popa is offline Senior Member

mods/vets(wondering)

how do you calculate the amount of gear for people to use by looking at their height, age, weight??

Cock Diesel155 is offline Associate Member
    Usually when people give you the dosage for advice, they go by the standard dosage like 400mgs-500mgs/wk of Test.. Does that answer your question?

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    when i do this, i try to get as much cycle info as possible, along with stats(height, age, weight, etc).
    i mean, lets face it, a 230 lb. guy thats done 6 rather large test based cycles isnt going to do the same dosages as a brother that weighs 180lbs and has only done 2.
    its all about the background and cycle experience, along with what was used and how much of it.

peace bb79

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    When you go to the doctor - he/she gives you a routine check up before adding any meds to your Rx list. When you come to AR and ask for a prescription here, we need as much info as possible to recommend your best cycle based on personal stats and goals.

Height/Weight/Bodyfat: Your current lean body mass (LBM) plays a huge role in the total weekly androgens you should use. A bodybuilder holding 150lbs of lean weight needs far less exogenous androgens than a bodybuilder holding 220lbs of lean mass. If either took the others cycle - one would be pretty disappointed in the results, the other would have oversaturated his receptors to exogenous hormones and recovery would be a pain in the AAS. You have to realize that the anabolic environment to keep Markus Ruhl growing is far different from one needed to keep an entry level bodybuilder growing. Height/weight also tells how far past or close you are to a natural potential... if you are far from any natural potential then much less anabolic/androgenic steroids can be used, since you can still make significant gains without the use of AAS. I will usually tell significantly light individuals to check their training and diet first, for the most part - since they will need to know how to keep any gains from the cycle.

Age: You endogenous androgen production varies with age - testosterone peaking at 30 and then begins to drop rather quickly. A 30 year old taking 400mg of Enanthate Testosterone would get far less results than a 45 year old. Also a premature endocrine system would get severly fucked up by exogenous horomones - which is why usually someone under 21 is told to wait. Age makes a big difference.

More info: Steroid Cycle Planning - Bill Roberts

Let us consider the first goal mentioned: gaining muscle mass. Now this goal depends highly on how advanced one already is as a trainer and/or steroid user. Someone who is already 40 lb. more muscular than he could achieve naturally, and who wishes to add still more for the purposes of competitive bodybuilding, will simply find no use from a recommendation to use 500 mg/week of Sustanon . At best such a dose might allow him to maintain what he has, instead of slowly losing muscle while off drugs. Such an athlete will probably not achieve his goals with less than a gram per week of injectables, stacked with at least 50 mg/day of orals. And he may need more than this. He is already far beyond what he could attain naturally, and more yet will not come easily.

What of the person who, after several years of hard, quality training, is probably fairly close to his genetic limit under natural conditions? He would probably achieve excellent results with this same 500 mg/week dose of Sustanon, and undoubtedly would do so with some Dianabol added as well.

Another person may not even be close to his natural genetic limit in the first place, due to inconsistent or poor training, or novice status. Such a person can make excellent gains without anabolic/androgenic steroids (AAS) at all, and while AAS can increase the rate of gains, one cannot say that any particular drug regimen is necessary or advisable.

Yet another person, who simply wishes to have an attractive physique and appearance by conventional standards, and highly values the condition of his skin and hair, would be poorly served by the advice to use Sustanon or Dianabol at any dose. The likely worsening of his skin and possible acceleration of hair loss would not be worth it. He would be better served with a milder drug, which would allow him to achieve his goals with minimal cosmetic or health risk.
    Last edited by Warrior; 03-15-2003 at 12:37 PM.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    good post warrior, mabye this should be in the educational threads

popa is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by monstercojones1
    good post warrior, mabye this should be in the educational threads
    haven't seen a new post in that form for along time, I just about forgot that form was even here

Screenz is offline Junior Member
    Wow thanks for the info Warrior

Thread Information