Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bruary17 is offline Member

My 90 Year Old Grandma On Steroids

My grandma recently turned 90, her mind is very sharp but her body is failing her. She often gets off balance and has to grab ahold of something so she doesn't lose her balance and fall over. This has nothing to due with her equilibrium, it's that she has barely any muscle in her legs anymore, and therefore, no support to hold her up.

Now, my question is this; Am I nuts for thinking she would benefit from administering nandrolone deconate. Of course I would want her diet to be proper along with consistent leg exercises.

I would also only have this done under the close supervision of a medical professional. And I know finding one who is willing to participate in this would be quite the challenge, Anyway, your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Rich

boyka is offline Associate Member
    Hahaha, whats her stats?
    How much do she squat ?

She reps out 135 for around 20, goes real deep too. But in all honesty, this is a serious question looking for some experienced feed back!

I think you should better her diet by adding some protein shakes, healthy high protein meals , and do some exercise if possible (probably walking).
    Steroids may harm her health even more...

That would seem more appropriate, boyka. And I've had it in effect for the past 6 months, just looking for somethimg a little more aggressive.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    i don't think that it would be accepted practice, because if it was you would hear of it happening all the time... but then again, with medical companies being as greedy as they are maybe they don't want people to know that this is an option..

maybe giving her a little bit of anavar would be a better option then giving her Deca .. or something like 100mg of primobolan a week.. Deca would be a bit much, primo might be a better option..

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    HGH...will help her bones...seriously!

now there's an idea worth looking into

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    HGH...will help her bones...seriously!
    Yes that is good idea, HGH has no side effects , maybe some long term, but she won't live 120 years...

Machine, why anavar /primobolan over deca ? And I think HGH would be a bit more acceptable to an MD then anything. I'm seriously asking her Dr. these questions. Try to get this in action.

tjax03 is offline Associate Member
    One other alternative which I would strongly consider before jumping to steroids is physical therapy. I really think this would be more beneficial to her than hormones. Find a therapist who has worked with the elderly. This option carries little risk, unlike the administration of nandrolone or anavar to a ninety year old. Furthermore, the process of therapy will act as a form of exercise for her, making her heart and circulatory system stronger in addition to her legs. Think about it. A good place to start might be getting an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. They often know a lot of good places in the area to find the services your grandma needs.

Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    Machine, why anavar/primobolan over deca? And I think HGH would be a bit more acceptable to an MD then anything. I'm seriously asking her Dr. these questions. Try to get this in action.
    either anavar or primo.. i suggested primo because it is less androgenic than deca .. I said anavar because it is such a mild steroid and has a reputation for working well with women

Thanks for the suggestion, tjax. But I have acted as her PT for the last 6 months, carrying out specific exersizes as advised by her Dr. I've increased her protein intake during her meals as well as added a shake right after our sessions. I have seen little improvement in her. My theory is this; at 90 years old, how much muscle/endurance can your body muster up naturally? At this stage in the game I feel bringing in the synthetics could be quite miraculous. Particularly, HGH.

i think HGH is the fountain of youth at her age man.. i would REALLY look into that.. that would be the safest route, plus its ability to increase bone density is gonig to be huge.. It always starts with a broken hip...

Thanks Machine, I agree. I'm going to mention it at her next appt. I'll keep everyone updated. Thanks for the input!

1 unit ED of HGH is all she will need to help her feel stronger and better...and have her dose at night which will help her REALLY sleep! Looking forward to this outcome!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    definately subscribed and looks like u got a lot of views...best of luck to your grandma and yourself...i know how good those apple pies can be

lift_heavy is offline Junior Member
    hgh would help her immensley, but im not expert. but im guessing the decca would help her joints and help her put on some lean muscle mass.

but thats just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    1 unit ED of HGH is all she will need to help her feel stronger and better...and have her dose at night which will help her REALLY sleep! Looking forward to this outcome!
    you are very wise slimmer me and i appreciate how u always explain things. but ive read about hgh only being given any other time but before bed cuz of the neg feedback. or...?

Thank you slimmerme/ipkman. I'll keep everyone informed!!

