Thread: DOMS and gear

smashingbox is offline Associate Member

DOMS and gear

I was thinking about this in the car on my way home from work the other day, and thought it might be worth asking on here.

I recently was forced out of gym by a surgery, so couldnt train for around 4 weeks. When I get back to the gym for the first 2-3 weeks the DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness - or just the muscle pain the day or 2 after gym) I got was pretty bad. I mean dont get me wrong I enjoy it, it reminds me constantly that my muscles are growing. But as we all know after a few weeks it subsides and sometimes (in the case of my biceps) I get to a point it seems that no matter how hard I train I cant get that pain anymore.

My question is, if you had trained to a point where you no longer got DOMS, or it was very minor, and then you start a cycle... would you get the DOMS like after a break from gym? I presume you would be training harder, and pushing more weight than your body is used to and experiencing growth which are all things I associate with DOMS?

smashingbox is offline Associate Member
    Really, no one?

kelevra is offline Member
    I dont get very sore at all. As IMO if a person gets extremely sore, they are doing too much. With the exception it was a new lift and they were not use to it.
    And no i don't recognize any additional soreness going from off cycle to on.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    there is a good soreness and a bad soreness. if i don't experience some sort of muscle soreness i know i didn't work hard enough, However we're not talking about the "i can't get out of bed" soreness or the "i can't walk without looking like i'm 90 years old" kinda soreness either.
    Muscle needs to be broke down to rebuild stronger, just gotta know where the line is when it comes to overtraining. Just my .02$

Thread Information