View Poll Results: What's better for you when your on a cycle?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard liquor

25 31.65%
  • Wine

21 26.58%
  • Beer

33 41.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kjourdan is offline New Member

Drinking on a cycle

okay, right now it's very hard not to drink when your in a fraternity. But i keep my beverages down, but I'm on a cycle and I was wondering, is drinking really that bad. If I did drink lots and lots of beer what would happen, I'm not taking orals. I quit smoking weed, I just want to have a good time and look good you know. Please give me feed on this and let me know what would be better for drinking purposes. Hard liqour, wine or Beer.????????????

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    i booze alot of beer when i go out. i try and keep it under 15 if i can. i dont gain fat from it as far as i can see. the only thing that hurts is that sometimes im not able to eat when im out drinking. but its hard to find food at parties sober or drunk so i guess thats not really the result of alcohol.

PHATCAT is offline Associate Member
    Ive been drinking alot of wine 4 large glasses a night but Im just starting a cycle now going to try to cut back to ease up on the stress on the liver. Just being honest its hard not to kick a few back but I know its the wrong thing to do Espesially on JUICE! Remember they say the first couple of hours of sleep is when your body releases growth hormone and IGF-1 levels are peaking to recoupe the body from the daily stress of Exercising and being worn down , Im sure drinking must slow this down, then not to mention the fact when your out drinking your usally getting home late and you loosing a lot of sleep the next key ingreedient (spell) to growth.... Thats what I read in my research though out the years and I try to remember to tell myself this when Im on the SHIT!!!!!!! not to mention I dont want to waist my money Invested!!!!
    Last edited by PHATCAT; 02-16-2003 at 08:10 PM.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Somking some mary jane would be a better idea than drinking alcohol - more so if you are taking 17-alkylated orals.

As far as liquor type... it doesn't matter - it's all acohol to your body.

Cynical is offline Associate Member
    yea i would say beer would probably be better for you then hard liq, unless your fat. the reason for this is that thers a hell of a lot more water in beer then there is in hard liq and since alch is a diruetic drinking hard alch by itself will dehydrate you more then if u were to drink brew

ssoj is offline New Member
    Somking some mary jane would be a better idea than drinking alcohol - more so if you are taking 17-alkylated orals.

As far as liquor type... it doesn't matter - it's all acohol to your body.

Bad idea to drink brother! It's extremly harsh on your liver but also the Discovery channel had a research on drinking: (anyone gives me crap for watching Discovery chan I am gonna come up thr and rip your head off Oh ya back to my story: it had mentioned heavy drinking lowers test levels. Basicly stated the same side-effects as gyno and added fat around the stomach area can occur. Mixing juice and alchool your asking to be the next one on the list to recieve liver transplant. Liquor is by far going to be the wrost. If anything I wld say a glass wine at the most. Lecture over class dismissed.

ssoj

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    discovery and history channel rock bro...however i retain more seemingly useless knowledge from watching jeopardy every day than those two channels...

on to the subject though, it may be hard for some people not to have a 'social responsibility' to drink some brews (ie. frat), but for most drinking can be avoided. i don't see why anyone would do anything that could limit/ruin hard training especially while on a cycle, but then again i am a very disciplined person. to me drinking just seems like another roadblock not only to training but to maturity as well. don't get me wrong, i love a cold one (or 15) when i am off cycle, but when i am on i won't even smell alcohol. it just conflicts with my goals when i consciously succumb to a destructive habit like that when the negatives far outweigh the positives.

I stay clear of all booze when on the juice. Some people don't but, they're completely unaware of the torture that they're placing on their liver. Booze sucks. Hangovers are even worse. GHB and weed are the best alternatives.

Cubber is offline Junior Member
    I use to drink a lot (and smoke), but have next to quite for the last couple of years since I started taking care of my body (quite smoking as well).
    I never drink through the week, and when I'm out on a weekend I'll have maybe 4 max, if that.

thegame01 is offline Member
    why drink and beat the shit out of your liver . I stay away from it for the 12 weeks that i am on .

Btw booze is booze
    GZ

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    where are your priorites?????

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by thegame01
    why drink and beat the shit out of your liver . I stay away from it for the 12 weeks that i am on .

Btw booze is booze
    GZ
    Exactly what I said yesterday.........why drink while your on a cycle and training hard ? IMO it would hinder gains and your performance in the gym. Where is the choice to "NOT" drink up on this poll.

