SpeedyBob is offline New Member

First Cycle Help (40 Years Old)

Hi everyone,

Someone on another board suggested a first cycle for me, and I would like to get some input on his suggestion on this board as well. I figure different boards have different viewpoints.

But first here are my stats and goals.

I am 5'7" and about 165 pounds. I am 40 years old (yes, 40 *grin*).
    My BF is 14%.

My goal (like you haven't heard this before) is to look my best during the summer months (July and August). Basically, this means to add as much lean muscle as possible. If I can lose some of that 40-year old tire around my middle all the better (but doubtful).

Here is the cycle he suggested (10 weeks). He thought it best that I start slow on my first cycle. Not sure if that's good or bad. Need some opinions. he suggested starting this cycle mid May and ending near the end of July.

Weeks 1-10 ---- Test Enan 500 MG/Week (2 shots at 250 MG Each)
    Weeks 1-10 ---- EQ 400 Mg/Week (2 doses - mix with Test)
    Weeks 9-10 ---- HCG 500 IUs/ ED
    2 Weeks after last Test shot --- Start Clomid
    --- Day 1: 300 MG
    --- Day 2-14: 100 MG/ED
    --- Day 15-21: 50 MG/ED

Please be brutally honest.
    I have no idea if that sounds like too little, or too much, or just about right for a very first cycle.

Some other questions and concerns to help in your critique........

#1 -- Should I be taking something during the cycle for Gyno (big fear of mine)?

#2 -- In your opinion, will this help me to achieve my goal stated above (gain lean muscle and help to look good for summer).

#3 -- Is the length of this cycle and Start time planned to help me look my best in the months of July/August.

#4 -- I always wondered....... Due to water retention during use. Do you look your best "during" the cycle" or "after the cycle is all done".

#5 -- Please, Please,please suggest anything you think i should be doing differently. Whether it's amounts, time frame, number or type of products.

Thanks so much for helping !!!!!

Bob

Ozzy is offline Senior Member

Re: First Cycle Help (40 Years Old)

Originally posted by SpeedyBob
    Hi everyone,

Someone on another board suggested a first cycle for me, and I would like to get some input on his suggestion on this board as well. I figure different boards have different viewpoints.

But first here are my stats and goals.

I am 5'7" and about 165 pounds. I am 40 years old (yes, 40 *grin*).
    My BF is 14%.

My goal (like you haven't heard this before) is to look my best during the summer months (July and August). Basically, this means to add as much lean muscle as possible. If I can lose some of that 40-year old tire around my middle all the better (but doubtful).

Here is the cycle he suggested (10 weeks). He thought it best that I start slow on my first cycle. Not sure if that's good or bad. Need some opinions. he suggested starting this cycle mid May and ending near the end of July.

Weeks 1-10 ---- Test Enan 500 MG/Week (2 shots at 250 MG Each)
    Weeks 1-10 ---- EQ 400 Mg/Week (2 doses - mix with Test)
    Weeks 9-10 ---- HCG 500 IUs/ ED
    2 Weeks after last Test shot --- Start Clomid
    --- Day 1: 300 MG
    --- Day 2-14: 100 MG/ED
    --- Day 15-21: 50 MG/ED

Please be brutally honest.
    I have no idea if that sounds like too little, or too much, or just about right for a very first cycle.

Some other questions and concerns to help in your critique........

#1 -- Should I be taking something during the cycle for Gyno (big fear of mine)?

#2 -- In your opinion, will this help me to achieve my goal stated above (gain lean muscle and help to look good for summer).

#3 -- Is the length of this cycle and Start time planned to help me look my best in the months of July/August.

#4 -- I always wondered....... Due to water retention during use. Do you look your best "during" the cycle" or "after the cycle is all done".

#5 -- Please, Please,please suggest anything you think i should be doing differently. Whether it's amounts, time frame, number or type of products.

Thanks so much for helping !!!!!

