mastercyclist is offline New Member

Cyclist needing Guidance...

Hi,i am new to this site,I'm a Master cylist ,55y. ,5'7 , 10% body fat, 145 pounds,15 y. of Bodybuilding and 35 y. of Bicycling Racing .
    I've never used Steroids , I " Need Guidance " and help for selecting Steroids for Strenght and Endurance for bicycling sports.
    Any support would be very welcome .

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No offence dude but saying you are a bodybuilder and a cyclist in the same paragraph is kind of a contradiction. I am a 55 yr old and used to race road bikes back when I was in my late teens and early 20s back then the only part of me that was even in the same zip code as a body builder were my calves and quads the rest of my spindly ass was kinda lightwieght. That said what are your goals in cycling I assume you are in a masters division and judging by your wieght I would guess you are a road cyclist? If that is the case then testosterone will help you increase you strength without killing your cardio and EPO will help you carry lots of oxygen to you muscles.

At our age the usage of any steroid should be analyzed before starting (I congradulate you on this, I was not so smart I just started using Tren <>kills cardio and Test with no blood work so I have no idea what my baseline was) what you would be wise to do is to get bloodwork done and see if your Test levels are below optimal ( which is likely at 55) at that point you need to step back and decide whether you wish to go on TRT/HRT therapy full time. You see the problem is if you use AAS you will have to pay the fidler after you stop so your test levels will be lower than they were before you did your cycle, while this is not as big a deal for someone looking to gain lean muscle for someone who is trying to compete for months at a time any decrease in base testosterone level will negate whatever gains you saw while on cycle. I guess you can see where I am going with this unless you wish to use for a couple of months during the season and sacrifice the rest of the season then your only real choice will be TRT or ( I am not sure if this is done, but it may be) using for just a week of two before and during a couple of key races each year.

Anyway maybe others with more knowlege can chime in but since your my age and also a cyclist I had to chime in.

By the way if you are not tested and money is no object then a combination of testosterone, growth hormone and EPO would probably be right up your alley and if you are a track sprinter then cheque drops would probably be beneficial.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    @ 55 you are a prime candidate for TRT.
    Suggest you get your testosterone levels checked.

jamix2010 is offline New Member
    Have you considered Epo?

Steroids effectiveness for your purposes may be limited.

Thank you for this great info . NO , i am not a '' Bodybuilder '' i am more working for a lean and fit body ,i do 2 full bodyworkout weekly and i focus on my core 5 days a week a week .
    Yes i do very well in road racing , but Time Trial is were i am very strong.
    I have been thinking about " EPO " ,BUT TO MANNY PROBLEMS IN YOUNG CYCLIST with Heart attacks and with my age .... also it's expensive.
    W

Thank you for your info . I did think about " EPO " but it's expensif and they has been to manny problems with young cyclists and Heart Attacks .
    I will look into Testosterones .
    What is " TRT & HRT " ???
    NO , i am nto a '' Bodybuilder '' but a do work out at Gold's 5 days a week to stay fit ,and i focus on my '' Core '' .
    I am a very good road racer ,but i am even a better in Time Trial.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    TRT is Testosterone Replacement Therapy.

You can ask questions and find more information here: http://forums.steroid.com/forumdispl...ative-Medicine

Forest is offline Junior Member
    Hey Mastercyclist...I too race bikes and have experimented with steriods in the past with mixed results. I am presently on TRT primarily due to past AS use, but in the early stages of fine tuning my dosage. Unlike you, I am a bigger cyclist (6'2 210 lbs) and as funny as it may sound, enjoy body building, crossfit and rugby. In my experience there are some steriods which may provide added strength but at the cost of extra body weight and reduced cardio capacity. I wish I knew more about this...perhaps others?

My experience with Winny and Anavar were both good for strength and weight loss, but I kinda felt like they could have been limiting my cardio. This is obviously very important to determine> Lastly, so far, my TRT script appears to have increased my cardio while providing a minimal gain in strength and weight loss. My 2 cents. Good luck.

Thank"s ,i will look at TRT and see if i want to give it a try ...

goinglong is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mastercyclist View Post
    Hi,i am new to this site,I'm a Master cylist ,55y. ,5'7 , 10% body fat, 145 pounds,15 y. of Bodybuilding and 35 y. of Bicycling Racing .
    I've never used Steroids , I " Need Guidance " and help for selecting Steroids for Strenght and Endurance for bicycling sports.
    Any support would be very welcome .
    mastercyclist,

I hear you. I was doing a bunch of research about this time last year on here regarding the same things. I'm a bit younger and have been participating in endurance multisports for over 10 years. I was getting tired of falling off the back when the roads tilted upwards but could keep up with anyone on the flats and roulers.

I, too, am hesitant about EPO but that is only because I haven't armed myself with the proper information. Take a look at some of BJJ's posts. He has some pretty useful information on enhancing strength and endurance. Here is a good start:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...Erythropoietin

Last summer I went with an Anavar cycle and PCT and was very happy with my results. I demolished all my personal goals regarding strength, endurance, speed, fat loss, maintaining weight and better physique. I need to attribute my personal accomplishments not only to the Anavar and hard training but also to the things away from training like resting and diet. There is so much to learn on this site so take your time and look around. You will see new perspectives on how to achieve goals of all types.

