PutYourPlatesBack is offline Female Member

Question ziplip,hushmail,operamail...???????

Hey all,
    I was wondering which one is the best? I've got ziplip now but I'm hearing it's not secure anymore. Are any of them really secure? I just can't believe "big brother" can't take a look at whatever they want, whenever they want. Appreiciate any input. PYPB

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Well they can look at whatever they want if they want to bad enough... I use to use Ziplip and heard the same thing about it not being secure anymore... Not sure to be honest with you.. www.cyber-rights.net is a good one to use...

if you want truly secure, you need to set up a nym address using remailers and pgp... it's a little more complicated than needed for most of us.

Red

I'm with buff. I used to use ziplip until I found out that they were no longer secure. Then I switch to cyber-rights. Its free as long as you continue to use it. I believe operamail and hushmail charge monthly fees.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Originally posted by Red Ketchup
    if you want truly secure, you need to set up a nym address using remailers and pgp... it's a little more complicated than needed for most of us.

Red
    I am with Red on this.. Also, you could use hotmail and encrypt using pgp and it would be secure. Another way which no one really does is to setup a hotmail account, share the password with the person you want to communicate with, and compose a message, but do not send the message. Save the message, then encrypt the message using pgp. Log in from public places like a library or internet café to compose and access the account. The email is stored on a public server, but it's encrypted and it's never sent anywhere. It's kind of a different approach, but a very secure one IMO.

Peace,
    CC

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by 01dragonslayer
    I'm with buff. I used to use ziplip until I found out that they were no longer secure. Then I switch to cyber-rights. Its free as long as you continue to use it. I believe operamail and hushmail charge monthly fees.

im with 01dragonslayer, i use cyber rights...you can't beat a free email account.....Madmax...

PutYourPlatesBack is offline Female Member
    Thanks all, I will be moving to Cyber-Rights. I am going to check out the pgp thing for my own curiosity. "Curiosity killed the cat, but information brought him back!" Buff: Luv Emiem, but you are right about skinny. Someone needs to help him!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information