landon is offline New Member

Prostate Enlargement

I found out last week from my Dr. that my prostate is enlarged and he prescribed me a drug called Flomax. I have been off gear for 6 months now and was wondering if this is normal. Is this a temporary condition? I also was planning on starting a new cycle in the next week or two (Sust, Tren , EQ, Winny), should I hold off? Thanks!

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, did i read that right? "U'v been on gear for 6 months? Is that 6 months straight with no down time?? Bro if thats the case and ur prostate is enlarged then IMO u should stop everything and give ur body a chance to recover.

OG

I have been off for 6 months, sorry I should have been more clear.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i am not certain but it might not be normal...how old are you? if 30+ it might be common but if you are still in your 20's i think it would be uncommon...most people don't rectally examine their prostate by feeling it (i would hope) so i doubt you will get many responses to this...where is heartdoc when we need him to get to the bottom of this?

Well, docs do suggest men start having a prostate exam with their yearly checkup when they hit 30, and there is pretty good reason for that

Personally I never even thought of mr prostate until last year when it started to constrict the urine flow a little (not much mind you). I am in my mid 30's.

The bdol I used to kick start this and my last cycle did enlarge it a lot. With time it seems to go back down but being thirty something I do not expect it to go back to what it was (or wasn't?) when I was 19.

Ah well... we all get older...

Red

Slypknot is offline Member
    Funny - I'm 30 and was concerned about the ole prost while running my first cycle... so I tried that sawgrass root stuff.

DAMN if that crap did not make it WORSE. I stopped after only 2 weeks of taking it and the prost is back to norm.

I do need to say you're doing the right thing from the get go - seeking a doc's advice on this one. Gear MAY/MAY NOT enlarge your prostate...it's a crap shoot. If it does then just visit the doc again and keep taking your Flomax per your script. As far as this being normal, that's not really a fair question - it's like asking if hair loss is normal. All depends on genetics, general health, etc.... just treat it like anything else. Keep an eye on it (not literally of course... ) and if it worsens then deal with it as you are now.

I feel like I never really empty my bladder and I urinate more frequently. I had tests done and there is no cancer, its just enlarged. I was wondering if I should go ahead with this next cycle and just take the Flomax at the same time or should I hold off until my prostate goes back to its regular size. I guess what I want to know is is this common and is this just a temporary side effect. BTW I am only 30 and have done several cycles in the past. My Dr also stated that my liver test were a bit high, but nothing outrageous. Kidneys were okay as well as the rest of my bloodwork. Someone told me that test will play a role in an enlarged prostate, but they didn't know if this was something permanent or not.

bump!

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, I'm no Dr. but....
    Some men are predisposed to enlarged prostates even without ever running gear. Therefore, your situation is not that uncommon. Consider that your AS use may have sped up the process a bit.
    I would not run any gear until you have this issue treated and resolved. However, you must realize that any future gear usage could make the situation re-occur.

BTW, there is a study out that states that just about all men will have to deal with prostate cancer at some point if you live long enough.

**Again, I am not a Dr., this is JMO.**

D

CatGrabber is offline Member
    My prostate gave me problems after a cycle as well. I had and still have a slight buring sensation (common with elarged prostate) and frequent urination as well. D-ball was prolly the culprit. What other symptoms are you having?

I feel like I never really empty my bladder and I urinate more frequently about every 4 hours. There is about a 2 second delay before I start going and when I do urinate I am find that it is not a steady stream, I'll either drip at the same time as the steady flow or I'll be spraying of to the side a little. Almost the same as when you urinate after sex. There isn't any burning or discomfort though.

peace_frog is offline Associate Member
    IVe had this problem since I was in my early 20s. Im 27 now and am also on flomax. The one thing with flomax is that it will lose its effectiveness over time, so like steroids you have to cycle it(ironic aye?) Did they say you had prostatitis? If so they should have put you on an antibiotic(helps the inflamation)If they didnt...you should get something. As long as you are cycling, youre going to have this problem since you do already. The more "agrivated" you make your prostate with hormones the worse it gets, and it may not ever go back to "normal". But reducing your cycle will help it reduce in size and just wont be inflamed in general. As far as the frequent urge to urinate, ask your doctor about PHENAZOPYRID. It helps reduce the contraction in your bladder. The big side effect tho....your piss will look just like orange Kool-aid!! Nothing to worry about at all tho its temporary depending on how often you take it. Hope this helps somewhat.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You are showing classic symptoms of an enlarged prostate. Flomax is generally a good starting point, but in your case it may have not been the best choice. You need to revisit your Doctor and explain to him in more detail the symptoms you are having. Often scripts are written and the full range of symptoms are never discussed. This is a chronic problem with overworked and understaffed Doctors.

I strongly suggest that you hold off with your next cycle. You are obviously showing the early onset of enlarged prostate and AAS is only going to inflame the prostate more and possibly progress your symptoms.

Doc M
    Originally posted by landon
    I feel like I never really empty my bladder and I urinate more frequently about every 4 hours. There is about a 2 second delay before I start going and when I do urinate I am find that it is not a steady stream, I'll either drip at the same time as the steady flow or I'll be spraying of to the side a little. Almost the same as when you urinate after sex. There isn't any burning or discomfort though.

Thread Information