mediocre45 is offline Junior Member

Quad Failure on Cycle

I'm a powerlifter, doing a high volume russian routine, and the past 2 monday's my quads have failed on squats. I don't remember where I injected the first monday, but today was in the quads...I mean they were giving on my medium sets at 335, and totally gave out on my singles. Any idea why this has been happening?

Originally I attributed it to low-carb diet...but today I ate tons of carbs, had a few days rest, and have actually had a good squat day since. Totally depressed about this please help!

maxdose is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mediocre45 View Post
    I'm a powerlifter, doing a high volume russian routine, and the past 2 monday's my quads have failed on squats. I don't remember where I injected the first monday, but today was in the quads...I mean they were giving on my medium sets at 335, and totally gave out on my singles. Any idea why this has been happening?

Originally I attributed it to low-carb diet...but today I ate tons of carbs, had a few days rest, and have actually had a good squat day since. Totally depressed about this please help!
    You injected quads the same day you trained them? Im just trying to understand what you posted.
    I know if I shot a bodypart it would suck training it that same day.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Ok what are you injecting?
    at what does?
    and how many CC's?
    how many times a week?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Yes, injected quads and did squats same day (about an hour after inject)

Test Prop
    100 mg ED (1 mL ED)
    I'll be switching to 200 mg EOD cuz I'm getting sick of injecting and if this is the reason why my squats are off and on then that's lame. Thanks fellas?

I pin delts with up to 2cc's and then go work them and still get a pretty kick ass shoulder workout. It could be the everyday injections. Maybe put glutes and quads into the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    I pin delts with up to 2cc's and then go work them and still get a pretty kick ass shoulder workout. It could be the everyday injections. Maybe put glutes and quads into the rotation.
    Do you mean out of the rotation? I can pin chest and glutes and those typically don't affect my workouts. I'm going to rotate in bi's and delts which I haven't been doing. Only 2.5 weeks or so left so at this point it won't matter much.

My bad that was a typo. Delts never seem to be a problem for me. But quads are. Mabye just a thought for your next cycle then

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    My bad that was a typo. Delts never seem to be a problem for me. But quads are. Mabye just a thought for your next cycle then
    Ah so you do have a bit of trouble with quads. This may be my last time taking prop (ED for sure!)...I don't know how I got through my last cycle of doing prop and susp for 9ish weeks lol. Glutes are my go to...next cycle of Deca and Test will be much easier. In previous cycles I didn't do quads much because penetrating the skin is much more painful than anywhere else...I seem to hit nerves unless I go more to the side.

Thread Information