slim_shady88 is offline New Member

Would a cycle be a good idea for me?

I am sure I will get blown up on here for even asking this question, but I would like some honest opinions anyway. I am 33 yrs old, and 6'5" weighing in at a measly 165 lbs. I have been this size since I was 18. In high school I was a 4 sport athlete, and I was an army paratrooper for 4 years. During that 8 year stretch of my life I trained hard at the gym, and took virtually every supplement under the sun. Despite the small fortune I spent on supplements and the hours in the gym, I only saw minimal gains. I was well defined, and in great shape, but still underweight. I have a good friend who is a gym rat, and has suggested that I may want to try a cycle of test. The question that I would like to post to all of you, is if this would be beneficial to me if I am not interested in dedicating all of my free time to lifting and eating? Will I still see gains? I don't care about looking like Arnold, I just want to gain some weight. Your opinions are appreciated.

Brady Johnson is offline Junior Member
    You'll get out of it what you put into it bro. Don't waste your money on a half-hearted attemp for a cycle. Maybe hop on some test when ur ready to workout hard as **** consistantly.

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim_shady88 View Post
    I am sure I will get blown up on here for even asking this question, but I would like some honest opinions anyway. I am 33 yrs old, and 6'5" weighing in at a measly 165 lbs. I have been this size since I was 18. In high school I was a 4 sport athlete, and I was an army paratrooper for 4 years. During that 8 year stretch of my life I trained hard at the gym, and took virtually every supplement under the sun. Despite the small fortune I spent on supplements and the hours in the gym, I only saw minimal gains. I was well defined, and in great shape, but still underweight. I have a good friend who is a gym rat, and has suggested that I may want to try a cycle of test. The question that I would like to post to all of you, is if this would be beneficial to me if I am not interested in dedicating all of my free time to lifting and eating? Will I still see gains? I don't care about looking like Arnold, I just want to gain some weight. Your opinions are appreciated.
    absolutely not ready, hit the diet section for help.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    You know the best supplement in all of sports and bodybuilding is food. If you want to gain weight you need to eat more food. You'll probably gain a few pounds while you're on your test cycle (mostly water weight) and you'll lose it all when you come off. So you'd really be risking damaging your endocrine system for nothing.

Thanks all, your input is helpful. Alluprbdy, I have tried high calorie, and high protein diets while I was in the Army. I was taking in over 3,500 calories per day, while working out 4 days per week with Army cardio. I went from 175 when I went in to 189 when I got out. I was really cut, and in phenomonal shape. My metabolism is just crazy high, like a hummingbird. Brady, and Honkey Kong, you both have really valid points. I had just kind of accepted this was how I was, and it wasn't going to change. But my friend really got me thinking. I just wanted a lot more opinions from people with experience before I made a decision. I believe that all of you are probably right.

Fetch is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Johnson View Post
    You'll get out of it what you put into it bro. Don't waste your money on a half-hearted attemp for a cycle. Maybe hop on some test when ur ready to workout hard as **** consistantly.
    This is a bad idea. Don't hop on test until you bring your weight up considerably with proper dieting. Steroids are a drug, not a miracle.

For one its not just about how many cals its what your eating and when, seperation of fats and carbs, calculate your bmr and go from there. You can get bigger than 165 at 6'5" easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
    This is a bad idea. Don't hop on test until you bring your weight up considerably with proper dieting. Steroids are a drug, not a miracle.
    exactly.

Thanks. I'll do some research into what you have said. Any suggestions on where to start educating myself on the basics for a good weight gain diet?

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Thanks. I'll do some research into what you have said. Any suggestions on where to start educating myself on the basics for a good weight gain diet?
    You can start by looking at the diet section on this forum. It's not just about juicing it.

27300man is offline Associate Member
    I'm not gonna tell you what to do b/c I'm a new bee as well. I just want to share my friends experience. He was a skinny kid that went to the gym 3 times a week and ate unhealthy. Did a 3 month cycle Test only with no PCT (no knowledge), then started working out 5 days/week. He got HUGE! All solid muscle. I see him 3 years later and he lost about 20% of his gains, but kept his Physic he would have never had without roids.

Fetch is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 27300man View Post
    I'm not gonna tell you what to do b/c I'm a new bee as well. I just want to share my friends experience. He was a skinny kid that went to the gym 3 times a week and ate unhealthy. Did a 3 month cycle Test only with no PCT (no knowledge), then started working out 5 days/week. He got HUGE! All solid muscle. I see him 3 years later and he lost about 20% of his gains, but kept his Physic he would have never had without roids.
    Which he could have done without injecting chemistry altering drugs into his body, risking permanent damage. I seriously doubt this is true, unless your friend found out how to properly eat and train at some point during the cycle. Nobody gets massive gains and keeps them while 'eating unhealthy and working out 3 times a week.'

booze is offline New Member
    To the OP, drop your cardio if you're trying to gain weight. You're burning valuable calories.

booze is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 27300man View Post
    Just going from three days to five days of training is going to improve no end. And define huge.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booze View Post
    To the OP, drop your cardio if you're trying to gain weight. You're burning valuable calories.
    ^^^This + a high calorie clean diet will do wonders. what good would the gains from a cycle be if you don't have the diet to support them...

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yep^^ you really answered your own question when you said you did the high calorie diet in the Army and went up to 189 even doing all the 7/24 run run run stuff and no sleep the Army makes you do. Now that you are on your own if you incorporate the same diet and implement heavy wieght compound movement excersize aiming for 8 reps and 5 total sets per body part and getting at least 8 hrs of sleep a night and limit cardio to a minimum, you will see an even bigger increase. You will pass 200 lbs in a couple of months if you really hit it hard.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ^^^^ I was going to say the same thing. 3500 - 4000 calories a day and cut the cardio since you have a fast metabolism. I bet you will do great.

Thread Information