Quote Originally Posted by lift_heavy View Post
    hgh would help her immensley, but im not expert. but im guessing the decca would help her joints and help her put on some lean muscle mass.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by lift_heavy View Post
    you are very wise slimmer me and i appreciate how u always explain things. but ive read about hgh only being given any other time but before bed cuz of the neg feedback. or...?
    HGH before bedtime is FINE for anti-aging. Otherwise you are correct as to HGH having a negative feedback if pinned at bedtime.

fattymcbutterpants is offline Senior Member
    Man i wondered this exact same thing for my grandpa awhile back he is about 94 now and a really smart guy but his body is slowly failing as far as getting around. He can walk slow but stumbles alot and doesnt have hardly and muscle or weight on him anymore. He worked out everysingle day until he was about 88 or so then backed off some and now doesnt at all. I dont mean like pumping iron lol but doing stretches and lightweight dumbell exercises and he swam alot. But its been downhill since and I didnt know if something like that would help. Not gonna put him on it but just curious kinda

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boyka View Post
    I think you should better her diet by adding some protein shakes, healthy high protein meals , and do some exercise if possible (probably walking).
    Steroids may harm her health even more...
    nice ava. those movies and scott adkins are the sh*t!

Quote Originally Posted by fattymcbutterpants View Post
    Man i wondered this exact same thing for my grandpa awhile back he is about 94 now and a really smart guy but his body is slowly failing as far as getting around. He can walk slow but stumbles alot and doesnt have hardly and muscle or weight on him anymore. He worked out everysingle day until he was about 88 or so then backed off some and now doesnt at all. I dont mean like pumping iron lol but doing stretches and lightweight dumbell exercises and he swam alot. But its been downhill since and I didnt know if something like that would help. Not gonna put him on it but just curious kinda
    If I were you, look into it man, HGH. I think we're onto something here, and if we can greatly improve their quality of life...I'm looking into it bigtime.

fattymcbutterpants is offline Senior Member
    Im gonna talk to my grandmother about it because she makes the decisions for him lol, my grandfather is very smart and has a great longterm memory but his short term memory is very poor somedays but the doctor just put him on some medicine to help stop that hopefully. But I will mention it to her to say to the doc and see what he thinks

Quote Originally Posted by fattymcbutterpants View Post
    Im gonna talk to my grandmother about it because she makes the decisions for him lol, my grandfather is very smart and has a great longterm memory but his short term memory is very poor somedays but the doctor just put him on some medicine to help stop that hopefully. But I will mention it to her to say to the doc and see what he thinks
    Yeah. And keep us posted on what the doc says! I'll do the same.

pyrat is offline Associate Member
    Either one of you guys considered putting them on the rancid protein diet?

HGH suggestion for your grandmama. If she and her doc are up for it...and if she is willing to part with the cash...then i suggest for her to go with something like the Nutropin Pen which will be so much easier for her. If she does this high grade, then .5 units a day will be all she needs and at the most 1 unit. If and when she starts, then start her out on .5 for at least a few weeks anyway...perhaps the first month. Then gradually go up to 1 unit. You do not want for her to be so tired that she cannot do anything so this will help prevent fatigue by starting out real slow. I am thrilled with this idea!

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Interesting the suggestions that you are recieving on this topic. I hate to be a naysayer but dont you think that if this was a option for the elderly it would be in practice already? I mean seriously they implement HRT/TRT for low testosterone ,if benifits of AAS use for the elderly were productive and even moderately safe then it would be used everywhere...
    I am just saying Everyone wants to help parents/grandparents as we see them regress phsically/mentally but that is the sad hard facts of life that we all must eventually face..even ourselves will face this.The medical field and the pharm. companies are greedy sick bastards and would love a chance to exploit the elderly with another glimpse of hope to the "FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH"so if AAS were a viable option to those in your grandmothers and so many other elderly peoples condition they would have capitilized on it a long time ago.I have no Grandparents left at all and would have been great if there were some miricle drug to extend there life or save it for that matter but the fact are there isnt.IMHO the best thing you can do is what you are doing now,spend time with her,help her excercice,give her the proper diet these are the positive things that keeps them happy and will help them stay strong, healthy and live longer...Good luck and keep up the love Bro...
    Last edited by Sicko; 10-19-2010 at 10:10 AM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Interesting the suggestions that you are recieving on this topic. I hate to be a naysayer but dont you think that if this was a option for the elderly it would be in practice already? I mean seriously they implement HRT/TRT for low testosterone ,if benifits of AAS use for the elderly were productive and even moderately safe then it would be used everywhere...
    I am just saying Everyone wants to help parents/grandparents as we see them regress phsically/mentally but that is the sad hard facts of life that we all must eventually face..even ourselves will face this.The medical field and the pharm. companies are greedy sick bastards and would love a chance to exploit the elderly with another glimpse of hope to the "FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH"so if AAS were a viable option to those in your grandmothers and so many other elderly peoples condition they would have capitilized on it a long time ago.I have no Grandparents left at all and would have been great if there were some miricle drug to extend there life or save it for that matter but the fact are there isnt.IMHO the best thing you can do is what you are doing now,spend time with her,help her excercice,give her the proper diet these are the positive things that keeps them happy and will help them stay strong, healthy and live longer...Good luck and keep up the love Bro...
    are u saying that doctors and healthcare systems and governments are to be trusted 100% and that if they havent suggested it then its no good?

