sooner45 is offline Member

Best time to work out?!?!?

I am currently on a cutting diet.........high protein, low carb.......20-30 min cardio 4-5 days a week......on EQ/ECA......5'10"....195, anyway......I currently work out at night, usually about 6 or 6:30...but I recently just joined a different gym that is much closer to my house.....so I could possibly start working out about 6:30-7 in the morning before I head to work, I guess I got a couple options...cardio in the morning, weights at night, all in the morning, or all at night, I would prefer to get it all knocked out at one time, but it depends on what is best for my body....can anyone please shed some light on what would be more effective?!?!? Thanks guys!!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Spliting will be more effective, for cutting I would do cardio morning (empty stomach) weights at night. For bulking I do weights morning (after a breakfast) and some light cardio at night. If you are time pressed I would go in the morning and do both, I love the morning workouts think they are better and help utilize your food consumption better throughout the day, instead of working out then eating a few times then fasting for 8 hours.. My .02

Pain

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    I prefer the morning.......4-5am ! Pumps me up all day. I use to go to the gym at 4am , get out at 6am go do Heavy Highway Const. for 10 hours and loved it. When I work-out at night my adreneline is pumping and I can't sleep.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    i like cardio in the am..before breakfast and weights in the pm..seems i'm more mentally ready then

sooner45 is offline Member
    Hey Thanks guys! Maybe that’s the answer to my pissin and lack of sleep problems…….or maybe its just the ECA…who knows? I’ll try that a.m. workout…… Thanks guys!!

Its always best to do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Whether you run, jog, swim, bike, jump rope, etc. doing it first thing in the morning is by far the most effective for maximum fat loss. Why? When you do your cardio you obviously burn calories. Lets say you wake up, eat breakfast, eat lunch later, then do your cardio. All you will be doing durning that cardio is burning the calories of the food you just ate. When you do it in the morning you have not ate for the past 8hrs. or so. So when your body sees that there are no carbs to burn it will utilize your stored fat as energy. Personally, I like to weight train and do my cardio in the morning. But as for max. fat loss, cardio in the A.M. on an empty stomach. Good luck.

Cock Diesel155 is offline Associate Member
    I could never do cardio on an empty stomach.. I would end up passing out.. Just my opinion, I do cardio in the am, and weights in the pm (around 7:30). I like to lift later in the evening because I have eaten more and I feel like i have more energy. If I lift in the monring, I dont feel as strong. I know it may sound stupid but I am weird like that sometimes.

hully is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Ozzy
    I prefer the morning.......4-5am ! Pumps me up all day. I use to go to the gym at 4am , get out at 6am go do Heavy Highway Const. for 10 hours and loved it. When I work-out at night my adreneline is pumping and I can't sleep.
    I agree with Ozzy. I love morning workouts. Especially if you're trying to cut up.

Thread Information