• After each cycle

2 11.11%
  • Before, during and after a cycle

0 0%
  • Never...I don't think it's neccessary , I'm young

9 50.00%
    Ozzy is offline Senior Member

How many of you have blood work done ?

Just curious if people are taking precautions !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many of you have blood work done ?-gymrat2.jpg  

I get test after each cycle but I'm going to start getting tested before too.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I get tested 2x a year not including on cycle. On cycle I get monitored every three weeks.

Originally posted by Pheedno
    I get tested 2x a year not including on cycle. On cycle I get monitored every three weeks.
    Bro , clear something up for me......I was told not to tell my Doc about juicing cause it could fuck up my chances for getting life Insurance , this isn't true is it ? Because I want to tell my Doc in the worst way so I'm on top of my health , but I'm not sure how he'll react ! I usually would go in and get the basic blood test for liver enzymes ldl , hdl etc. Please help !

Originally posted by Ozzy
    Bro , clear something up for me......I was told not to tell my Doc about juicing cause it could fuck up my chances for getting life Insurance , this isn't true is it ? Because I want to tell my Doc in the worst way so I'm on top of my health , but I'm not sure how he'll react ! I usually would go in and get the basic blood test for liver enzymes ldl , hdl etc. Please help !

Well we have a very long relationship. I've been going to her for about 15yrs.
    I first went to her on cycle with worries of gyno and she asked if I used. I confessed and went over a few points of research with her to let her know I wasn't a fool. I asked her not to note my use in the chart for insurance reasons as well as litigation worries down the road(if that problem ever occurs)
    She said the only way she would not note it is if I agreed to be monitored closely by her. Which I wasn't complaining, I was wanting to do that anyway. We agreed on every 3wks and it's been like that ever since.
    The key is to find an open minded physician who knows that doctors aren't the only educated individuals on the planet. I got lucky, my doctor and I have been fairly close since my early years and she knows I'm a smart individual who's going to double check the facts before I jump into anything.

Slypknot is offline Member
    Whew! Glad I read this post - I am booking an apt now for some bloodwork and wasn't sure if I should tell my doc upfront or not...guess, for insurance reasons, I'll be 'making something up'....

Originally posted by Slypknot
    Whew! Glad I read this post - I am booking an apt now for some bloodwork and wasn't sure if I should tell my doc upfront or not...guess, for insurance reasons, I'll be 'making something up'....

Well, you might be found out anyway bro. I hate to say it but depending on how your body reacts to the gear, your levels may tell the tale without you mentioning a word. Liver/Kidney values could be elevated high, Test levels might be out of whack, glucose levels, and the list goes on. Now Take me for isntance, the only telling test result was test levels. All others were as good as it gets. My LDL was a little of to but not in great amounts.
    So when you results get back, your doc might be asking some questions why theses levels may be screwed and try to figure out what steps to take. If this occurs, it would be a good idea to come clean and start making your case to your doc. Even if they do not approve, if you ask, they will probably exclude your use from your chart.

NoLimits is offline Member
    I was going to say... if you get your blood work done on a consistent basis, your doctor will know you use. I too talk to my doctor about my usage and monitor my blood work and blood pressure throughout the year. And like Pheedno said, my usage is not recorded in my medical records.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Since i get my gear scrips from my doc i have to get it done twice a year!

Originally posted by NoLimits
    I was going to say... if you get your blood work done on a consistent basis, your doctor will know you use. I too talk to my doctor about my usage and monitor my blood work and blood pressure throughout the year. And like Pheedno said, my usage is not recorded in my medical records.
    I always thought they had to put that on your chart in case of an emergency

Lift Chief is offline Member
    There was a good post on elite about this. The guy who posted said along with making sure your doc doesn't note that you're using steroids - you also have to make sure they don't record the test results in your file. If they do you could have big problems with insurance down the road even if there is no note or steroid use .

He said to ask your doctor to send the test materials in anonymously.

Also ask your doctor beforehand: If i have something confidential that i need kept out of my records, along with getting anonymous tests, can you respect this wish?... something like that... more exhaustive post on elite.

Originally posted by Lift Chief
    There was a good post on elite about this. The guy who posted said along with making sure your doc doesn't note that you're using steroids - you also have to make sure they don't record the test results in your file. If they do you could have big problems with insurance down the road even if there is no note or steroid use .

He said to ask your doctor to send the test materials in anonymously.

Also ask your doctor beforehand: If i have something confidential that i need kept out of my records, along with getting anonymous tests, can you respect this wish?... something like that... more exhaustive post on elite.
    See if you can find it bro.... and I'll look also ....Thanks

Thread Information