Thread: T3

Ammar is offline Senior Member

T3

I have done many searches but I still dont understand completely what T3 is...can someone clear it up for me please??

Thanks alot guys.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    T3/Cytomel is a synthetic hormone .Cytomel is not an anabolic /androgenic steroid but a thyroid hor-mone. As a substance it contains synthetically manufactured liothyronine sodium which resembles the natural thyroid hormone tricodide-thyronine (L-T3). The thyroid of a healthy person usually produces two hormones, the better known L-thyroxine (L-T4) and the aforementioned L-triiodine-thyronine (L-T3). Since Cytomel is the synthetic equivalent of the latter hormone, it causes the same processes in the body as if the thyroid were to produce more of the hormone. It is interesting to note that L-T3 is clearly the stronger and more effective of these two hormones. This makes Cytomel more effective than the commercially available L-T4 compounds such as L-thyroxine or Synthroid . L-T3 has proven to be 4-5 times more biologically active and to take effect more quickly than L-thyroxine (L-T4)." In school medicine Cytomel is used to treat thyroid insufficiency (hypothyroidism). Among other secondary symptoms are obesity, metabolic disorders, and fatigue. Bodybuilders take advantage of these characteristics and stimulate their metabolism by taking Cytomel, which causes a faster conver-sion of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Bodybuilders, of course, are especially interested in an increased lipolysis, which means in-creased fat burning. Competing bodybuilders, in particular, use Cytomel during the weeks before a championship since it helps to maintain an extremely low fat content, without necessitating a hunger diet. Athletes who use low dosages of Cytomel report that by the simultaneous intake of steroids , the steroids become mote effective, most likely as the result of the faster conversion of protein.

To a great extent several bodybuilders who are pictured in "muscle magazines" and display a hard and de-fined look in photos, eat fast food and iron this out by taking Cytomel. The over stimulated thyroid burns calories like a blast furnace. Nowadays, instead of Cytomel, athletes use Clenbuterol which is becoming more and more popular. Those who combine these two compounds will burn an enormous amount of fat. Cytomel is also popular among female bodybuilders. Since women generally have slower metabolisms than men, it is extremely difficult for them to obtain the right form for a competition given today's standards. A drastic reduc-tion of food and calories below the 1000 caloric/day mark can often be avoided by taking Cytomel. Women, no doubt, are more prone to side effects than men but usually get along well with 50 mcg/day. A short-term intake of Cytomel in a reasonable dosage is certainly "healthier" than an extreme hunger diet.

As for the dosage, one should be very careful since Cytomel is a very strong and highly effective thyroid hormone. It is extremely impor-tant that one begins with a low dosage, increasing it slowly and evenly over the course of several days. Most athletes begin by tak-ing one 25-mcg tablet per day and increasing this dosage every three to four days by one additional tablet. A dose higher than 100-mcg/ day is not necessary and not advisable. It is not recommended that the daily dose be taken all at once but broken down into three smaller individual doses so that they become more effective. It is also impor-tant that Cytomel not be taken for more than six weeks. At least two months of abstinence from the drug needs to follow. Those who take high dosages of Cytomel over a long period of time are at risk of developing a chronic thyroid insufficiency. As a consequence, the athlete might be forced to take thyroid medication for the rest of his life. It is also important that the dosage is reduced slowly and evenly by taking fewer tablets and -not be ended abruptly. Those who plan to take Cytomel should first consult a physician in order to be sure that no thyroid hyperfunction exists.

Possible side effects are: heart palpitation, trembling, irregular heartbeat, heart oppression, agita-tion, shortness of breath, excretion of sugar through the urine, ex-cessive perspiration, diarrhea, weight loss, psychic disorders, etc., as well as symptoms of hypersensitivity." Our experience is that most symptoms consist of trembling of hands, nausea, headaches, high perspiration, and increased heartbeat. These negative side effects can often be eliminated by temporarily reducing the daily dosage. Those who use Cytomel over several weeks will experience a decrease in muscle mass. This can be avoided or delayed by simultaneously taking steroids. For the most part, since Cytomel also metabolizes protein, the athlete must eat a diet rich in protein.

justme is offline Associate Member
    So could one get a perscription in Canada for Cytomel ? if they had a thyroid problem ?

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by justme
    So could one get a perscription in Canada for Cytomel ? if they had a thyroid problem ?
    Yes, but I think they would start you out with a combo of T3/T4 first, atleast that is what I heard.

