meat&2veg is offline Associate Member

Question Liver Support...

Hey guys,

Just a question about liver support...

I have brought Liv52 buy Himalaya for my future cycle but was going to buy Milk Thistle and take both...Would that be a good thing to do?

Again like eveything I read these 2 above have mixed reports so I want your feedback from personal experience please.

I have not used liver support in past cycles as I have not taken any oral roids...I will be taking Anavar on my new cycle and I do know that its low in being toxic towards your liver but its still a 17 Alpha Alkylated steroid , and is toxic. It has been shown to be less toxic than other orals, and is even used as liver treatment for recovering alcoholics. Still, i would limit my time using it to 8 weeks, 10 at the most.

In my cycle I am going to run it at 60mg ED for 6-8 weeks.

I found this:

It would be beneficial to you liver to use several different OTC supplements during, and perhaps after your cycle. A few preventive measures never hurt anyone .

1 - Milk Thistle
    The classic liver protectant herb.supposedly works by blocking the entrance of harmful substances to liver cells, and hastening their expulsion. Make sure there is a high standardization of Silymarin

2 - R ALA
    A powerful antioxidant

3 - NAC
    Supports liver function and production of l-glutathione

4 - Vitamin C and E
    Antioxidants

5 - LOADS of water
    Helps to flush out your entire system

LIPID PROTECTION

Anavar isnt going to kill your cholesterol levels like some drugs (winny being one of the worst), but it may put your LDL/HDL profiles outside of the normal range. There are a few things that help, but as long as your not using 60+mg daily or running it for more than 10 weeks, i would just use flax...

1 - Flax Oil
    Consuming lots of omega fatty acids promotes overall health, as well as helping to keep your lipid profile from becoming too bad.

2 - Policosanol
    Used at 20mg daily to keep your HDL (good cholesterol) levels from crashing, and your LDL from becoming too high.

3 - Niacin
    Preferably the flush free variety. If you wish, niacin can be used at 1-2g ED for a short period post-cycle to normalize HDL levels. Do not use for more than 7-14 days, as liver toxicity can be an issue when using those dosages of niacin for long periods of time.

(what are your thoughts)?

limo is offline New Member
    I know others will blast me for saying this but I was never one for liver protectors. If your gonna run a heavy oral cycle like 50-100mg a day of dbol or anadrol for longer than 8wks or winny orals than yeah you might want to worry about getting some liver protection. That said let me say everyones body reacts in different ways to any substance so what works for some might not work for others. I ran Test and Dbols for 3 and a half years without a break and the test was at 1,000mg a wk and I never had any Acne or liver issues. I did lose my hair and I ended up with High Blood Pressure but I drank during that cycle almost every night of the week. Not the smartest thing to do but thats how i lived at the time. So was the high BP from the Bud Light or the Test?? I was 29 when I started and 32 when I took a break had some blood work done a year later and all liver and kidney functions were normal. My natural Test production was shut off but that was corrected with HCG . The point is be careful when you take advice about what to do and not to do just because it works for him or her doesn't mean it will work for you!!!!

matt77 is offline Member
    I take Liv 52 almost daily and take NAC, and Vit C whenever I take anything taxing on the liver. And also have taken Milk Thistle after Im through with whatever Im taking. Why? Because I can! Why would anyone just say F' it on taking something that will help you? If you can take measures not to cause damage to your body, do it. Liv 52 and NAC is what I would use. They are cheap and have real science behind them.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Low dose of Liv52 if you wish. Keep in mind the use of liver supplementation breaks down the greater amount of steroid . Monitor your liver enzymes well if you decide not to take anything.

Quote Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
    I take Liv 52 almost daily and take NAC, and Vit C whenever I take anything taxing on the liver. And also have taken Milk Thistle after Im through with whatever Im taking. Why? Because I can! Why would anyone just say F' it on taking something that will help you? If you can take measures not to cause damage to your body, do it. Liv 52 and NAC is what I would use. They are cheap and have real science behind them.
    Yeah thanks for your input, I have Liv52 and Vit C @ 1000mg I will also take Triple Omega and like you say if I can take it I might aswell...So I think I will run some Milk Thistle off the back end.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Low dose of Liv52 if you wish. Keep in mind the use of liver supplementation breaks down the greater amount of steroid. Monitor your liver enzymes well if you decide not to take anything.
    How you doing HP? How was ya birthday? I have not been online for a while...Been moving condo. Anyhow so your saying its best to run Liv52 at a low dose if I do while on the cycle.
    So when I have finished the cycle I can have a good clean up then with Vit C, Milk Thistle...

codeegee is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    I got 2x44 animal packs ready to go for my cycle. For the small/medium doses I'm taking I'm sure that'll do more then suffice.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by meat&2veg View Post
    How you doing HP? How was ya birthday? I have not been online for a while...Been moving condo. Anyhow so your saying its best to run Liv52 at a low dose if I do while on the cycle.
    So when I have finished the cycle I can have a good clean up then with Vit C, Milk Thistle...
    Good, and it blew ass! Yes that sounds like a fine plan.

Thread Information