The Carter 117 is offline New Member

Security Clearance?

I was wondering if anyone on here has a security clearance. For the secret clearance, the form asks about illegal drug activity within the last 7 years? It lists AAS on there. I guess I am going to put that I have cycled a few times... Will that deny me of a clearance?

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    my uncle was in the airforce and was a navigator for Air Force One when Jimmy Carter and Ronald Regan were president.. they interviewed his kindergarten teacher and asked what type of kid he was in class.. i think they would deny you if you admitted to steroids ..

RaZr is offline Member
    Yea there is a good chance of denial, what job do you need clearence for? Military?

A contractor job... Its just a secret clearance... But i know they wont test for that... But i dont want to lie then they find out and get into WORSE trouble. Since they do state that it wont be held against you if you admit to it... I understand when it comes to mind altering drugs and addictive drugs, but gear doesnt make u untrustworthy... Or addicted...

RaZr is offline Member
    Anything can be addictive, who knows that you have used gear?

A few close friends (most who did it with me) and a few family members... quite the debocle!
    Fml

RaZr is offline Member
    There going to talk to everyone you know, they send out an investigator and question them about you. for me the went to all my teachers from 6th grade on and all my friends my coaches cousins and my sleep away class counselors. Mine was top secret tho and I hadnt used anyhting

Flacco is offline Member
    I know there are different levels of security clearance. My brother got approved and as mentioned above, they talked to his friends and teachers from as far back as elementary school. I don't think he ever used juice back then, but I know he was smoking alot of weed and partying alot a few years before he applied for the clearance. He was kind of shocked when they approved him hahaha. I'm not sure if he admitted to it or what. They had to have caught wind from someone that he wasn't exactly straight edge in his youth. I think if you are sure you can get away with lying and them not finding out... do it. I'm sure you really want the clearance/job. But if there is a chance they may catch you in a lie, you'd be better off coming clean bc at least that'll show good character.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I had a Top Secret clearance for years. I lied about my marijauna use because it fell within those 7 years. Let me tell you though if you are getting a polygraph as part of this they will ask you that same question. I was fortunate that I didn't need the polygraph, but if you do then here is your heads up.
    Last edited by Tigershark; 03-04-2011 at 01:07 AM.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Carter 117 View Post
    A contractor job... Its just a secret clearance... But i know they wont test for that... But i dont want to lie then they find out and get into WORSE trouble. Since they do state that it wont be held against you if you admit to it... I understand when it comes to mind altering drugs and addictive drugs, but gear doesnt make u untrustworthy... Or addicted...
    I'm a DoD prime contractor....you should lie, illegal drug activity is illegal drug activity, you have no idea who will be reading your file.

apacheman75 is offline Junior Member
    For a secret only they won't even send out an investigator!! There are way too many people with a secret and it's way too expensive for all of those. They will only do it for a TS!! I wouldn't include that I did it for sure.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Lie like a rug. No need to draw attention to yourself, and unless you screw up no one will investigate your clearance after its been issued

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    I have a top secret. Not going to say anymore there

RaZr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apacheman75 View Post
    For a secret only they won't even send out an investigator!! There are way too many people with a secret and it's way too expensive for all of those. They will only do it for a TS!! I wouldn't include that I did it for sure.
    I know for a fact they send out investigators for secrets as well so that is quite incorrect

In my experience 9/10 times for a secret they wont send out investigators unless there.is a discrepancy of some sort.
    For my secret they didn't call anyone I put as a reference.

RaZr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    In my experience 9/10 times for a secret they wont send out investigators unless there.is a discrepancy of some sort.
    For my secret they didn't call anyone I put as a reference.
    When I got my secret in 06 They went to all my references including all my employers

vtach12 is offline Associate Member
    How long has it been since most of you have had a security clearence check? I see now mention of the lie detector test that is done at the end of the interview ??? Try beating that!!! Better tell the truth.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Carter 117 View Post
    A contractor job... Its just a secret clearance... But i know they wont test for that... But i don't want to lie then they find out and get into WORSE trouble. Since they do state that it wont be held against you if you admit to it... I understand when it comes to mind altering drugs and addictive drugs, but gear doesnt make u untrustworthy... Or addicted...
    yeah.. i mean know that i think about it.. the past three presidents have admitted to smoking weed.. and GW was a coke head.. so maybe honesty is the best policy.. if it specifically asks about AAS.. if it just says illegal drugs.. then don't admit and just say i thought you meant street drugs not sports drugs

Also.. you better believe they are gonig to check your emails and shit.. so i hope you gave them another one than this one.. at least they check emails in the military

apacheman75 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZr View Post
    I know for a fact they send out investigators for secrets as well so that is quite incorrect
    Not true at all I have had much higher than a secret and an investigator showed up once!!! Maybe he showed up because something on the application peaked there interest like saying you took steroids just saying I wouldn't include it unless they can prove it!

Got my secret between 08 and 09
    TS 09 10
    Yea you can do coke and be a congressman but it very well could get you denied a security clearance, definitely a TS in the military.
    Machine is right, they will check your emails (thank you patriot act) chat logs and anything else they can get their hands on.
    During Sere they brought out this huge folder of everyones personal information. They had chat logs of some guy talking to his GF on yahoo messenger saying that he would be gone from x date to x date for sere.
    I had no idea they had that kind of reach but they do.

RaZr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apacheman75 View Post
    Not true at all I have had much higher than a secret and an investigator showed up once!!! Maybe he showed up because something on the application peaked there interest like saying you took steroids just saying I wouldn't include it unless they can prove it!
    I didnt include it because I have never cycled. My secret had an investigator as did my TS. How do you know what they can prove? If people they talk to know and they talk then thats all they really need. A lot of TS positions require a polygraph as well.

Thread Information