mrCide is offline New Member

Problem with injection.. (UPDATE)

Okay, spent a couple days looking in regards to my problem and figured i'd post as a last effort.

Tomorrow is my 3rd injection of a deca only cycle, 250mg/week/8weeks. First injection went fine, right glute, second injection went fine aswell, same cheek. (wasn't thinking). Though it was a week apart (not 2 as I had planned) It went fine and all was well.

This was Sunday, now this past Wednesday during my morning shower i felt a little swolen/itchy spot in that area. Wasn't red, wasn't all that noticable. Thursday It was pretty noticable in terms of how it felt. Kinda felt like an ant bite. Same thing Friday and today. Yesterday I put an ice pack on it for awhile but it was only temporary relief.

Today.. and last couple days when it was pretty noticable...

The spot is maybe a 3" circle around where i injected, it's a little sore, it's a little hard/swollen. It's noticable but not freakish or anything. It's very very light pink, it's warm to the touch, and it's itchy. I feel a noticable bump when i push my fingers against my skin where the injection actually is, but I have to feel around to notice it. There's no red lines, its barely discolored, and I have no fever, biggest thing about it is that it's itchy and that bothers me (no problem moving/walking/sitting). It's like sitting on an ant bite.

Anyway, sorry for the long description. After reading AR and EF 65% people say it's possible infection, 35% say it's normal. Some of those say it's caused by reaction/allergic/first time (this is my first cycle)/minor bacterial infection that your body can handle.. caused by maybe not switching needle after drawing. (Some said even fake gear but everything on the bottle checks out).

I'm also using qualvet (some said its dirty)... I'm going to call the Doc monday since they're closed (or so I'm planning on it at any rate if it doesn't get any better). I DID want to do one last injection tomorrow if I did plan on stopping it but if i do stop is it even worth doing a last injection? (3 of 8).. anyhow... Any last minute advice? Appreciate any responses, and please no lectures about my cycle .. TIA.
    Last edited by mrCide; 02-25-2003 at 07:12 PM.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    are you swabbing the spot with an alcohol wipe before hitting it? i found that i would get red marks from injects if i didn't properly clean the area before and after shooting. does the muscle hurt itself? or is it only on the surface like an abrasion would hurt?

if you are going to the doctor then i wouldn't inject...you aren't going to see great results with the dosage you are running anyway even if you continued. save the gear.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    QV isnt dirty gear, IMO its the closet to human grade mexico has to offer.

to be honest if i stop i'm not going to start again..

but i did swab before, afterwards i cleaned with a bare cotton swab.. (stupid mistake?).. but its not just on the surface i feel it in my muscle..

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    you were right in thinking it's probably an infection or allergic reaction. if it gets any worse or starts weeping puss then i'd go to the docs.

IMO blunt pins never cause that obvious a reaction - only a minor reaction.

Slypknot is offline Member
    I had the exact same problem - only it was with shooting winny (my first time).... stung a little when I shot it but then within a few days GOOD GOD - thing swelled up, was all red, hurt like a mutha... the Sust and Deca had no probs with.

In my case (maybe not same as yours) I believe it was the Winny - shit is hard going in due to it being water based.

But what worked for me? LEAVE IT ALONE. I tried massages, sitting directly in front of a jet in my spa, icing it, heat pads, etc...

Bottom line - I just left it alone...figured if it started oozing I'd get help but otherwise it might just be 'one of those things'. It took about 3-4 weeks to shrink down to the size of a ping pong ball and now it's gone (5 weeks later).... so give it time, don't panic and just keep your eye on it.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    i had the same problem shooting deca and sust. felt like a golf ball was in my quad. I just sucked it up and got used to it.

update.. well, after taking one last shot (was extra careful), and it immediately getting red/sore today/yesterday, i have 2 infections according to mr doctor who was nice about it and didnt write anything down... gave me anti-b's for 2 weeks said itll clear them up, and going to do a full blood test at the followup to make sure everything is ok (test will be low so maybe he'l lgive me something, told me not to take clomid).. he said he'd take care of anything.. glad i have an understanding doctor... pissed about the crap juice.

CaliFella is offline Associate Member
    a 250mg week deca only cycle is pointless to begin with bro. Also deca shouldnt hurt that much either.

right, which is why this isnt just soreness and its infections

Thread Information