Luke is offline Associate Member

What the hell are 'perks' ???

I was talking to a guy and he says that he takes 'perks' (some pills available in the drugstore by prescription) before workouts to give him awesome energy. What are those? (He didn't know the exact name, so I couldn't look it up).

THX.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    percocets=painkillers

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Wouldn't pain killers relax you? Ephedrine will give you a pick me up pre- workout.

JERSEY SHORE is offline Associate Member

correct neo

It would definitly relax you and that friend is an IDIOT to take pain medication to go workout!!!Im not saying i 've taken them recreatinoal now and then but NOT PART OF MY WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS!!

latman49 is offline Member
    No way your buddy is taking percocet before a workout....Percocet is a combination of oxycodone and acetaminophen which is capible of putting you in a walking coma, unless you're elephant.
    Last edited by latman49; 06-14-2002 at 11:14 PM.

bizznach is offline Associate Member
    ya dude perks are deffinatly not good pre work out. i got some from the doc. after i broke my hand and let me tell u what, u pop a couple of those and ull be in lala land buddy. good stuff but not when u want to lift.

G-S Guest
    Percocest? I thought it was Percodan.

steele175 is offline New Member
    PERKocets will give u a slight pick me up. but not to go to the gym! i take them if i have a hangvover or head ache. two 54543 perks and a 6 pack, ...alldone no matter who you are! percodan are taken to relax muscles so you can sleep while in slight pain from injury

latman49 is offline Member
    Percodan and Percocet are for all intensive purposes the same drug....Their only difference is Percodan contains Oxycodone and aspirin and Percocet contains Oxycodone and Acetaminophen....for those who can not take anything containing aspirin. Both drugs contain 5mg of oxycodone HCl which is a derivitive of 14-hydroxydihydrocodeinone. Both drugs will leave normal humans dazed and confused....neither should be taken before a workout.....and neither should EVER be taken with alcohol....unless you want to go to bed one night and maybe not wake up in the morning.
    Last edited by latman49; 06-14-2002 at 11:13 PM.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    perks before a workout? better take a towel to wipe the drool off the bench!

Thread Information