Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Hypothalamus, testosterone, and the feedback mechanism......

(not sure if this the right area for this question....?)

This may be a little out there, but I'm going to bring it up anyways.

You know, we take testosterone for a variety of reasons. Me, I take it to bring me to an optimal level. But we all take it exogenously if we want to surpass our "pre-set" normal levels as determined by the hypothalamus. There are certain products you can inject that can temporarily increase your normal production levels, but in the end, you reach that frustrating point of diminishing returns, and ultimately, your test levels will reduce and fall within it's own "normal" range.

Let me use an analogy, then I'll get to my point. If a body's test production system is "Like" a heating system in a house, at present, what we do is get a bigger heater, and just pump in more heat, by passing the existing heating system that came with the house. And since the add-on heater is so much more effective, ultimately, the existing system becomes moot and gets turned off.

In this analogy, it would have been much more efficient if we just simply turned up the thermostat if we wanted more heat. No need for additional heaters.

My question is this. Does anyone know if there has been any research or studies on how to get the hypothalamus to change (or increase) it's "preset" test levels as they normally would be in the feedback loop? (Like how we can improve the thyroids's efficiency levels)

I think if we ever figure this out, alot of what we do becomes safer, and more natural.

Anyone?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Read my PCT thread.

Clue: Naltrexone

Its a decent theory, but I dont know how applicable it is.

There are a number of herbs (Fadogia Agrestis, DAA) that claim to increase endogenous LH, which fits your analogy. Infact, SERMs and AI's also fit your analogy as they also increase endogenous LH, FSH output by first increasing endogenous GnRH.

But to put it bluntly, there is nothing concrete that is effective enough to increase endogenous ganadotropins to get total T levels anywhere near supraphysiological levels.

The hypothalamus and pituitary are not usually the problem in HPTA restoration, the testes are. Thats where HCG comes in. I have posted an article and studies by W Llewellyn that shows endogenous LH and FSH returned to baseline in a number of DAYS post AAS use.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    It seems I have more research to do. In the end, I'm on trt, so I'll have to consider that as well. Thanks!

edenhome is offline New Member

edenhome

I am a 63 yo male and I have been taking topical testosterone for some years now, with saw palmeto and zinc support.

It recently came to my attention that HCG , which my partner was using for weight loss, also has the effect of resetting the testosterone levels that the hypothalamus controls. So I am considering stopping the topical application, doing a bit of weight loss (5kg) and resetting my testosterone levels that way.

I note you mention a post re this, could not find!

Could you repost please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Read my PCT thread.

Clue: Naltrexone

Its a decent theory, but I dont know how applicable it is.

There are a number of herbs (Fadogia Agrestis, DAA) that claim to increase endogenous LH, which fits your analogy. Infact, SERMs and AI's also fit your analogy as they also increase endogenous LH, FSH output by first increasing endogenous GnRH.

But to put it bluntly, there is nothing concrete that is effective enough to increase endogenous ganadotropins to get total T levels anywhere near supraphysiological levels.

The hypothalamus and pituitary are not usually the problem in HPTA restoration, the testes are. Thats where HCG comes in. I have posted an article and studies by W Llewellyn that shows endogenous LH and FSH returned to baseline in a number of DAYS post AAS use.

Thread Information