Bob
    I'm 42 bro and I think it looks good except for the hgh , and that is only because I never have done hgh. But I hear that's expensive so there is another reason why I have not done it "yet".
    I would add winny in there from wks 8-13 50mg ed. If you do you could run the clomid the following day after last winny tab.
    1) You could run arimidex /liquidex/letrozole for bloat and it's a good anti-e
    2)With the winny added to this it will help you to maintain gains and harden up your gains from the Test & Eq
    3) This depends on your diet , sleep , training etc
    4) You will naturally lose gains after your cycle and most of that is water "IF" you continue diet , sleep and training...you have a better chance to keep youre gains. The important thing is to make sure to start you clomid therapy after your cycle.
    5) I think it's a good choice of gear , but drop the hgh. "Dropping the hgh is completely my opinion". Good Luck

MindBomb is offline Member
    It's hcg not hgh. The outline you've came up with is a good one. Like Ozzy suggested add some winny 8 to 13 weeks. You don't need to worry too much about gyno with this cycle. With test and EQ, you can start nolva if you feel the symtoms, but like I said it's highly unlikely you'll have to worry about that.

You'll be more vascular and harder than ever before. But be aware that you'll have to deal with hunger, and make sure, for your purpose, you take in clean caleries.

Cock Diesel155 is offline Associate Member
    Looks good to me bro.. The Winny is optional to you, but it will make your cycle a little longer and keep you hard. Be sure to have nolvadex on hand since you are afraid of gyno.. Overall it looks good old man.. J/k.. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Gilster is offline Member
    The good part of doing the winny from week 7-12 or 8-13 is that you only need to wait 1 or 2 days after your last winny dose before you can start clomid. I am 40 myself and I know first hand that waiting 3 weeks after your last shot on nothing at all is tough mentally. We tend to crash harder since we do not produce test naturally like the younger bros here. By doing this with the winny you will not crash nearly as hard if at all. If you do use the winny weeks 7-12 then start clomid in week 13, and use HCG in week 12 & 13 the way you stated at 500iu ED. This will keep you from the mental crash that can come and can be quite difficult for a first time user who is 40. I did my first real cycle at 37 and I crashed hard mentally when gains diminished and hormone levels dropped during those 2-3 weeks

Always have anti-e's on hand in case you fel gyno coming on. I have never had even the slightest feeling of gyno, but I still keep arimidex , nolva, and letrazole on hand just in case. No need to really take an anti-e unless you feel gyno coming on, or you take it daily because you want to avoid any bloat, or to keep fat gains to a minimum.

hybrid is offline Member
    If you are running a first cycle and are in the 35-40 yr. range, would you be better off running test-e and eq for 12 weeks followed by prop or winny during the taper period? Or is 10 weeks of test-e and eq enough? I guess what I am asking is if running that extra couple of weeks is worth it? Thanks bros.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I think the cycle is a bit much. First I'd go to the Dr. and have my testosterone levels checked. After 40 they could be below normal, if they are you'll get a scrip for some test.

For you cycle I'd go 350-400mg a week, that a good place to start. I say start because you'll feel like your 20 again and you'll do it again Save the other drugs for later, when your more advanced.

Keep your diet in check and you should accomplish your goals. Diet is key.

Hcg , you can do 500-1000iu a day for 2 consecutive days a week, don't go over 1000iu. Start at 500iu and adjust if needed. I'm doing this right now, I've heard from Bros that this has work for them. It was developed by a Dr. that help HRT patients and AAS users.

Post cycle I've been reading that nolva could be a better choice, but you'll have to research that and decide for yourself.

I'll put up a study on Test Enanthate helping to reduce fat.

JohnnyB

The male contraceptive regimen of testosterone and levonorgestrel significantly increases lean mass in healthy young men in 4 weeks, but attenuates a decrease in fat mass induced by testosterone alone.

Herbst KL, Anawalt BD, Amory JK, Matsumoto AM, Bremner WJ.

Population Center for Research in Reproduction, Department of Medicine, University of Washington (K.L.H., B.D.A., J.K.A., A.M.M., W.J.B.).

