Pheedno is offline Respected Member

Progesteron/Prolactin explained from my research

This thread is entirely from my research on this subject and should not be taken as fact untill your own research has been done for personal confirmation.

OK, Prolactin and progesterone do not have direct effects on each other.
    Estrogen and Progesterone do. Prolactin and testosterone have direct effects on each other.

Elevated estrogen levels means a decrease in progesterone levels and vice versa.

Elevated Prolactin levels means lowered testosterone/dopamine levels and vice versa

SO

Explaination:
    When prolactin levels are increased, testosterone and dopamine levels are reduced. With that testosterone decrease, your body reduces the amount of estrogen being produced as well which results in an increase of progesterone(this is why most catagorize progest./prolactin together)
    Now if a prolactin inhibitor is introduced such as Bromo, your test/dopamine levels will raise. This raise in testosterone can trigger your body to produce estrogen to compensate this increase. At this point progesterone is decreased to balance out the estrogen/progesterone ratio.

So in the case of a Fina cycle. Fina is administered, and prolactin increases(common with Fina). With that prolactin increase, the persons testosterone is lowered(along with dopamine). The lowered testosterone triggers a decrease in estrogen production which raises progesterone.

This is the reason why it is very important to have an anti-estrogen and prolactin inhibitor when partaking in a cycle that increases prolactin such as Fina or Decca. If you lower that prolactin with Bromo, your test levels will increase there by increasing estrogen production.

If a Prolactin inhibitor is not available, Vit. B6 can reduce prolactin in some. I have had success with 800mg split through the day.

Prolactin inhibitors possibly available:
    Bromocriptine
    Pergolide(Permax)
    Cabergoline
    Quinagolide
    Terguride
    Any of these should be researched before administration and I am not suggesting these. Just listing

Anti-estrogens should not need listing.
    Last edited by Pheedno; 02-25-2003 at 02:13 PM.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Nice bro

Thanks Palme

On a side note. I am switching to Pergolide from Bromo for my post cycle therapy to run along side Nolva and Clomid.

Pergolide is a stronger drug requiring less of a dose(tabs are .25mg) so I'm hoping nausea and appetite suppression won't be as much of a factor as with Bromo. I will keep the board updated on my experience with it. I will start with a .25mg tab and gradually increase to .5mg over a 48 hour period starting in approx. 3wks.

Solrock is offline Member
    Good post.

Originally posted by SGFuryZ
    Pergolide isn't OTC, I'm guessing?
    None of those listed are OTC.

The only OTC supp that reduces prolactin(to my knowledge) is Vit B6

Slypknot is offline Member
    Or Vitex - taken at 1500-2000mg daily...

dork is offline New Member
    So then, if one is taking bromo to reduce prolactin level, it's a good idea to take an anti-e with it in order to prevent an increase in estrogen?

Well chances of doing Fina alone or Decca alone is slim. Most will have test in there along side so an anti-e is needed anyway.

If you were doing a Fina only cycle, I would use a prolactin inhibitor throughout and just have nolva on hand. You want your results with the least amount fo drugs in your system. It's possible that you won't have an increase of estrogen large enough to cause problems but if gyno starts coming on with your intake of a prolactin inhibitor, then that would be the time to start Nolva alonside.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    pheedno,
    nice post bro. all of it makes perfect sense to me.

just a note.....my friend is running 1000mg of b6(he's in his third day). soreness is already fading. lumps are still there, but getting smaller. he's extremely pleased at this point. thanks for the help.
    btw- i believe hes ordered some pergolide as well, just to be on the safe side.

peace bb79

Originally posted by barbells79
    pheedno,
    nice post bro. all of it makes perfect sense to me.

just a note.....my friend is running 1000mg of b6(he's in his third day). soreness is already fading. lumps are still there, but getting smaller. he's extremely pleased at this point. thanks for the help.
    btw- i believe hes ordered some pergolide as well, just to be on the safe side.

peace bb79
    Hey BB, I'm glad the B6 is helping. I started early on Pergolide and I'm sorry to say that the sides are not reduced from the smaller dose in comaprison to Bromo.
    If he gets the .25mg, Gradually increase that dose.

Last Friday I started with a full pill and immediatly got flu symptoms(cold chills,achy) and a very lethargic feeling, this never happened with Bromo. Appetite was not reduced very much but I felt so bad that the gym was skipped. Sides dropped to nothing after about an 8 hour period but I have since started doing a quarter pill to run with my B6. This is a serious bitch trying to slice a pill that size into quarters but practically no sides at all since the lower dose.
    I have a feeling that sides reduce as the body adapts to the drug but a full pill is definately too much for the first couple of days.

I will increase the dose when I come off Fina and keep this thread updated on the sides that come after this adaption period I'm in now.

Thread Information