. This contrasts with effects of tamoxifen in which the most common change on PgR is to increase expression. Changes in proliferation occur rapidly following the onset of exposure to aromatase inhibitors. Thus, neoadjuvant studies with letrozole in which tumour was sampled before and after 14 days and 3 months treatment show that decreased expression of Ki67 occur at 14 days and, in many cases, the effect is greater at 14 days than 3 months. These early changes precede evidence of clinical response but do not predict for it. However, this study design has allowed RNA analysis of sequential biopsies taken during the neoadjuvant therapy. Based on clustering techniques, it has been possible to subdivide tumours into groups showing distinct patterns of molecular changes. These changes in tumour gene expression may allow definition of tumour cohorts with differing sensitivity to aromatase inhibitors and permit early recognition of response and resistance.

As you can see, it's obviously pertaining to breast cancer patients. I'm sure there are more studies than just this one that would point people in the direction of believing nolva was able to aggravate gyno in this way.

Thread Information