Thread: needle disposal

dirty bird is offline New Member

needle disposal

I was wondering what you guys do with your needles. I don't want to just throw them in the garbage. Any thoughts would be helpful.

dirty bird

Magicz is offline Associate Member
    i put them in a bag and throw them out not so hard.....

mammoth is offline Member
    I put them in a old <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> container. I am not sure how I should dispose of them though. I thought about filling the containers with concrete or something like that. I know it seems overboard but I just don't want the container to spill out like 100 syringes at the dump site. Who knows what would happen! They would probably call HazMat and quarantine the whole city! j/k

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Put them in a strong plastic container like a tide jug. Better than a bag in my opinion.

I use an empty jug protein powder, the 4lbs ers work nice, cut a hole in the lid and use that as my sharps container. When that gets full I pitch it in a dumpster down from my house.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    dump them in a bleech bottle,
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I recap all used needles and throw them in an old protein jug. When full, I wrap in duct tape extensively and toss.

UltimateFighter is offline Associate Member
    do what they said. But- then go to the hospital and use their dupmsters. They may even have one labeled Sharps. Drive up- chunk it- drive off. I was paranoid at first too about this.

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Pheedno
    I recap all used needles and throw them in an old <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> jug. When full, I wrap in duct tape extensively and toss.
    ditto.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    No you are all wrong! We are suposed to put used needles in childrens playgrounds!

Atleast thats what Nathan does

I recap them and put them in a box or something and when itīs full they get a trip to the hospital

Same here, recap and put them in an old protein powder jug.

When the jug is full, I bring it to the "toxic waste disposal" day my city has 3 times a year (those days they got a HazMat recovery company over at Public Works and you can bring them any toxic waste like old paint cans, car batteries, used motor oil... and of course used pinz).

This is quite common so you might want to check with your city or county if they have HazMat disposal days. Would be a lot safer than leavign it in the normal garbage.

Red

Billmister is offline Member
    i use a gallon of watter. Not with water though... well you know what i mean. The gallon when it's empty i put all the used syringes in there, and when i'm done i just throw it out.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well, I think everyone has the general idea. Just do it responsibly and cautiously. I personally like the idea of a hard plastic container and then dropiing it off at the local hospital when it is full. Most hospitals have a hazardous materials dumpster in the rear. A plastic bag is a really bad idea though because it exposes too many people to possible sticks. It is "Hazardous Material" and should be treated as such!!

Doc M

PEDEY is offline Junior Member
    I usually just toss my needles around town at night when nobody is looking. The bus stop, park or the school yard next to the swing set.

Big Rhino is offline Junior Member
    I use an old 1gal water bottle and take it to work and throw it in a dumpster on the job site.

RHINO

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by Big Rhino
    I use an old 1gal water bottle and take it to work and throw it in a dumpster on the job site.

RHINO
    Aren't water bottles clear plastic? As in see through? Cover is kinda blown there

Just find it funny, that it's clear, and anyone can see through it and see what it is Protein container seems like the best choice. If possible, go to hospital to dispose of them. It's the "right" thing to do, even tho a lot of people including myself do not do it.

Big Rhino is offline Junior Member
    Sorry fellas, forgot to say I put it in a 5gal bucket that I put my dogs piles in from the back yard.

RHINO

2blarge is offline New Member
    my best bet is a detergent jug or a milk container. good luck and be safe

Talking

This this gets the message across?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails needle disposal-jug.jpg  

willpharmd is offline Junior Member
    I use one of the milk jugs that can't be seen through and throw it in the trash. I just make sure it's in a bag without anything that can identify me. I throw all my amps and syringes in it.

Lift Chief is offline Member
    I just cap the needles... wrap about 4 really well in duct tape and throw in the trash.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I put 'em in an empty liquid laundry detergent bottle, and when it's full, I fill it full of plaster of paris (cheap at Home Depo). It sits overnight (cap off) then into the trash (cap on). Be a while before anyone gets into any mischief with it. Probably could also use that 'miracle foam" filler stuff that comes in an aerosol can -- poke a hole in the bottom for the plastic nozzle thingy, let it work its way up to the top. Worked great on my house, ought to last longer than the plaster.

GeaR and SauCe is offline New Member
    Don't throw them out, just keep reusing them forever. Needles never go bad, guys, just don't share them with anyone else. I've been cycling with the same 10 needles since 1995 and I've only had 4 infections (only one serious) and like 1 abbsess. When they get really old I just use them for simple things like decorating a Christmas Tree or lining a babies' playpen. No problems here.

Originally posted by GeaR and SauCe
    Don't throw them out, just keep reusing them forever. Needles never go bad, guys, just don't share them with anyone else. I've been cycling with the same 10 needles since 1995 and I've only had 4 infections (only one serious) and like 1 abbsess. When they get really old I just use them for simple things like decorating a Christmas Tree or lining a babies' playpen. No problems here.

er... Waiter... I'll have what he's smoking!!!

Red

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by GeaR and SauCe
    THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE!

You use the same needle AND the same syringe? I could understand the syringe, but the same needle too! It would be dull as fuck! Unless you've only done one cycle since 1995, consisting of a total of 10 shots

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Sharp's container.

roch is offline Member
    I went to wal-mart and bought a joe weider pin sharpener for 19.95. all you have to do is make sure to start off with a 3 inch pin so you can sharpen it for years to come. when it gets smaller I inject it into the delts, then the toes, then the eyelids until its about .013 inches thick. by then you don't need to worry about it breaking the skin on anyone.

this is a joke btw

redrumkev is offline Associate Member
    You use the same needle AND the same syringe? I could understand the syringe, but the same needle too!

No - not me - at what - $0.18 a piece for 1.5in3cc22g - they are cheap as hell. Just Toss em'!

Vaj10 is offline Associate Member
    when i was on blood thinners that i had to inject, this is what i was to do according to my doc :
    put capped syringes in a coffee can; needle facing down to metal bottom of the can, recap can and seal it with some duct tape and put it with regular trash. The coffee can is used to prevent a sanitation worker from getting pricked by a pin.

and those of u who throw them out the window while you drive, you're a scumbag, do u want ur neighborhood littered with used syringes?
    Last edited by Vaj10; 03-06-2003 at 09:09 AM.

Thread Information