I am planning a new cycle of eq and test along with a good PCT. The dosages are modest for the usual suspects on this site but, often, my goals are different than theirs.

Take care, be safe and good luck achieving your goals.

Goinlong...did you choose Equipoise due to its ability to raise RBC's? What is your weekly dose? Is the Test being added to mitigate hormone suppression?

Mastercyclist,

As I stated innitially TRT will be your best course of action, as long as you limit you calories to suit your training which I am sure as a cyclist you are very familiar with you will not gain a lot of wieght or extra muscle which would (if gained) reduce your edurance both due to the cardiovascular system, as well as you alimentary tract having to support the load ( To those unfamiliar the bodies ability to get nutrients into play is a big deal in stage racing or even long single day events). Both Test and Growth (hormones) will also help you with your endurace and recovery. Does Test work in a time trial? I don't know there was a guy with one testical (who surely had to take supplemental testosterone he just had to stay within the UCI's accepted levels) who did fairly well in some ITT's LOL

Good luck and look at TRT and possibly Growth ( but only if you are sure its legit and only in low doses).

FFM
    Last edited by Far from massive; 12-30-2010 at 11:37 AM.

jamix2010 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Mastercyclist,

As I stated innitially TRT will be your best course of action, as long as you limit you calories to suit your training which I am sure as a cyclist you are very familiar with you will not gain a lot of wieght or extra muscle which would (if gained) reduce your edurance both due to the cardiovascular system, as well as you alimentary tract having to support the load ( To those unfamiliar the bodies ability to get nutrients into play is a big deal in stage racing or even long single day events). Both Test and Growth (hormones) will also help you with your endurace and recovery. Does Test work in a time trial? I don't know there was a guy with one testical (who surely had to take supplemental testosterone he just had to stay within the UCI's accepted levels) who did fairly well in some ITT's LOL

Good luck and look at TRT and possibly Growth ( but only if you are sure its legit and only in low doses).

FFM
    You should see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HGH_tre...ic_enhancement

HGH doesn't appear to enhance performance and can in fact hinder gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest View Post
    Goinlong...did you choose Equipoise due to its ability to raise RBC's? What is your weekly dose? Is the Test being added to mitigate hormone suppression?
    That is the exact reason I have been planning Eq and I am adding test because of suppression. Along with the BRC increase from the EQ, there will be some RBC increase from the test, also.
    Weeks 1-12: EQ 500mg/wk, Test C 300mg/wk
    Weeks 9-12: HCG 1000mg/wk
    PCT is Nolva and Clomid and an AI on hand just in case.

Apologies for the unintentional hijacked thread, mastercyclist.

Wow...!! thank you very much to every one , this is a lot of info, i really appreciate your input and knowledge .I will give a very good try to both Test. and Growth. ,i will let you know how it is working after a cycle.YES...You can hijack this thread any time ...Lol.

'' Bonne Annee' et Bonne Santee' '' ( Happy New Year ) 2011 to you all and your Love one ....
    Ride Hard...

Quote Originally Posted by goinglong View Post
    That is the exact reason I have been planning Eq and I am adding test because of suppression. Along with the BRC increase from the EQ, there will be some RBC increase from the test, also.
    Weeks 1-12: EQ 500mg/wk, Test C 300mg/wk
    Weeks 9-12: HCG 1000mg/wk
    PCT is Nolva and Clomid and an AI on hand just in case.

Apologies for the unintentional hijacked thread, mastercyclist.
    Are you working with a Doctor or trainer on your above script? Just wondering how you have determined the mimimum amount of drug for the maximum benefit.

Neither. I'm on my own with this.

layeazy is offline Banned
    I thought being a mastercyclist you would of come into contact with stanzanol that's pretty popular with you guys lol

I had to google stanzanol " Winstrol " ,yes i had heard and read about it , but i am not sure that would be the right choice ,that why i'm here asking for help.
    I did think about " Anavar " .
    If i was choosing Anavar or Winstrol , what can i " stack " with ???
    Is there ANY difference between Anavar & Wintrol , except for the price ??

'' Happy New Year "

layeazy is offline Banned
    What you were doing earlier with running test is best however i just mentioned winstrol because all you cyclists lol are taking the stuff. i watching docomentary about steroids and the doctor reckons you can win the tour de france without the use of anabolics lol

jspicoli is offline New Member
    Have you made any decisions yet regarding the Anavar ?? I'm 35 and haven't been able to fully bounce back from a shoulder injury (getting older sucks). Leaning forward to my handle bars puts pressure on my brachial plexus causing pain down the injured arm which is an annoyance (the physio is working on it) but I am having trouble generating strength out of the weaker side which is killing me in the pool and I have a swim test coming up. I want to boost the muscle/strength production without bulking up and was also thinking about using Anavar. I don't have much experience with AS except sustanon back when I was playing ball in University but nothing since. Still in the research phase for me and no trainers or team-mates to get me the gear but I'd be interested to hear what you decide to go with and if it is helping you stay competitive with the younger riders.

