daem is offline Anabolic Member

Injecting into a bruise? help

Whats up guys...today has not been my day and I have only been awake for less than an hour first, trying to inject away from a bruise in my delt made me hit my first nerve and i immediately pulled out and was kind of freaked...then to avoid this unpleasant feeling I decided hit my delt on the bruised part I originally tried to avoid. everything went fine, no pain or anything, but when I pulled out there was a gush of blood (yes i aspirated and only bubbles filled the syringe). what caused this flow of blood if I didn't hit vein? are there any dangers going through a bruise, or is it safe to do? i ask now afterward because of the momentary lapse of judgement on my part not to just switch sites...any help is appreciated

orto is offline Junior Member
    You probably drain bruise. Nothing serious just your bruise will dissapear faster...

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. Although I wouldn't try to inject into a bruise. What are u shooting? I'm sure u could avoid that delt and inject somewhere else right?

im shooting

fina/prop. i've been good for the last 6 weeks hitting as many sites as possible to prevent scar tissue. today just happened to be left delt and it didn't turn out exactly how i wanted it to...going to stop injecting into delts until last week (8) so i can give them time to heal and not have this happen again. my smaller muscle groups feel like pincushions and i think im going to let the smaller sites catch up and heal some more.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Yeah i'm doing the same cycle and I know it's a bitch injecting ed.
    I'm gonna have a friend hit my traps today & tomorrow to see how that feels :-)

bigmrclean is offline Junior Member
    Dont worry about it bro. I have had it squirt out many times before. It is kinda funny, but sure makes a hell of a mess.

bigmrclean

Andy is offline Associate Member
    could have injected through a nerve. OR
    could have been blood from bruising. Is bruise bluish? is it close to skin? what was bruise from? when was it?

At anyrate dog nothing to worry about -- Just stating some medical possibilities. P. S. thanks for the morale support on my thread can use all I can get

And there is some truth to saying that injecting into a bruise isnt a good idea. Depending on bruise could slow up absorption or have a somewhat of a pooling effect. Dont worrry about this its unlikely, but theoretically the issue is there.

bruise was kind of yellowish brown...an interesting bruise to say the least since i usually turn black/blue. its definitely a bruise close to or actually on the surface of my skin. it has actually lessened in color throughout the day since i hit it which is definitely odd, however at first i thought bruises were caused by damaged blood vessels on the subcutaneous level of the skin.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    glad u asked because same thing was happening to me. Like u I just figured it was a bruise.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    As I understand it, calling it a bruise isn't necessarily correct but the discoloration is basically caused by the same type of thing that causes a bruise (after being smacked). As it was explained to me some time ago, it is blood trapped inbetween the top layers of your skin and you have to simply wait for it to dissolve.

Blood can form here when you hit an area that causes a blood drain - when the blood surfaces, some gets caught inbetween the top layers of the skin, while most runs out of the injection site.

Thread Information