Thread: Syringe Filter?

H.pYl0ri is offline Junior Member

Syringe Filter?

I'm wondering how the syringe filters work and what size to buy. .45u or .20 u. I use 25g 1 1/2 inch pinz or 25g 1 inch pinz. But I draw with either an 18g 1 1/2 inch pin or a 20g 1 1/2 inch pin. Since I'm new to the whole filter thing any advise on how to use them would help too.

Any help would be appreciated

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, the whatman 0.45um is the one u want. U put the pin on the bottom end and the syringe on the top. Dont push to hard u can break the filter. Hope this helps.

OG

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You only use the syringe filter to sterilize gear. You don't use it for every injection. If you have gear from a reputable company then filtering should not be necessary.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Rickson
    You only use the syringe filter to sterilize gear. You don't use it for every injection. If you have gear from a reputable company then filtering should not be necessary.
    Ohhhya i wa assuming ur using it to make fina or something not regular injections. Guess ur right Rickson should have made sure first...

OG

my intention or assumption of use was for loose particles in the bottles. Such as rubber from poking through the top. I was hoping the filters would help in that asspect. I appreciate all the replies and hope that my intention for usage is correct as far as filtering loose particles.

You don't need to worry about particles. If your gear is from a reputable company that will not be a problem and neither should rubber falling from the bladder into your gear.

Rickson thanks for your reply but I swear I can see the rubber. Matter of fact see one or two pieces in each bottle very tiny but still big enough to know it isn't a bubble and in fact something else. Just say if there were a couple of small pieces of the bladder in the gear and no matter what you try it comes through the pin, then could you use the syringe filter for that, if of course you want every last bit of the gear? All the gear is from reputable companies.

Then you are drawing with to big a pin. I have never had that problem other then when using a huge pin. I see you are using an 18 guage. Draw with a 20 guage and that won't happen. You can filter all your gear but understand you are going to lose about 1-2 CC's in the filter. The whatman isn't going to let you filter 1 CC.

freakmaster is offline Junior Member
    What size needle doesn't matter. It's how you draw up, that matters. First of all you must spike the vial with the bevel of the needle up, the bevel is the flat part of the needle at the opening. Also when you are in the process of drawing out of the vial you should, first shoot the same amount of air in the vial as you are drawing out,(example: drawing up 3mls, you shoot in 3mls of air)< spike the vial at a slight angle, not just up and down, draw out of the vial with bevel up, at a slight angle, making sure to prime the needle before injecting. If you try to draw with the bevel down, that causes what is called coring, hence part of the stopper in the vial. Syringe filters are used for drawing out of amps, to filter out shards of glass that might be remaining in the amp, or for unsterilzed bulk medications, or interocular medications that require injection. Filter needles are usually described by the size of the particulant matter that i can sufficiently filter, usually notated by the micron, you might see .5 micron for most particulant matter, or .22 micron for interocular injections. If you encounter parinculant matter in the vial you are drawing out of than a filter needle would be a good choice, but if you just have a piece of the rubber stopper in the vial, you can either use a filter needle, or try to have the bevel of the needle against the side of the vial, (when you spike the vial at a angle with bevel up this is possible) and when you get to the last few ml's of the vial, you can angle the bevel against the bottom of the vial when drawing up, this usually works. If you are using drawing out of a vial using a filter needle, after drawing out of the vial, pull back on the syring to get the remaining fluid that usually get's stuck in the filter needle before priming your new needle for injection. If you fail to do so you risk wasting some of your AS in the filter needle. Hope this helps.

That's what I'm talking about!! Sooo much help! thanks freakmaster!!

dansteelman is offline Member
    Be Careful bro, I pushed too hard on my whatman and ended up wasting a whole cc of fina that blew up in my face. The BA does not feel very nice in the eyes. So much for tryin to make my fina eyedrops

Thread Information