Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: binge drinking

lexmark is offline Banned

Arrow binge drinking

ok so im not on steroids at the moment althoguth someday im sure i will be, im training natural and doing 3 days per week split muscle group. during the week eating training spot on, but i really enjoy going out on a saterday having a few too many drinks and going clubbing, im still young so feel i shouldnt be holding back but just wondering will going out once a week drinking be that bad for gains? the bit i feel worst on is on the sunday i eat sweet f/a but back to noraml on the monday. would you lot say drinking once a week will hold me back alot in terms of training and gaining??
    cheers

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    If it is to the point where you have to ask.. I'm guessing it is..

lexmark is offline Banned
    i havent noticed any difference tbh, but im just asking because there are alot more people on this forum that will know alot more than me about drinking and training.

dieseljimmy is offline Associate Member
    Heavy drinking messes up your training schedule. But it gets worse as you age. Even at 30 drinking more then a couple cocktails is not worth it.(For me) Enjoy your youth- live it up. Be careful with heavy drinking and oral aas(hard on liver) or hgh/slin use(blood sugar levels).

themoreyouknow is offline Associate Member
    alcohol raises shbg and decreases test levels...when you're cycle you have a little more protection from that. But not being on cycle, idk if its worth it...

lil_herc81 is offline Member
    training is to be healthy, if you are boozing you are merely taking steps in the opposite direction. Sure in moderation its not going to be crazy bad but none the less it opposes your work. Think of when you go to the gym if you are hungover your are weak, dehydrates and not focused..= waste of your time. Now when you step the game up and start using gear. I do not recommend drinking at all while in your cycle especially if you take any orals!!

Stay Solid is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_herc81 View Post
    training is to be healthy, if you are boozing you are merely taking steps in the opposite direction. Sure in moderation its not going to be crazy bad but none the less it opposes your work. Think of when you go to the gym if you are hungover your are weak, dehydrates and not focused..= waste of your time. Now when you step the game up and start using gear. I do not recommend drinking at all while in your cycle especially if you take any orals!!
    I Agree With This 100%. You Should Probably wait till The Clubbin/Partyin Is Out of your system and u can focus 100% on training.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    In addition to everything mentioned above, when you consume alcohol, your body processes the alcohol before it continues with anything else, like building muscle. So say you hit the gym during the day or even the day before and then go out drinking. You are still recovering from your workout, your muscles are still rebuilding themselves, if you drink your body will stop worrying about rebuilding the muscles and direct the energy towards quickly processing and filtering out the poison that you've put into your body...thus making you miss the window for muscle growth.

In other words, your hard work at the gym was worthless.

It definitely has an effect. You can get away with more while you are young, but it will catch up with you, and bad habits are hard to break. When you drink enough to get hungover it's even worse. At that point you are dehydrated, vitamin depleted, and your hormones are out of whack as well. You may feel better the day after that, but it really takes your body two to three days to fully rehydrate, etc.

Truthfully, drinking to excess and the BBing/weight training lifestyle just don't really mix. Everyone goes off the wagon once in a while, but every weekend is going to reduce your gains and stifle your progress eventually. I find it best to simply avoid drinking altogether while training hard. A beer or two a week isn't going to hurt you, but if you find it hard to have just a beer or two its best to just avoid it.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    I've also read that aclcohol increases conversion of test to estrogen, increasing your estrogen levels. I drank once on my cycle and the next day i could physically see a difference in bloat and my nipples seemed puffy for a couple days after

shennen is offline Associate Member
    Can anyone provide links please to studys on the use of alcohol while using aas? I use alcohol for my insomnia cause I don't wanna explain myself to a dr for meds and all that bullshit. Usually not more than three hard drinks or four beers a night. Certainly hasn't seemed to slow my progress, but this could be cause I'm young and was justing way too much aas for my second cycle.

I've found that for sleep one good hard drink (2 shots whiskey in 8 ounces of diet caffeine free cola) will knock you out in about 30-45 minutes. Drinking more seems to have no further benefit, but you are more likely to wake back up a couple of hours later.

uberreem is offline New Member
    i thought drinking slowed down protein synthesis! i could be wrong tho

I remember when I took 2 months off from drinking (usually hit it hard fri+sat) I noticed a big difference.

timjitsu is offline Junior Member
    if heavy drinking is bad when you not on a cycle id imagine its still bad when you are on a cycle if not worse. i mean, im no expert... these smilies are so funny

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I train hard week days.

