Orangutang is offline New Member

Will this EVER sink in?

I've been lurking on this site several months and joined a couple months ago. Due to some email probs I had to rejoin with a little dif name. But, this is the first time I've ever posted. My question is how long did some of you study this before it started to sink in? It's getting frustrating. I am so far away from being "ready" for any gear. Coming on a year of steady training and have started to concentrate on my diet for the last couple months. Long ways out, but I wish some of the basic chemistry things and some of the compounds and their effects would start to sink in. I'm starting to think I need a f'n chemistry degree!
    Anyway, just looking to see if I was alone, what to look forward to and any opinions that might help me.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Head over to the education section and read all the stickies and then read up on the compounds in the profile section, this will give you a basic knowledge of compounds and how to design a cycle around your needs and stats.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The fact that you feel this way means you are way ahead of the game.

As I have pointed out many times to newbies who post asking advice on a cycle, one should be familiar with AAS and ancillary compounds and PCT before ever starting a cycle. It just amazes me the number of people who feel that if they know that 400mg of Test E is a beginners cycle and if they know where to get it they think they are ready to use. To me this is simalar to the guy who buys a 200mph crotch rocket and a set of leathers and helmet and thinks he is ready to hit the Isle of Mann TT circuit.

I have been reading and posting and doing more reading an average of 2 hrs a day for the last 6 months and I feel I have a very rudimentary knowlege of AAS. Someone who thinks they know all about AAS is generally someone who knows little, they are like a 16 year old, you better ask them now while they know everything since they will soon know much less.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Good for you on taking your time to research and study. Refreshing to read this.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just like any other subject it takes time. I agree its a lot to absorb but it is worth it.

I like to have full understanding of what i put in my body. When it comes to new compounds i learn all i can about them. Trust me it is better to know what you are putting in you than just right into it.

My studying and researching has led to me being able to help others. It takes time though. Everyone starts with no knowledge of it

bigdaddyets is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Good that you are taking the time to learn. I'm with you in that there is so much to learn. I know I have a long way to go but love all the good people and info on here.

Best of luck with all your stuff

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I cannot believe how much reading I have done here the past few years. Keep at it, things will start to click. You will never know it all, but you will know enough to find the specific things you need. Which will just lead to more reading.

Orangutang is offline New Member
    Hell yes! Thank you all. This is exactly what I needed to hear. The fact that some of you have been studying this for a few years tells me I'm on the right track and just need to keep at it.
    I also recently bought a book called Anabolic Primer from RK publishing. Sometimes I get sick of staring at a computer screen. I thought I'd like to have something I could turn the pages, make notes, highlight and all that sort of nerdy stuff. I guess I'm kind of old fashioned like that.
    Are any of you familiar with that book? Are there any other books you guys would recommend?

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Youll get it. I studied up for about 5yr before my first cycle

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangutang View Post
    Hell yes! Thank you all. This is exactly what I needed to hear. The fact that some of you have been studying this for a few years tells me I'm on the right track and just need to keep at it.
    I also recently bought a book called Anabolic Primer from RK publishing. Sometimes I get sick of staring at a computer screen. I thought I'd like to have something I could turn the pages, make notes, highlight and all that sort of nerdy stuff. I guess I'm kind of old fashioned like that.
    Are any of you familiar with that book? Are there any other books you guys would recommend?
    dont know tht book but be wary of AAS books, alot contain re-issued outdated info and some cycle suggestions are stupid

Thread Information