chawdaz11 is offline New Member

Winstrol and Fast Twitch Fibers?

Iv heard that Winstrol is a cutting steroid that deals with fast twitch fibers and can really increase speed, power, and explosiveness for an athlete. does anyone have any feedback on Fast Twitch fibers with any Steroids not only winstrol?

Thank you

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I would think this is all a load of tosh

But sum1 please proove me wronge with a study, i need somthing to read

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    steroids in general maybe yes but winni specifically i doubt it

so steroids in general work with fast twitch muscle fibers? what would be better to do if I am 5'11 200 pounds about 13 percent body fat anavar or winnie? |im trying to cut maybe gain a little bit of weight but cut down on fat?

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    Well, winstrol is used by many sprinters so I would assume that yes it is true. But then again I would think most steroids in general (to my knowledge) increase all types of muscle fibers. Type I, Type II, and Type IIx are the three categories of muscle fibers. If you geneticly have more type I fibers than type II or IIx than you're probably very good at running long distances. Type I fibers deal with mostly endurance. The opposite is true for type II and IIx muscle fibers.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Winstrol is well know for that and its the reason alot of athletes use it. I highly doubt anyone has any studies on it just real world experianc with different compounds.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah, it increases strength and explosiveness, but I doubt it specifically targets fast-twitch fibers. That is determined by genetics and training techniques.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Yeah, it increases strength and explosiveness, but I doubt it specifically targets fast-twitch fibers. That is determined by genetics and training techniques.

Hum, IDK prob but thats what I was always told. It does seam to give more explosivness than other anabolics I wonder why?

Alright thank you guys also, I have a friend who sells winstrol , anavar , etc but the cycles he has are 25mg pills 3 times a day but only has 60 pills, meaning it would be a 20 day cycle. Is there something wrong with that?

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by chawdaz11 View Post
    Alright thank you guys also, I have a friend who sells winstrol, anavar, etc but the cycles he has are 25mg pills 3 times a day but only has 60 pills, meaning it would be a 20 day cycle. Is there something wrong with that?
    Buy more than one bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by chawdaz11 View Post
    Alright thank you guys also, I have a friend who sells winstrol, anavar, etc but the cycles he has are 25mg pills 3 times a day but only has 60 pills, meaning it would be a 20 day cycle. Is there something wrong with that?
    50mg of either should suffice. I would do 50mg/day for 30 days.

50mg for 6-8 weeks would be preferable for Anavar . I would avoid Winstrol due to incredibly high liver toxicity and other undesirable factors. It is definitely used by sprinters, remember Ben Johnson?

With any oral you need to run liver support (Liv 52, Milk Thistle, etc.). You also need to do PCT, for the cycle outlined above I would use either Nolva at 20/20/20 or Clomid at 50/50/50.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO Performance View Post
    50mg for 6-8 weeks would be preferable for Anavar . I would avoid Winstrol due to incredibly high liver toxicity and other undesirable factors. It is definitely used by sprinters, remember Ben Johnson?

With any oral you need to run liver support (Liv 52, Milk Thistle, etc.). You also need to do PCT, for the cycle outlined above I would use either Nolva at 20/20/20 or Clomid at 50/50/50.
    Tell me your cycle experience TKO?

Winstrol's hepatoxicity isnt as high as suspected, I've run it with BW and so have many others in pretty high doses.

I would avoid Winstrol due to incredibly high liver toxicity and other undesirable factors. It is definitely used by sprinters, remember Ben Johnson?
    Dude, where are you getting this from? Didn't we already go over this?

Yeah we went over it, but unless you'd like to contradict scientific fact you have to admit that on a per mg basis Winstrol is one of the most hepatoxic steroids in existence. If someone wants to post their blood work taken while on a cycle of Winstrol without running liver support and the values show it not to be as toxic as I've read I'd be more than happy to alter my viewpoint. Baring that I'm going to have to go with all of the research I've read.

The injectible and oral forms while having the same innate liver toxicity are actually very different in practice due to how they are absorbed. The injectible is going to be much less taxing to the liver because it does not actually go through first pass metabolism like the oral. Instead it runs through in second pass, where the damage caused by the 17aa part of it is much less severe. Dosage will matter as well, especially for the oral. Obviously the more you take the more danger and vice versa.

You can also probably avert liver issues while running liver support. However, it is important to note that the danger is still there. Taking precaution does not eliminate the inherent nature of the compound.
    Last edited by TKO Performance; 09-17-2010 at 01:04 PM.

The only reason i dont want to take Anavar is because Iv heard it puts on more weight then Winstrol . Im an athlete and want to stay around the same weight so I heard Winstrol was a good cutter that helped with power and speed. edit, marcus300
    Last edited by marcus300; 09-17-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: fishing

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    No fishing please, thanks

Anavar isn't really know for weight gain. You might pick up 5-7lbs of lean mass. It's the change in body composition that is going to be impressive. Ultimately your diet is going to determine whether you gain or lose muscle and fat. Cardio plays an important role too.

