nutrition7771 is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up drinking lots of alcohol & taking steroids

if your injecting steroids does that then mean if you drink alcohol its wont be putting extra stress on your liver ? and is stress on the liver the only bad point to dirnkin alcochol when using steroids ??? also what other bad points apart from stress on the liver does drinking have when taking aas ?
    thanks

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes, naturally drinking will put more stress on the liver than just oral steroids alone.

No there are all kinds of other bad things drinking causes like tons of metablolized sugar.

If you are an idiot when you drink you will be more of an idiot when you drink on steroids .

This is just a few reasons not to drink heavily on steroids, its kinda like taking a math test while smoking pot it just does not make sense.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    dont drink and do steroids ....

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    What a dumb question....Alcohol effects everything in yhour body whether your on gear or not. gear + alcohol =extra stress on body

manblue is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    its kinda like taking a math test while smoking pot
    lol

i dont drink most of the time but every couple of months ill have a blow out an drink quite a lot in a night but i keep to spirits

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    drinking is ok in a moderate sense on cycle
    drinkin heavily on cycle, esp while on oral steroids is a bad combo for your liver
    Drinkin heavily is bad on liver, so when ur liver is compromised with the oral steroids , its not good health for it

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    This is just a few reasons not to drink heavily on steroids, its kinda like taking a math test while smoking pot it just does not make sense.
    Wait...so that's why my grades at the fire academy have been slipping????!!!!

cantbetouched is offline Associate Member
    a beer bong a day keeps the liver at bay... or maybe its a beerbong a day and your liver goes away huh idk anymore....
    limit the booze maybe a beer a week on cheat meal max but if your training hard enough to cycle you wouldn't be binge drinking...

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    heavy drinking is a mugs game period. i used to be that guy.

drinking and training arent good combinations whether on aas or not, and obviously the body is more strained if using aas and drinking alot.
    Last edited by dec11; 04-26-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    This shouldn't really even be a question that needs to be answered. Steroids should be used only after you've reached your genetic potential. That means that your diet, training and lifestyle are all optimum for achieving your goals and you've reached the best that you can do. If you drink, you're not at that level.

And as somebody who hasn't had a drink in quite a few years, let me tell you, I haven't missed out on anything by not drinking (except for a few hangovers, but who misses those?).

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    If you are dedicated to your training, diet n cycle then why why n why you want to drink that sh*t.....

smashingbox is offline Associate Member
    Drinking heavily would put stress on your liver regardless... but if you are on a cycle which has any oral steroids then that is just plain retarded. Honestly if you are paying for the gear, protein powder, gym membership and other supps etc... all trying to improve your physique then why would you want to go and get Charlie Sheened on the weekends? Seems kinda counter-productive.

Can't wait till the "0 alcohol ever on or off cycle" crew come along. They are going to molest you.

Blade15 is offline Senior Member
    Forget that Alcohol...

Train Hard

aussie_bodybuilda is offline Associate Member
    i go 2 music festivals sometimes that go for like 10 hours n they dont sell food inside :P? of course ur going to drink / take drugs lol , but i only go to them once every couple of monthhs its pretty much the only time i get off my head completely. and i rarely drink anymore either. but yeh ur rite it does fuk ur training up and set u back alot, and the next few days u will def feel like absolute crap lol. ( gotta enjoy life sometimes so i dont see no other better place to do this , show ya body off while feeling absolutely mad on drugs there is no better feeling lol ).

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    jersey shore really screwed up the youth of today...lol

sensaispike is offline Member
    I like to look at it like this..... carbs 4 cals per gram, pro 4 cals per gram, fat 9 cals per gram, alcohol 7 cals per gram...... in my eyes aside from all of the other issues everyone has listed thats almost like drinking fat.....

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    You know this subject comes up once a month and has done for the last 5 years straight..

I wish people would learn how to use the search function...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    LMAO weirdly while i was reading the thread in the back of the mind was Jersey shore...

