Thread: Kris Dim

bruary17 is offline Member

Kris Dim

Anyone remember this pro BB? Shorter Asian guy, Super wide clavicals and awesome shoulders.

Some of you may already be aware but he collapsed and almost died due to a torn aorta, does anyone think this was in any way steroid related? After his surgery he went in for a routune check up and actually had to go back under the knife due to the aorta swelling and becoming in jeopardy of tearing again.

What do you guys think? Was the gear causing this or just a genetic defect?

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    I saw him in September in the gym. Not often i see guys shorter then me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    I saw him in September in the gym. Not often i see guys shorter then me lol.
    Really? He's still throwing the weight around? Wow. Talk about a love for the sport. Is he still on gear?

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    I did not see him in action. He was with another huge Asian guy might of been training him.

frignugs is offline Associate Member
    He came back in 2009 in the 202 division, got the huge scar and everything. Genetics or drugs being the cause? likely the combination of both.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    There is no way to know what really caused his AAA (acute aortic aneurysm). The condition is caused by a weakness in the inner lining of the aorta that tears away from the outer vessel wall (aortic dissection). Now you have blood being forced into this space created by the tear. When this happens, you'll sometimes notice a pulsating mass (the aneurysm) if you press hard enough on the abdomen. If this aneurism bursts, you're dead in a matter of seconds from blood loss.

He likely had the weak spot in his aorta from birth, but sped up the condition's onset by using gear and lifting heavy (higher blood pressure and cardiac output).
    Nobody can say for sure that the AAS caused it (or how much it accelerated the event), but it sure didn't help.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 04-21-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    There is no way to know what really caused his AAA (acute aortic aneurysm). The condition is caused by a weakness in the inner lining of the aorta that tears away from the outer vessel wall (aortic dissection). Now you have blood being forced into this space created by the tear. When this happens, you'll sometimes notice a pulsating mass (the aneurysm) if you press hard enough on the abdomen. If this aneurism bursts, you're dead in a matter of seconds from blood loss.

He likely had the weak spot in his aorta from birth, but sped up the condition's onset by using gear and lifting heavy (higher blood pressure and cardiac output).
    Nobody can say for sure that the AAS caused it (or how much it accelerated the event), but it sure didn't help.
    Scary-shit. Anything with the heart freaks me out.

Having said that, anyone want to buy any 1-AD? Haha! Bonaparte knows what's up.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    Scary-shit. Anything with the heart freaks me out.
    Well, its not really a heart condition, since it is the main artery of the body and usually some distance from the heart. But yeah, it is the cardiovascular system

Kostas is offline Junior Member
    I do remember the guy from old MMag photos and articles

Still scary..

Thread Information