Winstrol isn't know as a mass builder. It's known as a cutter, though you can improve strength while on it as well. As to average weight gain/loss from taking Winstrol only, your guess is as good as mine. I haven't seen that data to date. Very few will run it alone, so my guess is that evidence is going to be hard to come by.

Alright thank you any other views on this?

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    I just want to start this off with the fact that I am not intentionally trying to call you out or anything but.... 8 weeks ago you made your first post on this forum and mentioned you were "Thinking of trying an Anavar only cycle" and that you have been natural all your life.

I will admit, you have obiously done your personal research the the effects of AAS but none of your posts come with any real personal experience...

Don't get me wrong, I am new to the game too but I generally only poke my nose in where I have personal experience.

50mg for 6-8 weeks would be preferable for Anavar. I would avoid Winstrol due to incredibly high liver toxicity and other undesirable factors. It is definitely used by sprinters, remember Ben Johnson?

I have ran Anavar only and I have had blood work done and the doctor had concerns about my liver, based on the blood work, so I went for an ultra sound... turns out all was ok. This was while using Milk thistle during the entire cycle. So Var can be just a toxic to your liver.... even though I am sure you have read otherwise.... I know for a fact.

Yeah we went over it, but unless you'd like to contradict scientific fact you have to admit that on a per mg basis Winstrol is one of the most hepatoxic steroids in existence. If someone wants to post their blood work taken while on a cycle of Winstrol without running liver support and the values show it not to be as toxic as I've read I'd be more than happy to alter my viewpoint. Baring that I'm going to have to go with all of the research I've read.

The injectible and oral forms while having the same innate liver toxicity are actually very different in practice due to how they are absorbed. The injectible is going to be much less taxing to the liver because it does not actually go through first pass metabolism like the oral. Instead it runs through in second pass, where the damage caused by the 17aa part of it is much less severe. Dosage will matter as well, especially for the oral. Obviously the more you take the more danger and vice versa.

You can also probably avert liver issues while running liver support. However, it is important to note that the danger is still there. Taking precaution does not eliminate the inherent nature of the compound.
    Anavar isn't really know for weight gain. You might pick up 5-7lbs of lean mass. It's the change in body composition that is going to be impressive. Ultimately your diet is going to determine whether you gain or lose muscle and fat. Cardio plays an important role too.

Winstrol isn't know as a mass builder. It's known as a cutter, though you can improve strength while on it as well. As to average weight gain/loss from taking Winstrol only, your guess is as good as mine. I haven't seen that data to date. Very few will run it alone, so my guess is that evidence is going to be hard to come by.
    Again.... how do you know these things you stated above... Have you experienced only 5-7lbs weight gain on your var cycle? Not to mention I personally disagree with the dose of Anavar you keep trying to tell people to take. Every time there is a thread about var, you are in there talking about 50-60mg/ed for 6 to 8 weeks... If I ran that dose for that length I would not be impressed, that dose/length may work for some but not all.... so give it a try yourself and see what happens, then advise.

Again, nothing personal.... you are a great guy and a great contributor but you are simply pushing what you believe sounds good, not what you know works.

My 2 cents

I'm not denying Winstrol is one of the more hepatoxic compounds, re-read my post. Infact, I didnt say anything about Winstrol's hepatoxicty compared to other (AAS) orals TKO.

I've had BW done on Winstrol upto 50-75mg/ED for over 6 weeks with minimal impact on liver values (alone). I've also had BW done with Dbol and Tbol for over 13 weeks. Plus I consumed alcohol.

My liver values were the highest on Tbol at 60mg/ED, but I had BW done after a moderate/high alcohol session. Not a good idea I know. But baseline values returned after 5-6 days.

Hepatoxicity is overrated in my experience.

I have found orals have more of an impact on my lipids than actual hepatoxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post

Again, nothing personal.... you are a great guy and a great contributor but you are simply pushing what you believe sounds good, not what you know works.

My 2 cents
    My sentiments exactly. Not trying to gang up on you, TKO, (because you are a good guy and not a douche) but I often find myself annoyed by your lengthy posts trying to pass off conjecture (without any personal experience) as scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    My sentiments exactly. Not trying to gang up on you, TKO, (because you are a good guy and not a douche) but I often find myself annoyed by your lengthy posts trying to pass off conjecture (without any personal experience) as scientific fact.
    I was guilty of this when I first joined here in 2004. I quickly realised personal experience can be different to what a doubleblind controlled peer-reviewed study can state. Clinical data isnt far off usually, but its not FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    I was guilty of this when I first joined here in 2004. I quickly realised personal experience can be different to what a doubleblind controlled peer-reviewed study can state. Clinical data isnt far off usually, but its not FACT.
    I'm sure I'm guilty as well. But now when I throw out my own theories, I try to label them as such, rather than trying to pass it off as concrete scientific fact (as though there is such a thing).

SNRose07 is offline Junior Member
    I would think winstrol 's ability to increase strength while being able to keep body weight down increases the strength to weight ratio. This is a big factor in speed and acceleration. I think this is why it is a more sought after drug for sprinters and other speed athletes. I think your genetics limit how many of each muscle fiber type you have and your specific training focuses on those fiber types; which can be facilitated with winstrol.

Thread Information