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    I've drank on injectables a bunch of times. Never affected gains or caused health problems.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    there are studies somewhere im sure of it that will tell you that alcohol will slow down the effects of steroids as well as all the other shit that goes with it................

like Matt said search and learn...................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

cantbetouched is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Booz View Post
    there are studies somewhere im sure of it that will tell you that alcohol will slow down the effects of steroids as well as all the other shit that goes with it................

like Matt said search and learn...................
    No there aren't

im sure there was?
    i have definately read it somewhere mate.........................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    I've drank on injectables a bunch of times. Never affected gains or caused health problems.
    Bullshit. Maybe you were still happy with your gains, but to say that alcohol (abuse) has no negative effects on anabolism, training, etc is absurd.

im sure there was?
    i have definately read it somewhere mate.........................
    I'd love to read it if you could find it bro. Would be very interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Bullshit. Maybe you were still happy with your gains, but to say that alcohol (abuse) has no negative effects on anabolism, training, etc is absurd.
    why is it absurd? Because people like to parrot how bad alcohol is all the time for your gains? How about scientific data to support this argument? Here is some science that supports the exact opposite

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/tru...nd-muscle.html
    http://www.**************/free_onlin...e_to_alcohol_1 (t - nation . com is the censored part)

there are studies somewhere showing that alcohol decreases testosterone

fropm a personal point whenever i have been drinking on a cycle when i was younger it def held me back gains wise

there are studies somewhere showing that alcohol decreases testosterone

fropm a personal point whenever i have been drinking on a cycle when i was younger it def held me back gains wise
    yea that is does but our test levels are so elevated on gear that I don't think it would drop them enough to drastically reduce gains. It is very important for me to keep a social life going so I would rather not be that guy who stays home every weekend just because I don't want it to affect the little it does to my results in the gym

The sort of drinking the guy in the top link is writing about is not what we're talking about.
    Sure, have your glass of red wine with dinner.
    But the sort of 3-4 nights per week, 12 beers in 3 hours binge drinking innevitably followed by McDonalds that most young guys are interested in (I went to UF, so maybe your college experience was different) is anything but productive or healthy.

It isn't just the alcohol, it's everything that goes along with it. This includes fasting and gorging, hangovers, etc...

I don't care how many wino gurus you can find that are willing to twist facts to get attention, I've seen the effects of alcohol abuse for years and I doubt that you can find anything that is going to convince me that my training wouldn't suffer were I to go out and get shit-faced several times per week (because I know better from personal experience).

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    The sort of drinking the guy in the top link is writing about is not what we're talking about.
    Sure, have your glass of red wine with dinner.
    But the sort of 3-4 nights per week, 12 beers in 3 hours binge drinking innevitably followed by McDonalds that most young guys are interested in (I went to UF, so maybe your college experience was different) is anything but productive or healthy.

It isn't just the alcohol, it's everything that goes along with it. This includes fasting and gorging, hangovers, etc...

I don't care how many wino gurus you can find that are willing to twist facts to get attention, I've seen the effects of alcohol abuse for years and I doubt that you can find anything that is going to convince me that my training wouldn't suffer were I to go out and get shit-faced several times per week (because I know better from personal experience).
    I agree those articles don't really mention binge drinking so they are not perfect.

No I went to a huge party school and partied my ass off the way you described. Wasn't juicing at the time though. I still had a pretty good physique for a natural. I don't think it's fair to assume everyone goes to mcdonalds during the binge though. You can hold off if you have enough self control. The negative effects of alcohol are grossly over-exaggerated, especially for a steroid user

im not saying that you should abstain from alcohol whilst ""on"",i mean you only live once and you have to enjoy this life but exsessive alcohol intake imo would set you back and hold you back..............

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    just seems careless to me. all i think about is growing...... thats my high. What a boring life i know.......lol

Thread Information