But guys, I read up on and heard a lot of when you smoke you receive high estrogen levels and lowers test..... I dont know who to believe.

Oh yeah by the way, I only been drinking like 4 beers both friday and saturday, I'm a light weight but heavy weight for training.lol.

ssoj is offline New Member
    Bro,

My coach tells me the same thing somking and dip lowers your test and decreases your muscle gain by 5%. It might be true or might not be but the main point is "IF YOU DRINK WHILE YOUR JUICING IT KILLS YOUR F***ING LIVER" Sorry if this seems harsh. Put it this way if your serious about jucing, drinking is not condusive to reaching your goals while your on. So why drink? Trust me I understand, I play football for a University so drinking is second nature. My frat was the reason why are school is listed as the largest party school in the US. Beer was for breakfest, lunch, dinner period I knew nothing else. I just got serious about my body bro and my future. Trust me the first two weeks suck but after that it's a breeze. And if you don't think what we are saying is true then do some research most of us have spent half our waking hours researching things to the point were we go to our doctors and start teaching them about juice. PS ( I think after writing this I am going to go change a few things in my user profile)
    ssoj

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    Right on! Booz is real bad on the liver. We call it hepatotocicity. You actually kill liver cells or kill them faster when you drink than what the juice does. Lets not not fool anyone juice kills the liver, Booz kills the the liver. Juice + Booz kills liver more. Once a liver cell cell dies say bye bye! You don't make anymore. Lets hope we all have enough good cells to make it to our Golden Years.

pecable is offline New Member
    Originally posted by rxarms
    Right on! Booz is real bad on the liver. We call it hepatotocicity. You actually kill liver cells or kill them faster when you drink than what the juice does. Lets not not fool anyone juice kills the liver, Booz kills the the liver. Juice + Booz kills liver more. Once a liver cell cell dies say bye bye! You don't make anymore. Lets hope we all have enough good cells to make it to our Golden Years.

Sorry bro but i always thourght that the liver is the only organ in the body that will rejuvenate its self......

what about milk thissal, doesn't that clean the liver. I read up on that and it filters and helps your liver out a lot after or during the cycle. But during the cycle they said it slows down your peak of your cycles.

Cock Diesel155 is offline Associate Member
    When I drink I feel bad about myself cycle or no cycle. It feels like I threw my hard workouts and dedication out the window. . I've also heard that alcohol can kill muscle. Anyone else ever heard of this?

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    I have not heard about alcohol killing liver cells, but will look into it. Ok as far as . . .
    Sorry bro but i always thourght that the liver is the only organ in the body that will rejuvenate its self......
    Liver cells will rebound back to normal if they are not dead. For example hepatic peliosis is a serious condition all steroid users are at risk for. You actually get these blood filled cysts on the liver. It doesn't happen to everyone, but it can happen even at very low doses. And low doses for AR! Yeah Right. Anways if you stop using it they go away, like it was never there. So all you guys out there. The drug Holidays are very important. That is what people mean by rejuvenate. But if the cell actually dies, it is dead no coming back. Milk thistle is good from an herbal view. German monographs on herbs provide lots of good information on herbs you will not find in the US. They actually do real clinical studies on herbs, US never does.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Come on guys, be smart like me! Quit drinking all together! Does you no good, and you gain nothing from it

cadillacpimpin is offline New Member
    I took Anadrol and my source never told me anything about stopping drinking while on it. After a while I would wake up in the morning and I would have a pain in my stomach area. I don't know if this was due to the mixture of the two or just from the anadrol.

I haven't taken anything since I have found this forum and talked to people that have said guys at my age(19) shouldn't juice.

Just thought I would add my two cents........DON'T DRINK and JUICE!!

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Well, I feel ya about being in a fraternity and not drinking. I'd be surprised if someone could manage that for 12 weeks. I'm going to have to manage at least 8 weeks next quarter. It's just sacrifices we have to make.

calpersuasion21 is offline New Member
    I feel your pain. I drink on my cycle but I limit it to like 1-2 nights a week and i dont drink more than like 8 beers. You just have to stick it out.

