Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

Please ALL Read.

Stephen Takacs threads - please read!
    I got this from another board..i had no clue this bro had a handiecap..and to think everyone is flamming him on the boards and sayin how ugly he is....mods it would be nice to remove that thread with his link in it if it exists.

Stephen Takacs threads - please read! (post #1)

Guys, I just got off the phone with Stephen Takacs dad. This has to stop.

Stephen is developmentally disabled with learning disablities. He is known to the people in the North East at the different bodybuilding competitions, and his father told me he is treated very kindly by the competitors and promoters. They understand his handicap and appreciate the sincerity of his dedication to the sport.

In the last couple weeks (since Stephen's site was discovered by the internet community) Stephen has been flooded with very ugly emails. At first his dad tried to shield him from this, but last night he had to sit down and explain to Stephen what was going on. That must have been extremely hard for both Stephen and his dad. (His dad will be emailing me later tonight. I hope to be able to post his email some time later.)

The entire situation is becoming very hurtful to Stephen's family. He is a handicapped kid who hasn't hurt anyone, yet he has become the subject of a great deal of ridicule and abuse. I would sincerely hope that everyone could have the decency and maturity to stop. This kid may not have as many advantages in this world as we all have, and he doesn't deserve to lose the things he enjoys. (His father finally explained to him what was going on after trying to shield him because he knew Stephen would be taking the stage in upcoming shows... and he didn't want him cat called and abused when he was on stage.)

Stephen's father struck me as an intelligent, insightful, caring man who genuinely loves his son. I don't know if many of you can put yourself in his shoes for a few moments, but how would it make you feel if this was a member of your family? Someone you struggled to raise? Someone you were atually proud of because despite his handicap - he turned out a kind and decent person. That is the pain Stephen Takacs father is experiencing right now - and it is not deserved.

(THERE ARE A LOT OF SITES RUNNING STEPHEN TAKACS THREADS. I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IF PEOPLE COULD CROSS POST THIS TO THOSE THREADS AND ASK THE MODS ON THOSE SITES TO HELP PUT A STOP TO THIS.)
    Last edited by OGPackin; 02-18-2003 at 01:10 PM.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I know who your talking about, his been on the lips on some Swedish boards. Ill make sure and post this over there.

Originally posted by palme
    I know who your talking about, his been on the lips on some Swedish boards. Ill make sure and post this over there.
    Good deal palme thxs bro!! He doesnt deserve the heat he's getting!

OG

Got Gear? is offline Member
    Yeah, this is really too bad.

I followed a link over to his website a few days ago. I had a feeling that this guy was mentally challanged or something was going on.

To anyone that sent this guy a negative email, I think you should send him a new one. Something encourageing perhaps...

Originally posted by Got Gear?
    Yeah, this is really too bad.

I followed a link over to his website a few days ago. I had a feeling that this guy was mentally challanged or something was going on.

To anyone that sent this guy a negative email, I think you should send him a new one. Something encourageing perhaps...
    Got Gear, great idea bro!!

OG

mammoth is offline Member
    I truly feel sorry for Stephen and his family! I hope that other people will spread the word and stick up for him if they come across any of these threads!

Thank you for the post OG!

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Must have missed the whole thing. But you are totally right OGPacking, way to step up to the plate and set the boys straight.

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    I missed this whole issue as well!!!

It is completely uncalled for, to treat anyone who has the dedication and drive to follow a sport they love that way! (disability or not)

Bump to the top!

bump

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    I missed this one too, but I think people that pick on, make fun of, and just try to tear people down for no other reason then to make themselves look good are lacking in some aspect of their life. It's uncalled for and wrong! I hope this kid continues to do what he loves, and doesn't let all the negative people in this world bring him or his family down.

P.S. What is this kid's email address? I'd like to send him something postive.
    Last edited by CarbonCopy; 02-18-2003 at 10:11 PM.

Im pretty sure i saw the post on AR. I'll try and find it and post his email addy so anyone who would like to drop him a POSITIVE emial can do so! Thxs again bros for taking up this kids fight with me!!

OG

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    I missed this whole deal. please post up his e-mail addy so some of us can send encouraging words.

CutUp is offline Junior Member
    I agree, I think it would be cool to send him something positive.
    bump

Hey bros i didnt find his email addy but i did find the link to contact him. Now, please only POSITIVE emails! thxs!!