Fridays after work I drink with the wife and friends, more then just a couple drinks.... I like to drink and have fun.
    I think a lot of these guys take the health thing way to far, no drink, only clean foods, no whatever.....no thanks.

Maybe if you are planning to get on stage or something....

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Personally I believe that it simply comes down to what your goal in regards to fitnesss is.You can train hard to look good and still enjoy a regular "lifestyle" without giving up some of the taboo foods and drinks,however you will never achieve that 8%-10% lean body mass if your diet and training arent right.Drinking heavy on the weekends will of course not fall into this catagory.As for drinking while on AAS that is a whole other issue.If you are going to invest the money and the time to take AAS I would think one would want to maximize the time with proper diet,sleep training so as to get the full benifet.Not to mention if you are taking a 17aa steroid you are taking a huge risk with liver toxicity, forget all the worries of negative gains this could REALLY fuk you up physically.

kgw302 is offline New Member
    There are only 7 days in a week. If you fill your body with garbage 2 of those 7 days and then take 2 - 3 days to fully recover .......

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/tru...nd-muscle.html

read that link. Alcohol isn't that bad for gains. On steroids , it is the same deal, except for orals. Orals are bad for your liver, so you want to avoid booze with those. Injectables won't matter.

The people who say drinking kills your gains are just parroting info from a group of anti-social individuals with major insecurities

Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    In addition to everything mentioned above, when you consume alcohol, your body processes the alcohol before it continues with anything else, like building muscle. So say you hit the gym during the day or even the day before and then go out drinking. You are still recovering from your workout, your muscles are still rebuilding themselves, if you drink your body will stop worrying about rebuilding the muscles and direct the energy towards quickly processing and filtering out the poison that you've put into your body...thus making you miss the window for muscle growth.

In other words, your hard work at the gym was worthless.
    this is the biggest crock of bull$hit I have ever read. Suggesting a deca only cycle probably isn't even as stupid
    Last edited by AlphaMaleDawg; 09-10-2010 at 08:50 PM.

scotimus is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    I train hard week days.

Fridays after work I drink with the wife and friends, more then just a couple drinks.... I like to drink and have fun.
    I think a lot of these guys take the health thing way to far, no drink, only clean foods, no whatever.....no thanks.

Maybe if you are planning to get on stage or something....
    x2

well said. no point looking good and staying home all the time.

wormwood is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotimus View Post
    x2

Amen

zoltans4 is offline Junior Member
    agree with these bottom comments. Dude you work so hard, you can't go out one night? f that! Unless you are in season for sport or have a comp coming up who cares!

Quote Originally Posted by scotimus View Post
    x2

this. So you want to achieve the perfect body but do nothing with it other than to feel good about yourself?

Fukc that I want to flaunt how sexy I am and get bitches vaginas wet, while all the out of shape guys get jealous and have their insecurities flare up. Going out and binge drinking makes this much easier, and it's also a hell of a lot of fun. I have never had fun going out sober before. I tried it many times, and I would have rather of have stayed home

junkiescumbag is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    this. So you want to achieve the perfect body but do nothing with it other than to feel good about yourself?

Fukc that I want to flaunt how sexy I am and get bitches vaginas wet, while all the out of shape guys get jealous and have their insecurities flare up. Going out and binge drinking makes this much easier, and it's also a hell of a lot of fun. I have never had fun going out sober before. I tried it many times, and I would have rather of have stayed home
    yeah going out sober is a ****ing joke

That's because drunk people are stupid and annoying when you're sober. When you're drunk they're funny and cool.

Hey, live your life the way you want. I'm sort of do as I say, not as I do in this category anyway. I like to drink a bit, and its football season. I knocked back about six beers yesterday while watching the games. The key is that I didn't get sloppy drunk. I'm sure I'll lift fine today. Had I gotten hammered yesterday I wouldn't expect much today were I hung over, or even a day removed from being hung over.

