Steele is offline Member

Question bake finished fina?

Made my first batch of fina, and it came out dk golden brown, it looks great.
    Do most of you guys bake the fina to rid it of bacteria/virus?
    Can I always bake it later if i decide to?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    No-no-no-no-no... don't bake it.

If you are still unsure about the sterility - then let it sit overnight and then pasteurize it again tomorrow using the water method. Spores will have a chance to hatch after being stimulated by the heated during the conversion today.

But - Rainbow or TrenFreak (can't remember which one) at T-Mag donated their body to science and made Tren from Fina (and ran a cycle with it) using very crude circumstances... to include oil from the grocery shelf... with no heating during the conversion. He reported no infection problem...

IMO - baking it fucks it up...

Trevor is offline Associate Member
    I have made tren from fina 3 times now and i have baked it every time with the "heat for 10 minutes....set till cool.....heat for ten minutes....3 times in a row" method. For me its better safe than sorry. As for the heat i can personally assure you that it did not mess up MY fina or its potency. I have had great results from it. The heat is not supposed to get hot enough to boil your BA out so you should always be fine. This is just my opinion.......thanks for reading it........good luck!!!

Steele is offline Member
    warrior, allright i will let it sit overnight and see what it looks like tommorow.

trevor, thanks for the advice i will do it if necassary.

i'm excited to get it on!!!!!!!!!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Baking isn't necessary if you used a sterile filter.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    agreed, if you used a whatman to filter it really isn't necessary...but if you want some extra assurance then set the oven to 250 degrees and let it bake for 15 minutes. don't forget those mittens either as glass does get hot

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Steele
    warrior, allright i will let it sit overnight and see what it looks like tommorow.
    It will look the same - after a week or so it won't be as clear as it is now... but still good ol' Tren .

Whether you give it one more water pasteurization tomorrow or not really is based on your preference... and like the others say, not totally necessary. Using the water pasteurizing process seems to keep the color integrity better than baking from seeing other folks results on AS message boards - those that bake have darker Tren than those that don't. I have never baked personally - and I have converted 3 times (one 4 gram and two 2 gram). The first two times I water heated to accelerate the dissolving the pellets and settle the binders (after sitting overnight) and then the following day to kill any spores that hatched overnight. The last kit I only heated once - to break up the pellets and settle the binders...

But if it is dark - something has happened to it... maybe not enough to make it totally breakdown or lose potency... but nonetheless, something is burning to make it darker. The water method has very little effect on the color - so IMO is safer than baking it.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    To sterilize the fina, you can cook it one time in a pressure cooker (available from most dept. stores, maybe even e-bay) 15 minutes at 15 psi (which will be 250 degrees F). Or you can pasturize it 3 times at regular boiling water temperature (212 degrees), letting it sit overnight between each boiling.
    The higher heat will definitely zap any bacteria in one process. The first time at the lower setting will kill off most bacteria and activate any dormant bacteria; then letting it sit overnight will let the dormant bacteria hatch, when the second boiling will get most of them. Repeat the cooling/boiling cycle a time or two to ensure you get all the little buggers. It's better than taking a chance with infection.

When you bake a bottle at 250 degrees in the oven for 10 minutes, you probably won't kill all the nasty bugs, because (1) the amount of heat transferred from the air to the bottle is much less than the heat transferred from boiling water to the bottle, and (2) if the oven heating process is allowed to take only 10 minutes, the contents of the bottle won't have enough time to completely warm up, much less remain at a high enough temperature to get all the bugs. And when you heat in boiling water, you're certain that your stuff won't get above 212 degrees--the temperature variablilty in the oven will likely be much greater.
    Oh yeah . . . the hot temps will zap any viruses the whatman filters miss.
    All in all, it's a good idea to at least pasturize your home-made stuff 3 times, for safety's sake. Doesn't seem to hurt the potency any, protects against nasty infections, and it's cheap and easy to do.
    Hope this helps . . .
    --Tock

Thread Information