rambo is offline The Lord God

Angry My kidneys are killing me...

In my 3rd week of winny/eq cycle with eq at 400mg. 300gm protein and 150 gms carb daily, running glutamine at 15gms, eca in morning and pre-afternoon workout, drinking tons of water, but my kidneys are constantly in pain. I know im not overhydrating...and this all started last week. I've seen nothing that would indicate eq as the culprit. Any help would REALLY be appreciated.

dansteelman is offline Member
    Have you tried cranberry juice or extract?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Probably just core water retention - which can be confused for kidney pain. I got some pretty good core water retention from Equipoise . First approach is to just try and limit excess carbs (especially late at night), otherwise high GI carbs and eat clean.

I'm cutting right now, the sugar wont help... I'm just baffled about this and even though i know the cranberry will cleanse somewhat, I'm gonna try and avoid it unless absolutely nothing else will work.

Originally posted by rambo
    I'm cutting right now, the sugar wont help...
    I hope you didn't think I meant to eat sugar if so, that is NOT what I said. I gave you options to limit water gain via diet... and adding sugars obviously is not the way to do it.

If you are cutting and on low overall carbs - you should be holding less water now anyhoo... but aaah, yeah... I'll stick with my first post, if you read it right...

Also heard it could be back pumps...not sure exactly what that constitutes or what it's duration is. Thanks for the responses so far.

Make sure you take in healthy fats with ever meal too - they buffer insulin release for less of a carb spike that could lead to excess water. Crabs = water... which is easily seen in keto diets... What's the first to go? - Water weight. Carbs add water - and in excess while on AAS will add water to your core.

Also heard it could be back pumps...not sure exactly what that constitutes or what it's duration is. Thanks for the responses so far.
    That's what I am getting at guy Short-term hypertrophy (the pump) is really based on extra fluids...

Sorry about that warrior, i keep responding before i read your next post because for some reason i could not see them till now. I was talking about sugar because dansteelman recommended cranberry, but other than that no i am not retaining much water do to my limited carbs. When can i expect for the retention to subside-don't mean to sound like a wuss but i sit for 8 hours a day and I'm sick of squirming around ... people probably look over and think I'm horribly constipated

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    Are you sure you are able to differentiate true kidney pain from lower back pain? Sometimes it can be hard. Surefire way to find out is to get your kidney function test done. Alot of times it is just muscle related, especially when dealing with AAS. But not always (remember this). How is your blood pressure? Any signs of nausea/vomiting, lethargy etc?

I've been really lethargic lately outside of my workouts, and woke up with nausea and pain this morning but the nausea passed...
    I'm gonna give it some time and if it persists I'll get some work done.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I've been really lethargic lately outside of my workouts, and woke up with nausea and pain this morning but the nausea passed...
    I'm gonna give it some time and if it persists I'll get some work done.
    I've had that and mine were kidney pains. Cranberry cleared it right up. Also you might want to up your water consumption. Whether its kidney or back pumps water will help. I found 2 gallons ed to work for me.

Also the lethargy is more than likely due to diet. You said your cutting and I'm assuming both carbs and calories are low. This will make you lethargic. Might want to try an ECA. Not only will it pep you up a little but it will help to curb your appetite

What other sups are you on that might dehydrate you or lead to your body wanting to store water? ECA, Clen , Creatine, ...?

Are you taking the basics like Vitamin C (w/Rose Hips and natural sources... 2 grams per day), Multi Vits, ... ? These are powerful antioxidents and aid in every process your body goes through. If you are not taking this stuff for good nutrition - start now. Timed-release and natural forms (rather than synethtics like dl- vs d- for vitamin E) are the best options for vitamins - your body absorbs them better.

If you are feeling this the entire day - it is probably kidneys rather than a core build up of fluids. For me - the lower back stiffness came and went... most of the time just in the gym.

Thread Information