GetYoSwollOn is offline New Member
    Fuck that shit I was....see that WAS...in a frat and I didnt drink when I was on my cycles. Just tell them you are tryin to look out for yourself and they will be cool with it....at least all my brothers were.... I would just drink 1 or 2 beers when I went out. I had so much test in me I didnt have any problems with confidence..... while they were being stupid I was talkin to the good looking girls who were waiting for the drunk guys to go up and talk to them.... try it....it really works

OT8268 is offline Associate Member
    I'm in a frat, and I am just finishing my cycle, and I can honestly say I have only drank twice in the lat 10 weeks, and even those two times I am angry at myself for, its all about dedication, if you cant handle the dedication to not drink while on a cycle maybe you should be taking steroids , but thats just my opinion

Alcohol is a worse drug than roids in my opinion also

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    I only drink when i am not on dbol , and not too much because, too much consumotion will lead to less muscle gain.

pcity is offline Junior Member
    none of the above!! Sober is the best way to go.I would tough it out.

redrumkev is offline Associate Member
    stay away - u will be a cheap date when you get off cycle - tolerences will be done - so less beer will get u buzzed - but most of all - priorities.

I drank during 1st week of cycle - best friends younger brother turned 21 - limo and girls and all that. One hard night of drinking - didn't go to the gym saturday or sunday - felt like shit. It is hard on your body - now today I finally feel some what hydrated. Not worth it - that was it - the wings are going to have to win the cup this year with me sober - great - now maybe I will remember the games and not the empty wallet!

mikes20 is offline Junior Member
    all you fraternity guys calling your fraternities frats... would you call your country a cunt????

OT8268 is offline Associate Member
    hahah I hope thats a joke, i'm in a frat or if you like a fraternity and the only guys who use that line are inbred elephant walkers, we're not about that

Pumped109 is offline Associate Member
    Stay away from alcohol while on cycle, but ya know if you need just keep it under a fifth or so.

mikes20 is offline Junior Member
    yes that is a joke, i'm in a fraternity too and we just say that for another reason to fuck w/ pledges

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by mikes20
    all you fraternity guys calling your fraternities frats... would you call your country a cunt????
    HAHA. thats one of the first things my fraternity burned into my brain.

the next big thing is offline Junior Member
    i dont drink alcahol period people who go out and get pissed every weekend are doing more damage to there system than most of the guys on gear another thing most of the medicens you get from the doctor are more toxic than steroids .
    its not over till its over.

NEO-OEN is offline Associate Member
    Yeah best to stay away from the booze. Im with warrior, you're better off with alittle chronic. Just stay away from the junk food section after you twist one up.

Upper Canada is offline Junior Member
    couple of coors lights wont hurt bro..but leave it at that. Keep it casual.

AZScorpion is offline New Member
    Ok - here's my $0.02 from a basic medical background.

Bodybuilding is a game of percentages. Extra reps, extra sets, extra weight... eating a little better, sleeping a little more and planning a well rounded routine. All add up to give you an advantage.

Gear is just another advantage, but when you consume alcohol it taxes your system. It decreases your body's ability to carry oxygen in the blood, it dialates capillaries and causes blood to rush to the skin as opposed to growing muscles and worse, it's by-products build toxin levels and contribute to dehydration. Not a good receipe for recovery.

Now drinking a glass of wine or having a beer or 2 at the game here and there probably won't change anything. Getting intoxicated on a semi regular basis might.

A greater and more obvious danger would be using orals that are hard on the liver such as Winny Tabs while drinking regularly. This can't be good for your liver or your recovery.

Since we're playing a game of percentages you have to ask yourself "where do I stand fitness-wise and what am I trying to achieve?"

Your average user looking for his abs and trying to put on some size probably won't notice the difference, whereas some of the really cut big boys will. Why? Because they're already well ahead of the curve and subtle changes manifest themselves in a more noticable way plus they're more tuned into their body!

Just my $0.02.....

byu
    byu is offline Junior Member
    Don't drink...had 1 drink in 6 weeks. Actually kinda like going to LA clubs sober? (Fucked up huh?)

echobeach is offline Junior Member

Cool

I enjoy on average about 2-3 beers most nights - at the moment it's a very nice homebrewed lager, probably around 5.5%.

I don't reckon getting smashed would be a good idea tho'.

Just need to be moderate, thats all.

For me; Lifting is life, and so too is Beer...but only Gooood Beer!

Having a couple of beers after work is a culture thing that we always have done and will always continue to do, and I don't see a little extra test in my system as any reason to stop being cultural!!

If you are dedicated enought to AAS you should be able not to drink during your cycle. If I had to choose the best out the choices I would say a white whine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information