jaques72 is offline New Member

stuff for depression

sorry to post this here, but it seems like I might get some good input here because of the AS many people have or have had depression, particularly post cycle.

My sister gets very depressed, though it is not all the time and seems related to hormone levels.

she has tried 5htp, 50mg 3 times a day, without success.

I am looking for input on inositol and on Pseven, and what doses they, if they do, might help?

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    zoloft, celexa, prozac, xanax... im on celexa and im doin well...

Originally posted by Tankass
    zoloft, celexa, prozac, xanax... im on celexa and im doin well...
    she is looking for something that is more short term and immeadiate acting. Those are all long term solutions and her depression is not constant, but when it hits she is looking for relief. she does not need it all the time.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member

Re: stuff for depression

Originally posted by jaques72
    sorry to post this here, but it seems like I might get some good input here because of the AS many people have or have had depression, particularly post cycle.

My sister gets very depressed, though it is not all the time and seems related to hormone levels.

she has tried 5htp, 50mg 3 times a day, without success.

I am looking for input on inositol and on Pseven, and what doses they, if they do, might help?

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Inositol puts oxygen in your blood from what I understand , I would try some St. Johns Wart from any Nutrition store.

Re: Re: stuff for depression

Originally posted by Ozzy
    Inositol puts oxygen in your blood from what I understand , I would try some St. Johns Wart from any Nutrition store.
    no dice, st johns = nada

Re: Re: Re: stuff for depression

Originally posted by jaques72

no dice, st johns = nada
    Then have her go to a Doctor Bro !!

BIG-G is offline Banned
    if u want herbal help just st johns wart in doses of 1200mg spread thru the day,,,,, medical help would be zoloft, (no prozac), i got some, feels like theres a check in the mail everyday!

matt890ca is offline New Member
    Well some may disagree but Paxil helped me out a fair bit. Not the best choice but an easier med on you then zoloft or prozac.

Paxil also is more for a social anxiety disorder but does well in this case also

Good luck!

a number of people with anxiety and some forms of depression have reported good results with Pseven... PARTICULARLY for those with anxiety.. not as much feedback ,currently, with respect to depression..

Douceberg is offline New Member
    Paxil sucks bro. That sh*t will make you more f*cked up than you already are.

BIG-G is offline Banned
    why dont you just try talking to her, let her get her shit off her chest and play the roll of the big brother (or shrink). SERIOUSLY!

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm taking paxil right now, its definitely helping with anxiety but you can't nut unless you work for a long time! I've taken wellbutrin, but no other SSRI's before... Wellbutrin isn't as helpful, but at least you can bust a nut if you want!

For me....Paxil was a bad idea 1) I had absolutely no emotions 2) My hard on was either temporary ( 5min ) and couldn't bust a nut or I didn't want to have sex at all 3) gained 20 pounds in less than a month 4) Coming off that shit after only being on for two months was a biotch !! It took 6 months for me to feel normal again , I mean I was dizzy and couldn't focus. Never again for me !!

matt890ca is offline New Member
    Sexual side-effects where horrible on Paxil, as for the emotions same thing. But I did start thinking clearly and having better judgement.

I was going to post a rather long bit about what I was going through but I would rather not get into it, I did alot I'm not proud of.

Lets just say I was an extreme case and at the level I was at the only thing that helped me was paxil. So to me side effects weren't an issue I was already at an extreme danger zone anyway.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Got a prescription for 200 mg/wk of test about a year ago. One of the first things I noticed was that the constant low-grade depression I've had for decades went away . . . definitely good stuff for me. Might get tested for hormone levels, see if anything's low, then get supplements for it.
    A lady friend of mine has depression . . . phoned me a couple years ago, had the business end of a shotgun in her mouth, was in tears 'cause she couldn't figure out how to pull the damn trigger in that position. Well, to make a long story short, I talked her out of her death wish, got her to a doc for counseling, she got on meds, had to try 3 or 4 different types before she found one that worked for her. Nowadays she's a bit gloomy, not exactly full of joy, but not suicidal. Moral of this story--sometimes life sucks so much that not even shrinks and pills can make things more than just bearable.
    Glad I'm not in that boat . . .

Thread Information