m16a2 is offline Senior Member

My cycle and life direction conflict

I don't know how many people visit the AR Lounge, but I am actually joining the National Guard, and will probably ship out to basic in 3-4 months. I'm starting my cycle of fina/winny on april 1st about, and I am thankful I decided to leave the prop out this time. Upon arriving at basic I will be required to be able to do sprints, and endurance running, or life gets very difficult. I consider this to be catabolic and I doubt that putting on alot of muscle would help me. So, my goal is to DROP weight... I do have some fat that I am working on loosing and making good progress with. I want to practice endurance running and sprints, while doing morning cardio, clean diet, and resistance training (isolation ONLY). I just wanted to get a few bro's opinions on this. I have to be under 190 when I ship out... I have no idea why, but that's the rules. Most of my muscle is in my shoulders and back and legs.

Well, I just wanted to get some bro's opinions on this matter.

Thank you

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    My opionon would be to take the winny and fina and get lean in in really good condition. I suggest going above the fat burning zone into the cardio zone (70+% MHR) This will help you get really conditioned and make basic much more easy for you, also the more conditioned you are the less muscle you will lose at basic. Also lose whatever BF you can, this will make life much easier for you at training. Hope this helps.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Pain's right bro, but to put your mind at ease a little bit. Even if you don't get down below 190, they'll do a bf test. If it's the same as what they did to me when I joined the service, they take the measurement of your waist and the measurement of your neck. Then they subtract your neck meas. from your waist meas. and if it comes out to 12 or less, your fine. I don't tknow how accurate this test is but it's what they use.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    they take the measurement of your waist and the measurement of your neck. Then they subtract your neck meas. from your waist meas. and if it comes out to 12 or less, your fine. I don't tknow how accurate this test is but it's what they use.
    Holy sh*t, so if you are over 190, and have a a 32" waist, which some pretty in shape guys will at a bodyweight of say 235 and height of 6'2" or so, then you need at least a 20 inch neck in order to "pass"?? That sucks!

Yeah, the whole concept is screwy, but it does have logic behind it. If you have too much muscle, basic is gonna be really hard on you. They want agile and quick solders. The combat of the modern age is with guns and bombs, not brawn and size. It doesn't take a man with muscles to pull the trigger. Perhaps in the middle ages it was different (like knights and stuff).

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    Just take T3 and all that muscle and fat will vaporize.

If you want to hold onto more muscle, just take it with steroids and clenbuterol .

-SF

Well, I figured t3 would be loosing muscle and fat, but if I'm on a cycle it should be limited. So do you think that T3 would be a good idea for me? I have about a week of clen left.

Thread Information