FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner

aspirating when inj. into glute

i just did my 16th or so glute injection. i put the needle in(1.5"), right up to the hilt and aspirated. i pulled about .2mg blood. when i remove the needle blood squirted out.

this is the first time i've hit a vein in my glute (i hit a vein in my quad the first time i tried it).

so what's my point? well i read that a lot of guys don't aspirate when doing glute injections. in fact some say it's not necessary. i know there's little chance of hitting a vein in your glute, but i did. which is why i have always aspirated and always will.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    same thing has happened to me before...i aspirate regardless of where i am injecting...better safe than sorry imo.

I really don't understand why people DON'T aspirate . I guess they don't realize the importance of it. Besides that it only takes a couple of seconds. I've only returned blood a few times myself, but like daem says, I aspirate all my sites and it IS better to be safe than sorry. Especially in this situation.

Slypknot is offline Member
    Truthfully? A lot of people DON'T KNOW to do it...they think of it like any normal injection... as long as the bubbles are out you're safe!

Hell, I told my friend about it and he's 2 weeks ahead of me in his cycle - he had no idea what I was talking about...never asperated. I only hit my quads so I don't hesitate - asperate - only takes a second anyway..

dutchboy is offline Associate Member
    I have done two full cycles and only ever aspirated on the first shot. I shot my quad, glute and delt and never ran into a problem. As a matter of fact I never remember any doctor aspirating before giving me a shot. But, then again maybe I am just lucky.......

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    My plunger keeps on sticking every time I try to aspirate . Im using a 21 gg and still have problems sucking up bubbles or blood. Usually after I try, I just inject anyway.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    My plunger keeps on sticking every time I try to aspirate. Im using a 21 gg and still have problems sucking up bubbles or blood. Usually after I try, I just inject anyway.
    Bermich,

If you aspirate and pull air bubbles or a CLEAR liquid back into the syringe, that's okay. But, if you pull blood, DO NOT inject. The presence of blood during aspiration idicates that you have puncutred a vein, and may be injecting into it. The purpose of aspirating is to avoid finding blood so that you know that the injection site is safe.

When you're injecting yourself, it is not the time to have a "come what may" attitude. If you pull blood back into the syringe during aspiration, then you should pull the needle out of your skin, push the blood out of the needle and syringe, switch needles and start over in a new spot.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 08-21-2003 at 05:38 PM.

Rookiejay is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Bermich,

If you aspirate and pull air bubbles or a CLEAR liquid back into the syringe, that's okay. But, if you pull blood, DO NOT inject. The presence of blood during aspiration idicates that you have puncutred a vein, and may be injecting into it. The purpose of aspirating is to avoid finding blood so that you know that the injection site is safe.

When you're injecting yourself, it is not the time to have a "come what may" attitude. If you pull blood back into the syringe during aspiration, then you should pull the needle out of your skin, push the blood out of the needle and syringe, switch needles and start over in a new spot.
    I don't see bubbles - maybe there's clear liquid - but I can't see it either (My ass is way to far from my eyes lol). I just pull the plunger and wait a few secs - if there's no blood - then I go.....

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    this may be a stupid question but if you aspirate and see blood, would you start over and inject into that same general area (like the delt, just move over a little bit), or would you go to a total differnet injection site? (like from delt to quad, etc)

BDTR is offline Retired
    I just switch pins and move over a little bit and inject again.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I try to be safe. Im saying that when I pull back nothing comes up. No bubbles no blood. Maybe I need to wait a little bit for the suction to pull it up.
    I just started doing my own injections. ALWAYS had someone else to jab it in and aspirate .

Quad injections. Cant I just inject in the legs all the time since there is such a big area to cover without hitting the same spot???

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    As long as the plunger moves backwards and you don't see blood, you should be alright. Sometimes I get air but it's not bubbles, it's just a big pocket of air. If you were going to see blood, you wouldn't miss it.

Let me get this straight though.. if you DO see blood, it's ok to push it out, (not in your ass), switch pins and try again? I always thought this meant your gear was toast? Well that's good news I guess!!

Nixter.

Thread Information