lunarbio is offline New Member

40mcg t3 low dosage question

Alright.. i currently have 35 40mcg t3's. They are shaped like little maroonish advils and are difficult to break up because they are rounded on the top and the bottom.

40mcg is an odd amount for most t3's, and i want to know what everyone's advice is on how to take them at a low dose to not shut down my own thyriod, but rather add to it. I know people reccomend 12.5mcg for this (breaking in half 25mcg pill) but i was wondering how this would be done with a 40mcg pill.

Now, this is what i thought... correct me if im wrong. Due to t3's long half life, can i take 20MCG (half a pill) every other day? Which would even out to roughly 10mcg/day? Or should i try to break the pills into quarters (very difficult might i add---pills tend to shatter)

Also, what amount of t3 is considered a thyriod replacement doseage rather than boost? I seem to recall 25mcg being what people consider a replacement doseage (shuts thyriod down)... would taking 20mcg EOD shut my thyriod down do you think?
    Also, if i were to do this... how long do you think i should run it for? I am currently in the first week or 2 of a cycle... (which i wont bother getting into because i dont really need help with that).. should i run it to the end of the cycle or beyond the end of it?

Thanks all..

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO you are taking too little bro, The half life is pretty long but I think it will only last one day not 2. As for the dosages I think it is safer to take larger quantities for shorter time frames. If you take it for a long time that is when you thyroid will shut down. I go up to 100mcg a day, for 3 weeks, with the proper tapper you will be fine. That is my opinion and T3 is a touch subject, I use it and have researched it but the thyroid isn't that well understood and there is a lot of info out there on it but nothing really good like there is on AS.

Pain

On the contrary… a bunch of guys over at EF as well as a few big T3 faq’s say that 12.5mcg/day increases <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> synthesis and is safe to take for long periods of time…. Safer than a short cycle of extreme dosages.

Unfortunately T3 is one of those things that you will always get a bunch of different opinions on. I’m hoping to find someone that has run it at a low dosage at an extended period of time that can share their experiences.

I also still need to figure out whether ½ a pill EOD is alright, or if I should try to break it into 1/4s and take that ED.

Now, if i were to do a short cycle of it ramped up and then ramped down... how would you think my best way of doing this is? I have right now 34 40mcg pills. Its difficult to use the T3 cycles that other people have used because they usually deal with 25mcg denominations.

BUMP

BUMP

Guys id really like to hear some more opinions on this. I've started to take them at 10mcg/day. (breaking them into quarters as best i can)

At first i started to do 20MCG/EOD but i decided that it'd be better to follow everyone elses 12.5mcg/day more closely.

Any problems with this? i didnt screw myself over taking 20mcg at first did i?

Im not trying to shut down my own thyriod, just give it a boost.
    Please and advice would be great.

Oh yes and i forgot to add: Latley ive been feeling very tired late in the day... a little bit of lack of energy... i have had a cold latley but dont know if it has something to do with the low dose of t3 or just my slight illness. Hmmmmm opinions?
    Last edited by lunarbio; 02-23-2003 at 05:53 PM.

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Bro, 10mg's ED if your not going to do a real cycle of it is fine IMO. To ease the prossess disolve the tab in a specific amount of a solvent and measure it out that way, unfortunatly I don't know what T3 is soluable in off the top of my head.

Shawn

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    OH shit!! he pulled the elite fitness one on you painintheazz!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Originally posted by abstrack
    OH shit!! he pulled the elite fitness one on you painintheazz!!
    Hey to each his own, I hope He does keep us informed of how this cycle works for him though.

Pain

Originally posted by DiMensionX
    Bro, 10mg's ED if your not going to do a real cycle of it is fine IMO. To ease the prossess disolve the tab in a specific amount of a solvent and measure it out that way, unfortunatly I don't know what T3 is soluable in off the top of my head.

Shawn
    Alright that sounds good. My plan was to do a real cycle of it... but i fear having my thyroid crash at the same time as steriodal post-cycle crash.

Ill be sure to keep everyone updated, as well as updates on my cycle. I need to get some before pictures taken before i get too deep into my cycle. Im taking notes as I go so ill have one big nice post for everyone as soon as im done.

Thanks guys, I guess ill just stick to 10mcg/day for now. Ill test out some disolving also. For the time being, a good friend of mine has let me use his highly precise gram scale. (Supposely should have cost hundreds...). My plan for now is to crush them up and weigh them like that if i have a really hard time cutting them.

If you are going to weight them out like that remember to weight a bunch of tabs and get their average weight per pill. Then use that as a ratio to figure out how much 1/4 of the pill weights and that will have 10mcg. Some pills weight more than what the dosage is because of binders and fillers that they use to hold the pills together and make them bigger or time released, others use high presure to compact them. I am not sure what catagory T3 pills fall under but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Pain

Thread Information