elite2kr is offline Member

Usage of accutane for perfect skin

Ok i havent done any cycles or used anyting but a multi vitamn in well over a year. I have 150- 20mg accutane caps, but ive never used accutane before and have some concerns. I dont have bad acne just some blackheads on my nose and occasional mild face acne. Would takign a short cycle of accutane at 20mg benifits outweight the side effects?

All im wanting to do with it is elimitate blackheads completly and shrink my pores in my face.

Auto54 is offline Member
    Bro, Accutate is some strong stuff!! You only want to use that stuff for really bad acne! It is harder on the liver than a lot of gear.

Just use basic OTC stuff for what you have described. Try those strips for the blackheads on your nose. Soaps and creams and such should work good in general for average acne.

Quote Originally Posted by elite2kr
    Ok i havent done any cycles or used anyting but a multi vitamn in well over a year. I have 150- 20mg accutane caps, but ive never used accutane before and have some concerns. I dont have bad acne just some blackheads on my nose and occasional mild face acne. Would takign a short cycle of accutane at 20mg benifits outweight the side effects?

All im wanting to do with it is elimitate blackheads completly and shrink my pores in my face.

elite2kr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead947
    Bro, Accutate is some strong stuff!! You only want to use that stuff for really bad acne! It is harder on the liver than a lot of gear.

Just use basic OTC stuff for what you have described. Try those strips for the blackheads on your nose. Soaps and creams and such should work good in general for average acne.

I have as good skin as i will get without shutting off oil glands. Im not concerd about my liver cause its very healthy and i dont plan on using gear for along time.

So i guess my question should be what are all the possible things that could happen from shut off oil glands besides dryness.

Also what are the others sides of accutane?

Geodogg is offline Associate Member
    i have used accutane in the past and it worked very well.
    I know it works for acne, but i don't think it works for blackheads. it didn't for me.
    hope that helps.

Auto54 is offline Member
    Are you currently using any OTC products? Accutate would be a last resort if I were you (and I think your doc would agree).

Thats great that your liver is very healty. I'd want to keep it that way, too.

Sell the Accutane to somebody w/ really bad acne and go get a weekly facial.

Quote Originally Posted by elite2kr
    I have as good skin as i will get without shutting off oil glands. Im not concerd about my liver cause its very healthy and i dont plan on using gear for along time.

Thread Information