big swoll is offline Member

misconceptions about steroids

through my many days here on AR i have seen very many misconceptions about steroids on here.....here are a few of my favorites..what are yours?

Winsrol burns fat
    Steroids make you a better fighter
    No normal person would do them
    Steroids make you play a sport better (im an athlete, they make you stronger, but they cant help me hit the baseball)
    If you do one cycle you are going to gain 50 lbs and get ripped

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    With regards to baseball, aren't there some studies that have demonstrated aas usage can improve hand-eye coordination and speed? I'm asking because i'm really not sure, but recall hearing that this had been validated.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Every one can get big and ripped with steroids .....

big swoll is offline Member
    i'll agree that they help out speed, but hand eye coordination--i hadn't heard that, if its true i might need to cycle year round....haha

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    Studies have indicated that winstrol has a direct effect on adipose tissue.

-SF

Adipose tissue is fat tissue. Winstrol is specifically capable of burning fat. Studies have shown men to lose fat in the abdominal region, I believe.

--------------------------from t-mag.com

Microsomal Receptors (MR)

The last mechanism involves the presence of the AR in subcellular fractions. To be more specific, the AR has been identified in microsomal portions of the cell. So what does this mean? Certain androgens are able to bind to the AR in microsomes and carry out a posttranscriptional effect. In fact, it appears that out of all the available androgens, stanozolol (Winstrol) is able to bind to this receptor while all others (with the possible exception of danazol) are not.

If you couple this with the idea that the AR is present in the subcellular fractions of adipose tissue — or the microsomes to be more specific — this can account for its ability to induce fat loss. (12,13,14)

12. Steinsapir J, Muldoon TG. "Role of microsomal receptors in steroid hormone action." Steroids 1991 Feb;56(2):66-71

13. Boada LD, et al. "Identification of a specific binding site for the anabolic steroid stanozolol in male rat liver microsomes." J Pharmacol Exp Their 1996 Dec;279(3):1123-9

14. McCann JP, et al. "Subcellular distribution and glycosylation patterns of adrogen receptor from sheep omental adipose tissue." J Endocrinol 2001 Jun;169(3):587-93

Steroids will increase your performance in certain sports. Let's face it, if you go from being 150lbs to 220lbs, you will do better in football. However, you won't necessarily become a better basketball player.

Steroids won't make you a better fighter, but they will make you punch with more force. Interpret that as you will.

Normal people are afraid of needles. It depends on your definition of normal I suppose.

If you do one cycle that lasts about a year, you could gain 50lbs of quality mass with low bodyfat. Of course, if you had cancer and lost 30lbs, came of chemo therapy and went on a cycle, I bet you could gain that 30lbs in one month. Remember, its easier for someone below their regular weight to gain. People who are already big will not gain as much as weaklings.

-SF

UltimateFighter is offline Associate Member
    it makes me a better fighter. I nearly killed someone with my bare hands last weekend

BIG-G is offline Banned
    Im a big pussy, juice or no juice! REAL big pussy.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    Originally posted by BIG-G
    Im a big pussy, juice or no juice! REAL big pussy.

i agree.

mammoth is offline Member
    Originally posted by Sigmund Froid
    Let's face it, if you go from being 150lbs to 220lbs, you will do better in football.
    -SF
    This is not true! There is not a single position on a football team that size dictates ability. Sure lineman need to be big, but they could be 400lbs and still be slow to react. Its all about strength and agility, not size!

Point taken, mammoth.

Let me rephrase that:
    Let's face it, if you from being 90lbs (bf below 15%) to 220lbs (bf below 15%), you will do better in football.

-SF

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    steriods make you have a maniac temper!

calidude is offline Senior Member
    if you take steroids you will look like a huge pimple.

roch is offline Member
    I know it helped me. I love to play basketball but I'm not very quick. While on sust and deca (low dosages) I noticed I coulf beat many people off the dribble and drive to the hole. When I got off I gradually got to where I couldn't beat anyone again. My shot sucked since I couldn't calibrate my perimeter shot anymore, but I could drive on everyone. sure as heck miss that feeling.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    "You'll lose all your hair is you do steroids ."

I'm gonna lose my hair anyway, I'd rather be bald and built than bald and skinny!

-moto

Thread Information