YZFR6 is offline Associate Member

Told my girlfriend about use... she has questions about sterility

Well, I told my girlfriend about my use the other day. She took it quite well but said she doesnt like it. We've been discussing it for a few days and she is worried about me becoming sterile from taking steriods . Now I know this isnt really an issue unless you are on for long periods of time. But she would like to see some actual medical evidence on this. I've been searching for sterioids as birth control and I've found a decent amount of info on the board but I have not found any specific articles or medical studies posted. Does anyone have any bookmarked or an Idea of where to look for this info?

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I don't have anything bookmarked to give you, but I will tell you that I have been having unprotected sex with my girl for the last 2+ years and in that time she has not gotten pregnant...

I probably have only done about 4 cycles in that time so it's not like I'm always on gear...

I haven't got a fertility test yet, but I already have a feeling what the results will be...

I have used Deca in every cycle for the last few years and Fina in a few or them and both are known to shut you down hard... I'm no expert at this one, but I would have to say if you do to many cycles you could become sterile, even if it is only temporary...
    Last edited by Jack87; 02-17-2003 at 08:58 AM.

Thanks, buff... I understand that if you do become sterile it is only temporary and I'm fine with that. Hell I dont want to have kids right now anyway. She is just worried about the possibiliry of not being able to have kids later in life because of my use. I've only done one cycle and I recovered my sex drive within a week of clomid, so it appears to me that I can recover quickly. I am not worried about it at all but she wants some type of medical proof that I wont become sterile later in life.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Yeah my girl has the same concerns... I'm sure there has to be a medical study on steroid use and sterility, but I've never bothered to look one up...

I know there was one study showing that testosterone use was as good as the pill for birth control, but I wouldn't trust that study either if you don't want to have kids yet...

Well I figured that if I could prove to her that steriods are not a reliable form of contraception then they really wouldnt effect the possibility of us having kids later (especally if I only do 1 or 2 cycles a year). And I know there have been studies on steriods as a contaceptive, its just a matter of finding them. Or even knowing where to look.

bump!

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    The HPTA (hypothalmic pituatary testicular axis) will be restored to normal functioning after clomid, or a few weeks after clomid. Of course, it all depends on the cycle length etc.

Check this out from t-mag.com

--------------------

Can T levels be restored in former anabolic steroid users?

The Study: Two hypogonadal former anabolic steroid users were studied. Normal levels of LH are >3.6 IU/L and Testosterone are 300—1000 ng/dl. Former anabolic steroid users often have suppressed levels of both.

The Results: Subject #1 is a 6', 206lb former user of 500—2000+ grams per week of anabolics. His baseline numbers were: LH<1IU/L, Test=191ng/dl. This suject underwent a 32 day treatment of 2500 IU of HCG every 4 days, 50 mg of clomid 2 times per day, and 10 mg nolvadex per day. 15 days after treatment his numbers were: LH=5.2IU/L, Test=1072 ng/dl.

Subject #2 is a 5'10", 184lb male who used 400 mg per week of nandrolone . His baseline numbers were: LH<1IU/L, Test=45ng/dl. This subject's 32 day treatment consisted of 2500 IU of HCG every 4 days, 50 mg of clomid 2 times per day, and 10 mg nolvadex per day. There was no change. He underwent another treatment consisting of 60 days of 5000 IU of HCG every 4 days for 4 injections, then 2500 IU every 4 days for 4 injections, 50 mg of clomid 2 times per day, and 10 mg nolvadex per day. Still, no change. For the next 32 days, this subject received 5000 IU of HCG every other day for 6 injections, then 2500 IU every other day for 6 injections given with 150 IU of menotropins, 50 mg of clomid 2 times per day, and 10 mg nolvadex 2 times per day. 15 days after treatment his numbers were: LH=9.8IU/L, Test=507 ng/dl.(20)

Comments: The authors of this paper have presented some very interesting data that the medical community needs to learn from. When dealing with former androgen users, there may be better ways to increase Testosterone than the standard patch treatment (which will only prolong the problem of decreased T production.) Hypogonadal former androgen users need a treatment, not a band-aid. If you need to jump start your Testosterone after an androgen cycle, this combination of HCG, Clomid, and Nolvadex may be just what the doctor ordered. Now, trying to get him to order it is another story!
    ---------------------------

-Sigmund Froid

Shredder is offline Associate Member
    bumpin this. also a concern

Nibbe is offline Junior Member
    my friend has been on steroids for pretty much 9 years straight and he managed to get two chicks pregnant

PunkRawk is offline Member
    it depends on the user....i'm sure there are the few who will go completley sterile...

PRIDE03 is offline New Member
    bump

Thread Information