OG

http://www.stephentakacs.com/contact.html

Rich8888 is offline Member
    OG... ya see, this is why I like you.

bump

razor67 is offline Banned
    OG,way to step up bro.i have a aunt who is mentally challenged so i feel their pain..much respect bro...
    peace

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    lets do ourselves and this guy a big favor.

we call ourselves a brotherhood, maybe its time we start acting like one. any positive emails we send will be deeply appreciated by Stephen and his father as well.
    i ve heard about this, but just on the fringes. although im not real involved here, im going to drop this dude a positive note also.

peace bb79

bump

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Back to the top

Aragorn

The Butcher is offline Member
    bump

One more note of encouragement here... (as he hits the Submit button on Stevens site).

He went from 19% to 12.3% BF in less than a year... daaam I only wish! And if you look at his progress pics you'll have to agree he is really starting to get some serious latts and shoulders. If thats not dedication I don't know what is. (and having the balls to compete... wow... impressive!)

I am glad he is doing (and obviously succeeding at) somehting he likes and SHAME on anyone making fun of him.

Red
    Last edited by Red Ketchup; 02-18-2003 at 05:00 PM.

Vaj10 is offline Associate Member
    i used the link you provided OG and sent him a lil note commending his effort... i hope others do so as well.

Got Gear? is offline Member
    Props to all bro's sending Stephen positive emails! A big thumbs up to you all! With any luck we'll be able to turn this around and make wrong into right. Hopefully he'll receive even more positive email than the negitive stuff he's received and we'll actually help to motivate him.

What would really help is if some of our female members could "flirt" with him a little. A pretty lady giving me some attention always puts me in a good mood!

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    This is the first time I've heard about this & I am F-ing aggravated. I want one of the worthless panty waste douche bags that sent him negative E-mails to send me one of those E-mails, and then say it to MY face. Jesus, some peopla are pathetic.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    im really pissed about this actually... people suck.

Hey bros, This really touched a nerve with me when i read about it. I want to thank each and everyone of u for ur props but more so for sending Stephen encouraging emails! Keep this bumped as long as possible and please if u havent send him ur props! Thxs

OG

dansteelman is offline Member
    I sent him a congrats as well. I was HIS size before and we all know the amount of dedication it takes to do what we do. Point being, we do what makes us feel better about ourselves and it sucks to be shot down after all of our hard work and dedication. I know I couldnt walk on to a stage with a bunch of other people my size and walk away with 4th place.
    I also think that the idea that someone who bodybuilds must Be huge or they get ridiculed is awful. Many of us are not blessed with fantastic genetics and he is an inspiration. Hmmmm...sorry bout my rambling, but his size reminds me of me when i started and it definatly hit a nerve. I dont have the balls to post a pic of me at 185 and he posts once and competes at 145. Way to go champ! keep up the hard work!

bump

Angry

Originally posted by SwoleDiesel662
    I want one of the worthless panty waste douche bags that sent him negative E-mails to send me one of those E-mails, and then say it to MY face
    Don't worry about it bro, most of the jackasses who sent him hate mail or said mean things using the anonymity of the net would not have had the balls to say it to his face in a million years anyways.

Hopefully this will turn out ok for Steven when he realizes that for every coward who insulted him, there are dozens of us in awe at his achievements and inspired by his dedication. And the bottom line is that the cowards do not count. Actions speak louder than words, and to me Stevens actions are indeed loud and clear.

Red

dansteelman is offline Member
    bump

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Great post OG as ussual, I must be rubbing off on you, this was your good deed for the day! Nice work

gym sweat is offline Junior Member
    I got your back O.G. go MIAMI!

yanko

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    yo OG im on it dog.

bump thxs bros!

OG

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    I've sent him a note of encouragement.

bump

boing!

platinum is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by KunipshunFit

It is completely uncalled for, to treat anyone who has the dedication and drive to follow a sport they love that way! (disability or not)

Bump to the top! [/B]
    Exactly my thoughts. The first thing I thought when I saw the site was, "Props to him for at least competing, it's more than I've done"

Platinum

nuke is offline Member
    Where have I been.. I just sent Steven a letter !!

OG NICE BRO !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information