10InchMember is offline New Member

Critique my first cycle please

Hi all,
    I am 21 years old and I am about to start my first cycle. Taking the advice of some people on some other boards, I will be using test enanthate , eq, and dbol .

What do you all think about this for a first cycle? I have done quite a bit of research on this stuff, but would still like any suggestions/comments you can offer.

Thanks

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    how much are you planning on running and for how long?

was gonna do the test @ 400mgs per week, eq @ 400mgs per week, both for 10 weeks. dbol @ 35mgs / day for the first 4 weeks then off.

I am at about 18% BF right now, so looking to burn the flab from my gut, and add some mass.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by 10InchMember
    was gonna do the test @ 400mgs per week, eq @ 400mgs per week, both for 10 weeks. dbol @ 35mgs / day for the first 4 weeks then off.

I am at about 18% BF right now, so looking to burn the flab from my gut, and add some mass.
    That is a fairly good cycle bro. Most beginners try something along those lines. Run that and see how your body reacts to it. You might want to increase the duration of the EQ. It has been known to work better if taken longer, for example 12-14 weeks.

sd11 is offline Banned
    Looks ok but I would take both the test and eq for 12 weeks and up the test 100mg.

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Didn,t see any clomid or nolvedex in there.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by sd11
    Looks ok but I would take both the test and eq for 12 weeks and up the test 100mg.

I personally think that the first cycle should be tailored for the person's experience with AAS. 400 mg test/wk is the way to go, don't raise it.

sd11 is offline Banned
    So Rampage... your saying that 400mg ew is the gold standard for a first cycle?

daem is offline Anabolic Member

first you should

take what jammergsxr said about anti-e's and put it to work. no cycle would be complete without them...unless you don't mind gyno or seeing gains dwindle away

Big_BoneZ is offline Associate Member
    Full Intensity, MY back is exactly same as yours - big shoulders, and work needed on traps - ditto

how much do u weigh man?

I am at 205 and 17" arms

How should I run the novaldex and clomid? I have read alot about both, and did plan to do the clomid. Is there a need for both? Whats the best way to use them with this cycle?

Thanks

Bulldog5.0 is offline Junior Member
    10"-
    Have you considered substituting prop for d-bol? For my first cycle I was planning to run:
    1-4 d-bol 30 mg ed
    1-12 enenthate 400mg/wk
    1-12 EQ or deca 400 mg/wk

but the more I read the less I liked d-bol versus prop as a "kickstarter". Prop seems to have similar benefits without nuking your liver. I've never used aas though- I'm just going off what I've read on this forum and others. Anywho, I plan to substitute 1-6 prop 50mg/day for the d-bol.
    Just a thought.

Originally posted by sd11
    So Rampage... your saying that 400mg ew is the gold standard for a first cycle?
    I'm saying that starting at 500 mg wk would mean that his sucessive cycles would take more to acheive the same effectiveness. I don't see why a firsttimer would burn out his receptors on a higher dose than he would most likely respond to. Obviously, there is no exact standard, but the accepted one is to take the least amount necessary for the gains.

Originally posted by Bulldog5.0
    10"-
    Have you considered substituting prop for d-bol? For my first cycle I was planning to run:
    1-4 d-bol 30 mg ed
    1-12 enenthate 400mg/wk
    1-12 EQ or deca 400 mg/wk

but the more I read the less I liked d-bol versus prop as a "kickstarter". Prop seems to have similar benefits without nuking your liver. I've never used aas though- I'm just going off what I've read on this forum and others. Anywho, I plan to substitute 1-6 prop 50mg/day for the d-bol.
    Just a thought.
    Keep in mind that ED injections are a bitch. Your probably gonna end up hitting the quads, glutes, and probably another spot. Also, prop will make ya hurt! Prop can be taken EOD, and there probably isn't a significant benefit to making it ED imho. And 6 weeks is a little long to use prop for a kickstarter. You'll be feeling your gear within 4, so I'd drop it down to 4 weeks if you choose to do that.

Thanks for the info. I will consider my options.

Can someone respond to my clomid / novaldex question?

Thanks

sd11 is offline Banned
    Well Rampage I agree that taking the least amount of aas possible to achieve gains is the best idea.As far as your theory that once you have taken a certain dose you will need to take more to achieve the same effectiveness, I would disagree. Thats kind of like saying if you have ever done dose X then doing less than dose X will do nothing for you. I think the reason we (users of aas) need higher doses over time isn't because a particular dose stopped working (that would be like saying your immune to 500mg of test because you've used it before), rather it's beacuse of the increase in body mass imo. I do agree that effectiveness will definitely down grade if you stay at the same dose time after time, but I've known many of users who have used the same test base for their first couple of cycles and had great results on them all. This guy isn't going to "burn out his recpetors" like you say by starting at 500mg I'm sure he would still see great results with that dose on a second cycle.

Ok now that we have that out of the way, can we get back on topic? Just trying to get some answers so I can begin my first cycle.

Thanks again

hammerhead is offline Member
    Run the clomid at 300 mgs the first day then 100mg/day for the next 3 weeks starting - honestly - about 4 or 5 weeks after your last shot of Eq. Alot of people on this board are going to say 3 weeks after your last shot but for me - my second cycle was a washout because of that. It took almost 6 weeks for the eq to clear my system and I was done with the clomid when it wore off - i.e. I wasted the clomid.

You can run Nolvadex at 20 mg/day instead of the clomid and get the same results.

As long as you run proviron or liquidex with this cycle you shouldn't need nolvadex to block gyno - of course it's always a good idea to keep some handy just in case. If you start getting gyno hit the nolvadex 20 mg/day.

If your balls shrink up badly during the cycle bump some HCG in the middle and/or the end to keep the size up.

That's the perfect first cycle bro. You'll love it!

sd11 is offline Banned
    Well 10inch it kind of was on topic, for the fact that we were debating a dose for your cycle, anyway if you feel that we messed with your thread sorry! As for your question, do some research, you claim to have read a lot on clomid and nolva, which I doubt because you would have been able to answer this yourself!

hammerhead is offline Member
    I just noticed you don't have proviron or liquidex?

Bro - get some proviron - it's dirt cheap - I pay like $50 for a hundred of them - and take one a day for the whole cycle. You might need more - 1 is enough for me. Of course if you have to take 2 or 3 proviron a day you'd might as well go ahead and get liquidex or arimidex because you'd be spending enough money on the proviron to buy that instead - and it's better.

Hey bros,
    My gear is on the way. I have dropped the EQ all together because of price, but this shouldnt affect me too much.

I have a few more questions though.............

Right now I am running a 3 day split that looks like this:

Monday: Chest / Back
    Wednesday: Legs
    Thurs: bis, tris, and shoulders

Sat, sun, and tues I usually do about 15 mins of cardio (HIIT)

Doing all heavy compound movements and pushing as much weight as I can. I am taking in 1 gram of pr0tein per lb of bodyweight, and around 2500 calories right now (i am 190lb).

When I start my cycle.........
    I was going to up pr0tein to 1 1/2 gram per lb
    Up calories to 3500-4000

But what about training? Should I stick with a 3 day split, or try to hit the weights more often? I am also taking creati/\/e on workout days,.,.. should I keep taking it or ditch it? What about other supps?

I am wanting to go for max gains, and some fat loss too. I am currently 18% bf

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by 10InchMember; 02-24-2003 at 12:18 AM.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    i would run a 5 day split.

monday- chest
    tues- biceps, calves
    weds - legs
    thurs- tris, shoulders
    friday- back

sat & sun off.

thats worked well for me in the past...

Thread Information