In hypogonadal men, testosterone (T) in replacement dosages is known to increase fat-free mass (lean mass) and decrease fat mass. In young eugonadal men, similar dosages of T increase lean mass, but much higher dosages of T are required to decrease total body fat mass. Current T-based male hormonal contraceptive regimens include a second agent, such as a progestin, to maximize inhibition of pituitary gonadotropins and improve efficacy. To study the effect of such combinations on body composition, we randomized healthy, young, eugonadal men into four combinations of exogenous T and the progestin, levonorgestrel (LNG): 1) 100 mg T enanthate , im, weekly plus 125 micro g LNG, orally, daily (T+LNG); 2) T plus placebo LNG (T alone); 3) placebo T plus LNG (LNG alone); and 4) placebo T plus placebo LNG (placebo). We then analyzed body composition by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry after 4 and 8 wk of treatment. T+LNG significantly increased total lean mass after 4 and 8 wk of treatment (3.5 +/- 0.9% and 4.2 +/- 1.2%, respectively; P < 0.05) and truncal lean mass after 4 and 8 wk of treatment (4.7 +/- 0.9% and 5.0 +/- 0.9%, respectively; P < 0.05) compared with baseline and placebo. T alone also increased total and truncal lean mass significantly compared with placebo after 4 wk of treatment, but not compared with baseline (3.3 +/- 1.4% and 3.2 +/- 2.3%, respectively; P < 0.05 vs. placebo), suggesting an additive effect of T and LNG to increase lean mass. Fat mass significantly decreased in the abdomen in men administered T alone compared with LNG alone (-4.9 +/- 2.8%; P < 0.05). Fat mass significantly increased in the abdomen with LNG alone (4.1 +/- 1.0%; P < 0.05) compared with baseline and was unchanged with the combination of T+LNG, suggesting that LNG attenuates the decrease in fat mass seen with T alone. There was no change in weight or body mass index in any group during the study. This study shows that in young eugonadal men 1) T alone rapidly increases lean mass and decreases fat mass in 4-8 wk; 2) T+LNG rapidly increases lean mass, but has no effect on fat mass; and 3) LNG alone increases fat mass. The favorable profile on body composition by T is, therefore, partially attenuated by the progestin, LNG. These findings suggest that androgen-based male hormonal contraceptives might have favorable effects on body composition. The impact of these changes on cardiovascular risk in normal men needs further study.

Here's one more, with men 65 and older. Since we fall in the middle of these two studied, you'll get a good idea of test ability to help with burning fat.

Effect of testosterone treatment on body composition and muscle strength in men over 65 years of age.

Snyder PJ, Peachey H, Hannoush P, Berlin JA, Loh L, Lenrow DA, Holmes JH, Dlewati A, Santanna J, Rosen CJ, Strom BL.

Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6087, USA.

As men age, serum testosterone concentrations decrease, the percentage of body mass that is fat increases, the percentage of lean body mass decreases, and muscle strength decreases. Because these changes are similar to those that occur in hypogonadal men, we hypothesized that increasing the serum testosterone concentration of men over 65 yr of age to that in young men would decrease their fat mass, increase their lean mass, and increase their muscle strength. We randomized 108 men over 65 yr of age to wear either a testosterone patch or a placebo patch in a double blind study for 36 months. We measured body composition by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry and muscle strength by dynamometer before and during treatment. Ninety-six men completed the entire 36-month protocol. Fat mass decreased (-3.0+/-0.5 kg) in the testosterone-treated men during the 36 months of treatment, which was significantly different (P = 0.001) from the decrease (-0.7+/-0.5 kg) in the placebo-treated men. Lean mass increased (1.9+/-0.3 kg) in the testosterone-treated men, which was significantly different (P < 0.001) from that (0.2+/-0.2 kg) in the placebo-treated men. The decrease in fat mass in the testosterone-treated men was principally in the arms (-0.7+/-0.1 kg; P < 0.001 compared to the placebo group) and legs (-1.1+/-0.2 kg; P < 0.001), and the increase in lean mass was principally in the trunk (1.9+/-0.3 kg; P < 0.001). The change in strength of knee extension and flexion at 60 degrees and 180 degrees angular velocity during treatment, however, was not significantly different between the two groups. We conclude that increasing the serum testosterone concentrations of normal men over 65 yr of age to the midnormal range for young men decreased fat mass, principally in the arms and legs, and increased lean mass, principally in the trunk, but did not increase the strength of knee extension and flexion, as measured by dynamometer.

JohnnyB

Thread Information