m16a2 is offline Senior Member

Question about Bloodwork: FSH/Testosterone Levels

I don't know if some of you guys remember, but I was on here about a month ago reporting my bloodwork results. Here's a recap...

Cycle started in October, ended on Dec 10th
    My cycle was Test 400-600mg/wk and Deca 300-400/wk it shifted around due to some gear issues.

The cycle ran for about 11 wks and I started clomid 3 weeks after the last shot. The clomid ended around the 12-16th of January I think, and I had my blood taken on 1/24 and got the results

(By the way, I'm 20 YRS old)
    TESTOSTERONE , TOT+FR

TOTAL TESTOSTERONE 130 NG/DL
    (AVERAGES) MALES
    20-49 YRS 286-1511 NG/DL
    >50 YRS 212-742 NG/DL

FREE TESTOSTERONE 0.25 NG/DL
    REFERENCE INTERVAL
    ADULT MALES: 0.69 - 2.14 NG/DL

-----

Ok, so I just got back from the doctor's office, and I had my bloodwork redone, this time Total/Free Testosterone and FSH

Today's date is 2/25, and the first bloodwork was done 1/24. Today is around 2.5 months after my cycle ended while the original bloodwork was about 1.5 months after it ended. Will my test levels be normalized by now? I told the doctor that I was using a pro-hormone and it boosted test levels, and it should be normal by now. The story worked and prevented me from being referred to an endocrinologist. But anyways, if my levels aren't normal by NOW, then the doc is gonna probably refer me.

Any feedback is welcome.

Come on people, I know someone has some knowledge on this subject

NoLimits is offline Member
    What's normal for you? Did you have a total test level check prior to your cycle? I would think that one and a half months should get you pretty close to your natural test levels. But remember, it takes some longer to recover. This is where having a base level to compare too is crucial to really tell your story.

Yeah, I wish I did have a base level, but I don't. That would have been a great idea before I started anything. Considering what a menace deca is, I am thinking that it might take longer for me to recover than normal. But, by now, I should be fine, right?

bump for a good bro! (me)

Well, I guess even with this pool of knowledge and experience, no one can help.
    BUT one last bump!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think you will have recovered by now unless you were using a heavy deca cycle then sometimes it can take a while. Make sure the endo you go to knows a lot about hormone replacement and Bodybuilding if possible. It makes a big difference in terms of your care and experience with your doctor if it becomes necessary. You will recover naturally eventually even if it takes a while so I wouldn't panic and jump on a year around replacement treatment at your age.

Rickson, thanks for the feedback. What I was wondering is why the clomid didn't help? Even if it helped, it didn't help very much it would appear. I am hoping that my test levels will have normalized by now, but my last deca shot was on DEC 9th and it was only 100mg. I was running deca at 600/wk for about 3 wks during the cycle at the end, and 300-400 in the first 7 weeks. The 11th week was only test.

So, the results of the bloodtest I just got taken should be much higher than 130 right? I'm hoping for 300 at least!

Thread Information