Slypknot is offline Member

Pump so big it hurts???

Alright - last night I was workin on arms (bi's/tri's)... I'm in my 6th week of Deca @400mg/Sust@500mg.

My arms seemed to get so damn pumped they hurt..and I mean bad. It was not like a tendon thing, more like the muscle itself was just pulsating with pain! Weirdest feeling I've ever had. I was afraid to keep doing curls, but did anyway (figuring I could get answers from you bro's later). I was doing more weight than I had ever done with curling 50's in reps of 10!!! (major accomplishment for me, I was at 25's)

Is this pain normal while cycling? Especially if you really hammer a muscle hard? I don't seem to get this kinda pain in my legs/back/chest/etc - it's only in the arms. Could it be my intensity is just a little too intense? I notice now that I want more when I lift - used to do 3 arm exercises and now I want to do 5 and just keep adding...but this pain is enough to halt me after only 2!

Thanks bro's!

Jenseno9 is offline Member
    Well I dont really know the anser to your question but its never good to keep training a muscle if it hurts. Now depending on how much pain you are willing to endure that is up to you.
    Bump for a better answer.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That pain is why I go to the gym. Very common if you are site injecting.

Ok very cool - just wanted to make sure my muscle wouldn't bust out and hit me in the face cause it was seriously like nothing I had felt before... and it wasn't my bi's...(wish I knew the name of the muscle) but it's on the underside of your forearm (looks nice and vascular when clinching fist). Thing felt like it was just gonna rip outta my skin but I just kept on pumpin like a madman!

realer is offline Associate Member
    yo bro i know the feeling.The pump is so crazy it feels like your arms are about to bust. as far as i know its normal when doing AS, well for me at least. i love that feeling..

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    I used to get them naturally when i was a teen, then lost it for a few years. Now I getting them in every cycle. I love it, very nice feeling to get.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    if you have doubled the amount of weight you curl for biceps then i would be concerned with joint discomfort at this point...i know the deca has a tendency to help alleviate joint pain but you need to remember that the feeling won't last forever after your last inject. if you keep getting solid pumps, then great, just don't hesitate to cut back if you think you might be doing more harm then good...good luck bro.

Xtrastrength is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Slypknot
    Ok very cool - just wanted to make sure my muscle wouldn't bust out and hit me in the face cause it was seriously like nothing I had felt before... and it wasn't my bi's...(wish I knew the name of the muscle) but it's on the underside of your forearm (looks nice and vascular when clinching fist). Thing felt like it was just gonna rip outta my skin but I just kept on pumpin like a madman!
    Slyp, I've got that a few times on my d-bol/eq cycle. My forearms get so pumped that I can't move my wrists. I fear that I'll rip the muscle clear off the tendon, so I go run em under some warm water and massage em when it gets unbearable. Then, I eat a 45 pound plate and crap it out next to the squat rack. Strange? Yes, but it's worked so far!

Cock Diesel155 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Slypknot
    Ok very cool - just wanted to make sure my muscle wouldn't bust out and hit me in the face cause it was seriously like nothing I had felt before...
    That woould have been awesome to see if that happened.. Just sitting there and watching someone lift and there fuckin bicep bust out and hits their face..

Originally posted by Xtrastrength

Slyp, I've got that a few times on my d-bol/eq cycle. My forearms get so pumped that I can't move my wrists. I fear that I'll rip the muscle clear off the tendon, so I go run em under some warm water and massage em when it gets unbearable. Then, I eat a 45 pound plate and crap it out next to the squat rack. Strange? Yes, but it's worked so far!
    Bahahahha!!!! OMG! I was followin ya just fine until the crap at the rack.. Now THAT would be a funny thing to see!....far away from the actual crap location though of course.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    ROFL haha.. seriously made my night

BIG-G is offline Banned

painfull pumps........

Even tho it is safe to say, stop the set if its that bad, thats just not my way. I tatoo'ed PAIN on my back for one of those reasons, to push past the pain barrier everyday!! Pain is my drug of choice, and is what keeps me alive!! Ride it out bro and grow~!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pump so big it hurts???-im000569.jpg  

pcity is offline Junior Member
    Its normal i feel the same pump at times.I love the feeling my op its mean your growing>

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    Bro I know the feeling.... I was on an D-ball/EQ/Test cycle.......I was doing BIs (hammer curls) and my arms just started getting pumped to the point that they HURT BIG. I mean it was sooo painful I had to drop the workout all togeather. I thought my arms were gona explode..
    But then again I found out it was totally normal.......--- I mean on my cycle everthing got over pumped (chest, legs, shoulders) but I guess the reason U feel pain in the Bicepts is cause realtively its one of the smaller muscles.....

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    same cycle bro and same pump. my bi's really hurt when i do my arm workout. but worse than that is my shoulders. when i do my delt workout my shoulders scream with pain from the pump.

the gear makes it worse than usual and i'm not so sure i like it. but you know what they say, (here's an old one for you), 'there's no gain without pain'.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    PAIN........is weakness leaving the body! And as Rickson said, it's a GREAT motivation for me to go to the gym and let 'em hang!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    The pain you are talking about is like Rickson said..."the whole reason I go to the gym." Personally i like that feeling better than sex......well ok maybe not better than sex, but close!

Xtrastrength is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    The pain you are talking about is like Rickson said..."the whole reason I go to the gym." Personally i like that feeling better than sex......well ok maybe not better than sex, but close!
    Texan, what I suggest is combining sex with your workout. I mean, I might get a few odd stares when I'm catching a rim job during a set of cable crossovers, or hitting some random gym bunny doggy style while I do preacher curls, but it really helps me squeeze out that extra rep. One time though, I got carried away. This chick was giving me a hummer while I sat on the leg extension bench, and when she took me into the back of her throat, I kicked her right through the wall. I felt really bad, not because she was unconscious, but because I had built up a really fat load. I said "fuck it", and mounted her right there on the bathroom floor. I bet she had some really cool dreams that day

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    I understand, and am jealous of this pain. Infact I'm not jealous because I had it last night.

It felt like my arms were so pumped they were going to push the bone out the other side of my arm...however that side (the tricep) was pushing back equally as hard.

I live/love and respect this pain. This pain is what tells us we are growing and pushing your limits! Now that shooting pain ya get in ya elbow that's a bad pain *hypothetical pain* lol...that's from going to heavy and should be stopped...but the pain you speak of..

oh it's such a joy!

Infact I got it in my shoulders on monday!

Life is good, good indeed!

Supertrooper is offline New Member
    I am on the exact same cycle in my 3rd wk. I have not had anything happen. Am I getting close or what? Will it just hit me one day? Thanks for any answers.

Hit me at week 6 bro....

Flaco is offline Associate Member
    Nothing compares to deadlift pain while "on"..

Steve is offline Associate Member
    I get a crazy pump in my forearm when im on cycle. When ive finished wrist curls my forearms sometimes really feel like there gonna cut off the blood supply or something. Cant move my arm for a while after

Bulldog5.0 is offline Junior Member
    You guys are killing me. My first inject is a week from monday with prop and eq. For months I've been dreaming of pumps so intense I wonder if my skin can contain them. I'll keep you posted.

Thread Information