Slypknot is offline Member

For all those in fear of telling your physician!

Well!

I am damn glad to report my dr apt went well today! I hadn't seen my 'HMO' doc for almost a year and really wanted to get bloodwork done but was nervous as hell (for obvious reasons).

As soon as I told him I wanted a test for test/est/liver/etc etc (all about what I read on here) he became real curious about why I wanted the test - if I had any problems/conditions I wasn't telling him about. So after much internal debate I just spit it out... He was way cool about not putting it in my chart and was even mad that I didn't come to see him before - to get precycle bloodwork done! He thought it would have been 'cool and interesting' to see how it affects me both before and during and made me promise to come back for a post... I mean he seemed as into me getting this bloodwork done as I was!

Keep in mind, this guy is a typical HMO doc who I rarely, if ever, visit - so my vote is to tell the doc everything and trust that they aren't there to screw ya by writing it all down in your chart!

Got Gear? is offline Member
    My doc was cool.

Didn't help me any, but didn't hurt to let her know.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    Shit....my Doc even works out at my gym , but he's like the runner type of gym dude , so I'm not to sure how he'll be. The last time I was cycling he was looking me up and down and I had a sweat-shirt on. I know what was going through his mind. I guess I should just stop being a pussy and break the news to him...huh?

longhornDr is offline Member
    It's better to tell your doctor everything. We aren't going to narc on you under any circumstances, unless you say something stupid like you're going to kill somebody for steroids .

The only things we are required by law to report are(in Texas):

1) Threats to other people

2) Suspected child abuse (not even spousal abuse)

3) Certain STDs

All you have to do is ask that it not be written anywhere on your record. You have that right.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Yup, my mom works for my doctor and I still tell him everything, he hasn't said a thing. He is really cool, you just have to find a doctor that you like and has a good personality, O ya and they should be smart too.

Pain

Slypknot is offline Member
    Sorry - I've just had the bad luck of dealing with quite a few Dr's (and dentists) who were truly in the 'craft' strictly for the cash... they would keep me coming back over and over and then when a second opinion was done it was discovered nothing was ever wrong.... This combined with my experiences using HMO docs, I was REALLY nervous. But just like Longhorn said, it went great and felt like a relief since now I have someone who now knows all the facts and could possible prevent some problems down the road.

Solrock is offline Member
    Thanks Slyp... this is something I have been debating about doing for years. my fear has always come back to it being placed in my records.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes, definitely with Longhorn on this one. We often hear crazy things come out of patient's mouth's and telling me you are juicing is certainly no big shocker. Anyway, an astute Doc is going to be somewhat curious as to why you would want tests done of this nature for any other reason than juice.

Patient's have a lot more power in what is charted than most realize. Unless you meet certain criteria, you are totally in the clear telling your Doc. My advice, if you are curious or worried, ask him/her and be totally honest!

Doc M

Thread Information