kokdiesel is offline New Member

recovering from injury.. Need cycle advice

Back in august, a freak accident left me with a dislocated shoulder. Recovery went pretty well, but I'm still having a bit of discomfort in my shoulder. I want t o run a 6 week prop cycle, but a bit nervous that my shoulder will be my limiting factor, or slow recovery even further. I heard the GH is good for recovering from injury, but while reading the profile it noted that its properties are mainly good for building cartilage, wheras my injury is indigenous to my rotator cuff. I'm still good with heavy weight, so I think that I can handle a cycle, but perhaps to a certain extent. I would appreciate some suggestions. Thank you

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    My thoughts are if you are going to cycle you may damage it even more and be put out longer making things harder on yourself. How long ago was this injury exactly?

It was in august of last year, but it was something that was completely unrelated to my weight training. My physical therapist said it could take up to a year to recover completely, and even then it may not be as strong as it was. Only certain movements cause the discomfort, though. For instance, a barbell bench is a bit tough weras I have no disomfort in a dumbbell bench.

I would hold off the cycle and see how things go first for awhile. Try taking some Vitamin P and C and see if that can help you recover a bit quicker from the injury. Also check out the injuries part of the forum as well for any other help you need.

cerealkiller326 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear about your injury. I dislocated my shoulder to a point I forgot how many times I did them, and each time sucked. I am not double jointed to where I can pop it in and out...all hockey injuries. Each time I tried to strengthen I would dislocate it next season, surgery was my only option if I wanted to continue hockey with a recovery time of 6-12 months...Mind as well quite college hockey.

My point is ice hockey and weight training is totally different, but my point out of my rambling was to give it some time. I understand the discomfort and the thought in the back of the head of to be cautious with certain movements. My best advice is to wait a year to cycle. I am not sure if its your 1st or your 3rd...what ever. I wouldn't risk the big leap in weight and stress on that shoulder. Do it natural and hope that your shoulder recovers and strengthen as it was before the accident.

Good luck dude.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I had a shoulder injury.I layed off bench.But used a bowflex in place of DBs.Worked great for me.Just had a second surgery b4 Xmas to clean out scar tissue and sew up bicep tendon.Though it my not be a lot.I hit 195x5x4 last nite.They say my bicep may tear.Oh well at 52.I am going to push it to the limit.Do wat you can handle.Thats all you can do.Your shoulder will let you know your limits.Listen to it.Good luck

Markosterone is offline Member
    You can still cycle, even if you cant train heavy.. ever tried lighter weight during cycle ?

I would run deca , cuz of its properties to heal and lubricate joint, and strengthen bone density.

^ Why get him to cycle when he doesn't need to at the moment? Please explain as to why he should?

Thank you to everyone for the advice. My biggest fear is that it has already healed as much as it will without surgery, so my head is telling me to just cycle and stop wasting time, but I see the logic in waiting it out a bit longer as there could be a destructive result. My next cycle will be my 3rd, but I've never looked into deca as it is quite expensive, but I'm relying on muscle memory to get me back up to par.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Don't cycle. Wait til you are healed.

Daviid is offline New Member
    I have shoulders trouble and my biggest fear is if i have wait to long.
    I would try Deca and start really slow not use heavie weights and aviod movements that hurt.
    Atleast i think i made that mistake to wait to long, i was thinking the same think like thous guy´s that are telling you to wait longer, i have wait for two years and i´m worse then i was a year ago.
    Sorry for my english hope people understand me.

Take care of that shoulder.

Thread Information