MasterC,

I don't think adding Var would be a bad idea, although I am still a fan of test for its all around balance and health healing benefits. But I would definately stay clear of Winny..as it causes tendon and joint pain in many who use it, although there are conflicting reports about its affect on tendons. Still I had a tear in the achilles once at a young age when I was cycling, and if I was still riding I would not consider anything that could cause that type of problem now.

depfife is offline Associate Member
    I am 50y.o. and have used EPO for distance running...for about 3 years... It is completely safe if you know how to use it... and no more expensive than a steroid cycle..People who say Erythropoietin is bad/dangerous know very little about how to use it. The cyclists who died back in the 70's Essentially OD'ed on the stuff... Very little was known about EPO back then..

Quote Originally Posted by mastercyclist View Post
    Thank you for your info . I did think about " EPO " but it's expensif and they has been to manny problems with young cyclists and Heart Attacks .
    I will look into Testosterones .
    What is " TRT & HRT " ???
    NO , i am nto a '' Bodybuilder '' but a do work out at Gold's 5 days a week to stay fit ,and i focus on my '' Core '' .
    I am a very good road racer ,but i am even a better in Time Trial.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    epo can be dangerous. it raises hemocrit levels..which "thickens" the blood...then as an athlete, especially any endurance athlete, begins to dehydrate..water is pulled from the blood...creating even "thicker" blood..clogging capillaries and dangerously raising blood pressure - obviously a potentially dangerous situation especially at the time the body is undertaking a strenuous activity and may already be taxed to the max.. Id be cautious..i mean seriously..is this how you pay your bills..or just a hobby ? just my $.02 ....

Thank you very much for your expertise and concerns ,BUT I will Not use " EPO " ,i am very competitive and push myself to the max , i do not want to take a chance with Epo . But i will give a good try at " Anavar " and maybe ad test later or in my #2 cycle .
    I will post my weekly results with Anavar ( 1 st cycle) with my training and improvement ,i keep a Daily training & racing log.
    Please , keep posted your criticisms and ideas. .....
    Be safe, Ride Hard.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^best of luck - keep us posted as u said

I would think an Anavar + Test (200mg/wk) would be a good cycle for a rider. Little aromitizing, low water retention, good on the joints, and pretty good results. I have my MMA athletes do this cycle with really good results.

depfife is offline Associate Member
    Drinking too much water can also be dangerous!! Erythropoietin is VERY safe if used correctly!!! Please read http://www.rajeun.net/bicycle.html if you want to be informed about cycling and EPO.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    epo can be dangerous. it raises hemocrit levels..which "thickens" the blood...then as an athlete, especially any endurance athlete, begins to dehydrate..water is pulled from the blood...creating even "thicker" blood..clogging capillaries and dangerously raising blood pressure - obviously a potentially dangerous situation especially at the time the body is undertaking a strenuous activity and may already be taxed to the max.. Id be cautious..i mean seriously..is this how you pay your bills..or just a hobby ? just my $.02 ....

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    No offence dude but saying you are a bodybuilder and a cyclist in the same paragraph is kind of a contradiction. I am a 55 yr old and used to race road bikes back when I was in my late teens and early 20s back then the only part of me that was even in the same zip code as a body builder were my calves and quads the rest of my spindly ass was kinda lightwieght. That said what are your goals in cycling I assume you are in a masters division and judging by your wieght I would guess you are a road cyclist? If that is the case then testosterone will help you increase you strength without killing your cardio and EPO will help you carry lots of oxygen to you muscles.

At our age the usage of any steroid should be analyzed before starting (I congradulate you on this, I was not so smart I just started using Tren <>kills cardio and Test with no blood work so I have no idea what my baseline was) what you would be wise to do is to get bloodwork done and see if your Test levels are below optimal ( which is likely at 55) at that point you need to step back and decide whether you wish to go on TRT/HRT therapy full time. You see the problem is if you use AAS you will have to pay the fidler after you stop so your test levels will be lower than they were before you did your cycle, while this is not as big a deal for someone looking to gain lean muscle for someone who is trying to compete for months at a time any decrease in base testosterone level will negate whatever gains you saw while on cycle. I guess you can see where I am going with this unless you wish to use for a couple of months during the season and sacrifice the rest of the season then your only real choice will be TRT or ( I am not sure if this is done, but it may be) using for just a week of two before and during a couple of key races each year.

Anyway maybe others with more knowlege can chime in but since your my age and also a cyclist I had to chime in.

By the way if you are not tested and money is no object then a combination of testosterone, growth hormone and EPO would probably be right up your alley and if you are a track sprinter then cheque drops would probably be beneficial.
    Offense......Haven't posted here in a year but guys like this crack me up....same ol' board.
    Chime in if you're still reading this masters cyclist and if so please respond
    BTW...if you know your 5minftp i'd like to know.
    Also what s your average watt for your 40k tt.
    max watts/kilo and ave watts/kilo for your 40k tt
    watts @ LT also if you've been tested

Thread Information