if thats the case i should have been still struggling maintaining my weight/waistline as i would have never been suggested trt by my doctor...never might be an overstatement but it sure wasnt offered until I SOUGHT IT..

u do mention that the system is greedy and that they would exploit but hormone replacement actually fixes....they WANT US TO STAY SICK

just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Well said..Lots of truth here as far as concentating on spending quality time with his grandmom.

I do wonder though, why HGH is not prescibed for the ederly since it would help with many things like bone growth, better sleep which is HEALING, less aches and pains, oveall sense of well being as well as many HGH studies even suggest that HGH helps with social interaction which is paramount with the elderly.

But that being said, your point of potentially capitalizing on the this with the aging population is something to consider and to tell you the truth I am amazed it has not happened already...on the other hand..perhaps there are more advantages to not do so!
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 10-19-2010 at 10:30 AM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    bodies of geriatrics are a little different than the rest. I've heard aas can make things worse, not better. I seriously grandma would take on her own? You thinking of spiking her punch with some var?

JimInAK is offline Member
    The AMA along with the DEA and all the politicians are all in it together. It's virtually impossible to figure out why or how they make the decisions that affect most people lives. In my opinion, to say that their decision making process is faulty is a gross understatement.

They claim, with fervent enthusiasm, that marijuana has no benefit to mankind. This flies in the face of real science and the laws creating rights for people to use medical marijuana in many states within the US... rights gained through the initiative process, all while being threatened and jailed by our government.

I don't believe the government and I don't trust the rules, policies, etc. of the AMA. They are designed to make them wealthy, not to keep people healthy and well.

Quote Originally Posted by JimInAK View Post
    The AMA along with the DEA and all the politicians are all in it together. It's virtually impossible to figure out why or how they make the decisions that affect most people lives. In my opinion, to say that their decision making process is faulty is a gross understatement.

They claim, with fervent enthusiasm, that marijuana has no benefit to mankind. This flies in the face of real science and the laws creating rights for people to use medical marijuana in many states within the US... rights gained through the initiative process, all while being threatened and jailed by our government.

I don't believe the government and I don't trust the rules, policies, etc. of the AMA. They are designed to make them wealthy, not to keep people healthy and well.
    well, said. Agreed.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Am I the only person that laughed at the thought of grandma taking deca ?

The answer is NO NO NO NO! Christ man.... shes 94..... her body SHOULD be failing at this point. She's made it a lot further than a lot of people and probably further than i'll ever make it. The ONLY viable option I could see would be HGH and I would definately get a medical opinion on that. She would need to see a hormone specialist and get everything tested.

I'm not trying to be mean here..... as I have a grandmother who is 76 and a step gradfather who is 86 but it's just natures course..... we get older..... weaker..... things start breaking down. Steroids definately aren't the answer for grandma LOL

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

DerrikT is offline Junior Member
    Imo if you've made it to 90+ what have u got to lose by trying stuff like this. if the person in question agrees to it and understands possible risks and side effects then its their choice just like everyone one on here chooses to use gear.

I dont have any grandparents in their 90's yet but would prob suggest it if the situation arose

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    At 90 I think I would pass on the AAS. Maybe get her out and take some walks
    or let her go to the gym and walk the treadmill and move some light weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Am I the only person that laughed at the thought of grandma taking deca ?

The answer is NO NO NO NO! Christ man.... shes 94..... her body SHOULD be failing at this point. She's made it a lot further than a lot of people and probably further than i'll ever make it. The ONLY viable option I could see would be HGH and I would definately get a medical opinion on that. She would need to see a hormone specialist and get everything tested.

I'm not trying to be mean here..... as I have a grandmother who is 76 and a step gradfather who is 86 but it's just natures course..... we get older..... weaker..... things start breaking down. Steroids definately aren't the answer for grandma LOL

~Haz~
    She's 92. My original post said she was 90, you said 94- no clue where that came from. But let me put it to you like this, if I'm ever lucky enough to live a full and wonderfully complete life as she has.. and I'm sitting in my chair at the age of 92- mind very sharp but body failing. I'm going to want a shot, because the depression would be too much and I'm ging to want to explore and exhaust every option to get me back on my feet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information