I'm sure as shit not going to stop going out and knocking back a few every so often. Hell, Alpha and I have probably sat across from each other at the same bar before, each thinking to ourselves "I'm bigger than that guy, definitely." : )

that was basically my point..I enjoy my beer and I enjoy eating good food on the weekends but I also suffer the consiqunce of always having a higher BF% than someone who is looking for competition body.(with exception of 17aa's)I limit myself to a couple Budwieser 55's a week for liver toxicity reasons..so its all what you are in it for.ya know what I mean????????

Everything in moderation. I'm a firm believer that nothing is fatal in moderation. Case in point, if I develop lung cancer I'll blame it on the 8 year, pack a day cigarette habit I had at one point in my life, not the single cigar a month I smoke and don't inhale. The former is addiction, the later moderation.

fleck is offline Associate Member
    well if you look under the guys name it says BANNED now so he probably wont write back.

He also i notice didnt mention his age.

I agree with moat of the comments, particularly the guy who drinks only at the weekend. That way your body will become accomponied/used to you consuming alcohol at a particular point in the week.

NOT TO EXCESS is the key....

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    He got banned cuz he just turned 19 and was making posts about how he has cycled and he is in no way having any bad sides from it.. And oh yeah he had at least one other account on here.. lexmark = crf-450 and maybe more..

Quote Originally Posted by TKO Performance View Post
    That's because drunk people are stupid and annoying when you're sober. When you're drunk they're funny and cool.

Hey, live your life the way you want. I'm sort of do as I say, not as I do in this category anyway. I like to drink a bit, and its football season. I knocked back about six beers yesterday while watching the games. The key is that I didn't get sloppy drunk. I'm sure I'll lift fine today. Had I gotten hammered yesterday I wouldn't expect much today were I hung over, or even a day removed from being hung over.

I'm sure as shit not going to stop going out and knocking back a few every so often. Hell, Alpha and I have probably sat across from each other at the same bar before, each thinking to ourselves "I'm bigger than that guy, definitely." : )
    Haha next time I suspect that at the bar, I'll ask if their username is TKO Performance. The guy might look at me like a weirdo

Maybe, but maybe not. It's a small world after all...

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member

buildingblocks is offline New Member
    This was probably the most entertaining post in awhile so we can thank the retarded 19 year old for starting it. To ALPHAMALEDAWG: Your the man. I was thinking how bad everyone's advise was until I got to your comment. I couldnt agree with you more about making girls wet and guys sick with envy. What can you say more then all of us are FULL TIME STUDS.(Well at least I am)lol.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingblocks View Post
    This was probably the most entertaining post in awhile so we can thank the retarded 19 year old for starting it. To ALPHAMALEDAWG: Your the man. I was thinking how bad everyone's advise was until I got to your comment. I couldnt agree with you more about making girls wet and guys sick with envy. What can you say more then all of us are FULL TIME STUDS.(Well at least I am)lol.
    hah respect dude. I'd go out partying with you (no homo)

buildingblocks is offline New Member
    HAHA, Ill leave my bitch at home and go out for hamburgers with you. haha. Why some may ask? I get sick of steak all the time. haha

As expected, Monday's lifting was excellent. I bumped up set weight this week on bench and went 10, 10, 8+1, and 7+1 for reps on my four sets. All other exercises were equally impressive and up a few reps or the same reps at a higher weight. The key is not getting drunk. If you can pull back when you get little buzz on you'll be okay the next day.

I'll drink to that!! haha

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    ok so im not on steroids at the moment althoguth someday im sure i will be, im training natural and doing 3 days per week split muscle group. during the week eating training spot on, but i really enjoy going out on a saterday having a few too many drinks and going clubbing, im still young so feel i shouldnt be holding back but just wondering will going out once a week drinking be that bad for gains? the bit i feel worst on is on the sunday i eat sweet f/a but back to noraml on the monday. would you lot say drinking once a week will hold me back alot in terms of training and gaining??
    cheers
    Get smashed just once a week can hinder your gains. It will screw up your ability to recover properly.

swllce is offline Associate Member
    I used to do oral steoroids and binge fri sat sunday.
    I never had liver problems.But i would not recommend it
    However i found out that ,it is hard to let go of livin it up.
    I is better to get used to a healthy lifestile sooner rather than later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information