Pain

Jaandost is offline New Member

ripped_82 is offline Member
    I find that T4 is prefered by most physicians in the US and Canada.

Thanks alot for the post ripped 82. What is usually a good price for T3??

Cheap, very cheap.

Pain

LIke how much painintheazz...My guy has it but he wont give me a price til tomorrow. Thanks alot brother.

I get mine, 60 Tabs @ 50mcg for 10 dollars.

Pain

BTW, please don't PM asking for a source.

Oh I wont ask for sources...I made sure to read the do's and do not's LoL

Thanks alot bro.

Originally posted by Ammar
    Oh I wont ask for sources...I made sure to read the do's and do not's LoL

Thanks alot bro.
    That wasn't directed toward you, but readers in general, everytime I seem to post something about prices I get about 3 PM's asking me for sources, it is annoying. I don't even get that good of prices. haha.

Pain

I understand...I have another question though. Is it necessary to run clomid after I finish a T3/clen cycle?? also, how long is it ok to run T3 for? Thanks alot

Got Gear? is offline Member
    Clomid is not needed after a T3/ECA cycle.

Don't run the T3 for longer than 6 weeks. Ramp your doseage up and down slowly.

Good price Pain...

My bud gets 'em for $17usd for 50 tabs.

Red

Originally posted by Got Gear?
    Clomid is not needed after a T3/ECA cycle.

Don't run the T3 for longer than 6 weeks. Ramp your doseage up and down slowly.
    Agreed, I have seen people say you can run it for 12 weeks with a proper tapper cycle and be fine, but I wouldn't try that long.

Pain

I have never done a cycle but I wanted to do something to cut up for summer. I was thinking of just using clen and an eca on the off weeks but T3 looks tempting. Do you think its a good idea for me to use it??

I am 5'11, 205 lbs at about 14% body fat.

Got Gear? is offline Member
    I have never done a cycle but I wanted to do something to cut up for summer. I was thinking of just using clen and an eca on the off weeks but T3 looks tempting. Do you think its a good idea for me to use it??

I am 5'11, 205 lbs at about 14% body fat.
    T3 is hard on the muscles.

I think you should try the Clen/ECA stack first and if you don't get the results you'd like, then step up to T3.

Originally posted by Got Gear?

T3 is hard on the muscles.

I think you should try the Clen/ECA stack first and if you don't get the results you'd like, then step up to T3.
    Agreed, heavy doses of T3 should be run with AS to prevent muscle lose.

Pain

Ok, thanks alot guys. I was thinking of using xenadrine with my clen /eca stack. Is that ok or is hydroxycut better?

Ok, thanks alot guys. I was thinking of using xenadrine with my clen/eca stack. Is that ok or is hydroxycut better?
    That is a personal thing, you will hear everyone on the board say they like something different.

Pain

Ok, thanks alot for all your help everyone.

Fashioncore1 is offline Associate Member
    Newbie here. Wanted to get a recommendation on what AS to take clen with. I am 5'10" and 190lbs. I have a guy who can get me almost anything. I already purchased clen. I want to put on some size and get cut in time for summer. My girlfriend just got implants, so i want to match the looks she gets at the beach by putting on some more size, but not looking sloppy and soft. Please help me out.

*iggy*

BTW, i got a bottle of Cytomel , but it reads cynomel on the label. I was told it is because it's the mexican version. Is this true?

Rippped... niice cut n paste. perfect info

Originally posted by Fashioncore1
    BTW, i got a bottle of Cytomel, but it reads cynomel on the label. I was told it is because it's the mexican version. Is this true?
    TRUE

I have 1 more question. If I go on the Clen /eca stack, when is the best time to do my cardio?? My goals are to maintain the same weight just to lose body fat...thank you.

In the morning on an empty stomach. Blood sugar and insulin levels will be low so there won't be much standing in your way of burning fat instead of carbs.

Pain

will I lose body muscle that way though?? I heard it burns muscle to do it that way...

Won't burn too much if you do it at 65% your max heart rate and for 30-45mins. If you want to cut you are going to have to deal with losing some muscle, unless you take AS to offset this it is just the way it is. Doing cardio after your insulin has been going all day is pretty hard to get into bodyfat stores. I have switched my cardio to the mornings and haven't noticed any muscle lose, but a hell of a lot more fat lose. If you diet is good you shouldn't worry too much.

Pain

Thank you very much for the quick responses. I am gonna try switching my cardio to the mornings. Thanks again.

Welcome, that is what the board is here for.

Pain

Very informative for the onlookers. Thanks

Thread Information