Thread: Help. Kidney

BOBfromfightclub is offline Associate Member

Help. Kidney

So while debating on using a cycle of AAS, I over looked one factor. I only have 1 fully functional kidney. The other functions at roughly 10-20%.

Are the risk of "Kidney Damage" a real risk?
    Are they serious or minor?
    Should this factor alone make AAS a unsafe choice for me?
    If I do go though with it would telling my doctor be a good choice or would it put me at risk with insurance companies?
    I am currently in a state assistance program and I am afraid that telling my doctor would put me at risk for not being able to get insurance.

BTW the compounds are HCG , Test E, Exemestane, and Nolvadex .
    I've taken PH's and Nolvadex before and had full panels run and the kidneys checked out fine.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Bump.....

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The kidneys can undergo more possible strain during anabolic steroid intake. Kidneys are involved in some of the filtration and excretion systems of the body, and as such, when a foreign substance is administered, they necessarily work harder. Some steroid users have noticed very dark urine when on a cycle, and this is indicative of the kidneys working overtime to accomplish their goal. One of the major offenders of this seems to be Trenbolone , which turns the user s urine a very dark color unless enough water is taken in daily. Also, even though I know you re probably getting sick of hearing this from me, the possibility of side effects is dependant on both dose as well as compounds administered. Some steroids (Nandrolone ) are even used to help treat people with Kidney problems! So clearly, they aren´t as bad as they´re made out to be with regards to possible kidney issues.
    ^^ http://www.steroid.com/side.php

Two other factors to consider- very high protien diets and jacked blood pressure, both can damage the kidney IMO. Anything that raises your blood pressure, test, dbol , adrol, etc. can damage your kidneys.

Well I keep my blood pressure in check. I test it every 5 days or so. I could defiantly get the protein in my urine checked out during cycle, as that is the indicator of kidney function. I never had any previous issues even with a super high protein intake.

Kdub is offline Associate Member
    I have 1 and a half kidneys. Had my left left removed on my 15th birthday. I am 38 now. I have done numerous cycles including a lengthy one at age 24 where I ran 3,500 mg of test per week for 9 months straight.

I am in perfect health. Blood test shows no issues or that I am less half a kidney.

Hydration is my only issue. Alcohol, caffeine and sugar drinks are strong diuretics for me. I recently began taking creatine to help my cells retain water and so far so good!

I have used all forms of test, eq, winstrol -v, laurbolin, durabolin , dbol , anavar , mast, hcg , adex, prami, aroma, melanotan II and numerous supplements. I recently tried drol for the first time and did feel a little pain in my left kidney after only a few days so I stopped and switched it out for dbol.

I am considering competing in the next 12-18 months and this will entail the use of GH and tren , oral winny and perhaps primo.

I find that as long as I am well hydrated I am good to go. I am also a big user of cleansing products like a good fibre drink and colon cleansers. I have been on Liv-52 for 6 months now too.

Hope this helps...

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Are answers from random people on the internet enough for you to trust serious side effects that can effect you for the rest of your life?

If you do decide to go that route do so under direct doctors care...

Quote Originally Posted by Kdub View Post
    I have 1 and a half kidneys. Had my left left removed on my 15th birthday. I am 38 now. I have done numerous cycles including a lengthy one at age 24 where I ran 3,500 mg of test per week for 9 months straight.

I am in perfect health. Blood test shows no issues or that I am less half a kidney.

Hydration is my only issue. Alcohol, caffeine and sugar drinks are strong diuretics for me. I recently began taking creatine to help my cells retain water and so far so good!

I have used all forms of test, eq, winstrol -v, laurbolin, durabolin , dbol , anavar , mast, hcg , adex, prami, aroma, melanotan II and numerous supplements. I recently tried drol for the first time and did feel a little pain in my left kidney after only a few days so I stopped and switched it out for dbol.

I am considering competing in the next 12-18 months and this will entail the use of GH and tren , oral winny and perhaps primo.

I find that as long as I am well hydrated I am good to go. I am also a big user of cleansing products like a good fibre drink and colon cleansers. I have been on Liv-52 for 6 months now too.

Hope this helps...
    some how your reply seems...just off.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdub View Post

Hope this helps...
    3.5 of test a week for 9 months....why would you do that?

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    3.5 of test a week for 9 months....why would you do that?
    If you are an MMA fighter, this can be an excellent way of protecting yourself from groin strikes...

I gotta admit that got my attention too, can you imagine the sides.

gypsy is offline Associate Member
    & more importantly what the hell did it do to you?

Sides were quite minor actually just a little acne. No issues with blood work coming back good.

It appears I have a good tolerance to AAS. Others take 500 mgs a week and end up coming off right away.

BOB,

Perhaps you won't fair as well as I did. Good luck.

gypsy is offline Associate Member
    more interested in what your gains were .... ??

In 96 I was 230 lbs @ 9%, 31 inch waist, 6 ft, and had what I thought was good shape and genetics.

3500 mgs per week isn't a magic dose. People get caught up in the notion that very high doses turn you into a superman. "I am on only 500 mgs per week and can only imagine how big and bad I would be if I took 2,000 mgs or more." This is a myth. If I knew then what I know now I would have done it much differently. Diet is so unbelievably important.

From my understanding, pros use 2000 mgs a day - even more.

Maybe having 1.5 kidneys inhibited me from full protein uptake??? Or proper hydration??? I will never know. From all my research ahead of taking high doses of AAS I never discovered any kidney failure or other serious kidney issues. It is all heart (cholesterol) and liver complications.
    Last edited by Kdub; 10-21-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Thread Information