DiMensionX is offline Member

HGH, Slin, & Blood Glucose Monitoring - Ironmaster's Opinions Welcomed

Ok, so I mentioned this a while back, since have gone and bought a Glucose monitor.

What I am wondering is what is the optimum Blood Sugar levels for a lifter, specifically what is a "target" range to shoot for when taking say, 2.25IU's of GH and say 10IU's of Humalog together, twice a day, in the morning and after the gym.

A "Normal" blood sugar level is typically below 120. Mine drop's to around 70-80 regularly, below 70 and I start knowing it from the Hypo symptoms that just start to come on.

Now, following the recommended 10G of Carbs for each IU of Slin seems SOOOO inappropriate for doing Slin. EVERYONE is different, and process sugar differently. Now, when using Slin your not trying to get your natural insulin production "spiked" with sugar to cram the Nutrients into your muscle cells, after all we are shooting a good amount of it ourselves.

So, based on this trying out the 10g of carbs for each IU of slin and I kick it up to ~170ish on the meter. That's not really a "Bad" number for an "after meal" reading. But, it seems to me that if I do not suffer Hypo symptom's until below 70 then I could eliminate some carbs with my slin use while cutting.

Does it not make more since to have your blood sugars stay ~100 when cutting? If they dip then you pop some glucose tabs. In NO way am I suggesting that everyone try this, I'm just curious why since we are taking this possible risk we are not doing accurate research and sharing it with one another.

Any opinions?

Shawn

Bump

Bump

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    What is the lowest amount of carbs/IU that you have gone to so far? I know some people cut it as close as 3-4g/IU but thats too risky IMO.

I've gone to 5G so far and it stayed in check, I do not think it's overly risky if your taking your sugar levels as much as I am. I check 4x an hour when I testing this!

S

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    If you are taking adequate precautions then yes, I don't see any problem with running 5g/IU as long as you make sure you have some glucose tabs on hand. I believe the reason the general rule of thumb is 10g/IU of carbs is because until you know how your body reacts, you are at least relatively safe at 10g/IU. I haven't heard of anyone dying or going hypo at 10g/IU but I've heard of many cases of hypo at lower ratios of carbs/IU.

Yea, and I'm the first to admit that excercise REALLY can swing your usage around!

S

Thread Information