THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Question How Do You Get More Vascular?

It seems that some people are more vascular regardless of bf levels. I know that low bf helps, but is there anything else that a person can do? Does coffee or water intake matter? What about high reps or cardio?

Thanks

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Of course the more water you hold the less vascular you are, and the same goes for bf%. High reps won't affect your vascularity and cardio lowers your bf% which in turn helps your vascularity. Winny makes you hard and more vascular. But all in all, it does involve bf% and genetics.

Slypknot is offline Member
    One other hint - stay AWAY from dairy.... it makes the skin thick.

chinups Guest
    I hate that. I LOVE MY MILK! I can't drink any milk, even skim?

Oh you can - but I'd shy away from it completely if you're really wanting that vascular look... hell, all dairy products (cheese, etc) will cause this. I'd recommend doing some research for preparing for a bb competition...there are a lot of tricks of the trade that the competitors use to get that 'look'.....

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Slypknot
    One other hint - stay AWAY from dairy.... it makes the skin thick.
    where is some evidence on this? i can understand why cheese or processed dairy that is high in fat/sat. fat will make your skin thick, but skim milk? the fat free milk i drink has 80 calories per serving, 7g protein, and 1.5 g fat per cup...what in the milk specifically causes the skin to get thick? i really don't agree with this unless u have some proof for us slyp

lucky27 is offline Associate Member
    I agree with daem, i drink 2 of my shakes a day with fat free milk, morning and night, and i drink a glass with dinner also. My forearms and bi's are vascular as hell, with my shoulders becoming very vascular also, chest, quads, and calve are beginning to show vascularity also. But, i also do cardio for 45-50 minutes every morning 6 days a week,at 70-75 % MHR, on an empty stomach.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Whether or not there is evidence to back this up, i don't know. However, if u start lookin at precontest diets, you will notice its not in 99% of the diets u look at. When u start seeing the same similarities over and over again, there has to be a reason nearly everyone is leavin the dairy out.

Cock Diesel155 is offline Associate Member
    Your genetics also are a big factor in this debate. If your an endomorph of course your not going to be as vascular as us mesomorph's

A little EQ wouldn't hurt.

I drink Homogonized milk with my shakes and I am ripped and cut as ever. That is mostly due to my metabolism though.

longhornDr is offline Member
    Angiogenesis can be stimulated by doing slow reps of 40 or more. One of the more famous vascular physiologists used to work in my lab, I'll try and find some of her papers later.

Dank1447 is offline Junior Member
    milk and dairy do make the skin thicker, look......

"Do not consume milk (or other dairy products, like cheese, yogurt (-ice) and desserts), because milk from every mammal contains substances that increase absorption of peptides. That is why dairy consumers in general have a grainy and swollen skin."

"QUESTION:
    What's the deal with nonfat milk making your skin look thick. I drink tons of milk (all nonfat).
    ANSWER:
    In a previous response to nonfat milk, I stated, "Nonfat milk is good unless you are planning on hitting a show, it tends to make your skin look thicker and thick skin is not very attractive on stage. Otherwise, milk is excellent..."

My question to you is, are you getting ready for a bodybuilding contest? If you are and you are still drinking milk, then I'd guess that your skin is not too thin. If you are not getting ready for a show and you are still drinking milk, then I'd guess again that your skin is not too thin. Maybe I'd better define what "thin skin" is. A successful bodybuilder's skin, at contest time, is about as thin as a few sheets of paper. In order to get into this kind of condition (1 to 3% bodyfat), all dairy products must be eliminated from the diet. Case in point, last summer, I took the stage at the Mr. Natural USA in Las Vegas at about 3% bodyfat and placed third. After the show, I succumbed to "dairy cravings" and drank a couple glasses of milk at the hotel. The next morning, I woke up looking like I'd never dieted before, my skin definitely got thicker than a few sheets of paper. Although I was still 3% bodyfat, I looked as if I were 15-20%. If I'd have taken the stage after drinking the milk, I would have gotten laughed right out of Vegas. No doubt, milk is physically good for everybody, but it is not aesthetically good for competitive bodybuilders."

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with slyp I don't need a scientific study to tell me that dairy makes me less vascular. That is what experience is for and I can't think of any BB contestants who are drinking even skim milk in the last six weeks of contest prep. Some may be naturally more vascular then others and can get away with drinking skim milk but it doesn't mean that they are at their best.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    because of this thread im going to eliminate milk tomorrow to see if i can notice any large improvements in vascularity the last week of my cycle...maybe it won't be enough time to see a noticable difference, but then again maybe it will. ill post with results.

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    What about Soy Milk? Does that cause thick skin too? +++ What is it about the diary products that make skin thick? Oh and one last thing, what about Milk protien (like Milk isolate) does that cause thick skin too?

I'm sure there is some weird 'mystic' forumla for a type of milk which does not increase skin density - but it's probably only found in 'Muscle Milk'...

By the way Dank, great post!

chinups Guest
    Milk,Yogurt,Cheese. My skin is going to be 4 inches thick. FUCK

alevok Guest
    diet and cardio bro

Thread Information